It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:06

Text Size

Finding players for off-beat formats

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Finding players for off-beat formats

Postby PalladiaMors » 27 Apr 2015, 13:58

I'm a fan of off-beat formats: old block constructed formats, old standards, BYOS, block party, pauper, maybe some custom ideas, things like that. From my experience, a lot of people also like these things, but it's not too easy to gather enough people for any specific format, it really requires a place to gather where you can talk and see who's interested in playing what and which formats have enough people to be playable etc.

From what I've seen, nobody uses the server chat. Spamming the development forums with game related discussions seems inadequate. Where have people been gathering for game related stuff on Mage? I've looked around a bit but haven't found that place yet. Maybe, just as an idea, given what looks to me like a big increase in the number of players lately, a specific area in the forums could be created for that, I think it could be helpful to players.
PalladiaMors

Re: Finding players for off-beat formats

Postby PalladiaMors » 28 Apr 2015, 21:21

Sorry if this is a bit out of line, but I couldn't resist making a post at www.magic-league.com asking about the possibility that they could support Xmage. They're precisely what I had in mind with the post above. There was actually already a topic about this subject in their forums, but it had been dead for over 6 months. Over this period, Mage has evolved a lot, implemented a load of cards, and become more popular. I'd really like to see these two important parts of the online Magic community working together. Sorry if it wasn't my place to suggest that, but I thought someone had to do it.
PalladiaMors

Return to XMage