It is currently 23 Jul 2017, 06:54
   
Text Size

Invalid config message or serverlist using find not showing

by BetaSteward

Moderators: jeffwadsworth, LevelX, North, escplan9, BetaSteward, noxx, fireshoes, Aurum, CCGHQ Admins

Invalid config message or serverlist using find not showing

Postby LevelX » 21 May 2015, 17:46

The xmage.info domain is no longer valid so the xmage.de domain has to be used now.

So you have to change the "XMage Home" in the xmage launcher setting to this:
http://xmage.de/xmage

This will update to Launcher 0.3.4 that's the same launcher only with the updated default xmage home.

Secondly you need to change the Xmage Preferences => Connection => URL server List to:
http://XMage.de/files/server-list.txt

(was before http://XMage.info/files/server-list.txt)

xmage.dePref.jpg
User avatar
LevelX
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 15:08
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 326 times

Re: XMage serverlist using the find button does no longer wo

Postby mscwheat » 07 Jun 2015, 06:59

Change the URL Server list to the IP,, the issue is their domain is expired.

See example attached..
Attachments
example.png
mscwheat
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Jun 2015, 06:54
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: XMage serverlist using the find button does no longer wo

Postby mscwheat » 07 Jun 2015, 07:00

This is also how you can get to the download page, via the IP address.
mscwheat
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Jun 2015, 06:54
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: XMage serverlist using the find button does no longer wo

Postby LevelX » 07 Jun 2015, 07:33

mscwheat wrote:Change the URL Server list to the IP,, the issue is their domain is expired.

See example attached..
You overlooked that the obsolete xmage.info is replaced with the working xmage.de url.
The IP you use is another server that I use as backup system.
User avatar
LevelX
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 15:08
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 326 times

Re: Invalid config message or serverlist using find not show

Postby bigdaddytom87 » 12 Jan 2016, 03:08

I'm getting a long message saying unable to connect to server. It's also telling me to download a new verson, but I'm not seeing anywhere to download the new version.
bigdaddytom87
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Jan 2016, 02:53
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Invalid config message or serverlist using find not show

Postby fireshoes » 12 Jan 2016, 14:11

bigdaddytom87 wrote:I'm getting a long message saying unable to connect to server. It's also telling me to download a new verson, but I'm not seeing anywhere to download the new version.
If you use the launcher to start xmage, just click the Update button. You can also download the launcher or the latest version of xmage (Zip file) in this thread
User avatar
fireshoes
 
Posts: 536
Joined: 20 Aug 2014, 03:51
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Find Server is broken

Postby Faavre » 12 Jan 2016, 16:20

Find Server is broken.

Please tell me the ip or full url of the"fast"server so I can just type it in.

Attached is a picture of the problem.

Also, I can't find a written list of servers. . Please provide one.

Thanks. I know your are busy
Attachments
IMG_20160112_101144.jpg
Faavre
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Aug 2014, 20:24
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Find Server is broken

Postby Faavre » 12 Jan 2016, 16:28

Faavre wrote:Find Server is broken.

Please tell me the ip or full url of the"fast"server so I can just type it in.
I figured out is xmage.de . However the find server function is still out of order here. No error messages in java Box either
Faavre
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Aug 2014, 20:24
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Find Server is broken

Postby LevelX » 13 Jan 2016, 10:13

Faavre wrote:
Faavre wrote:Find Server is broken.

Please tell me the ip or full url of the"fast"server so I can just type it in.
I figured out is xmage.de . However the find server function is still out of order here. No error messages in java Box either
Look here, your xmage configuration still not correctly set:
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=17230&p=179316&hilit=xmage.info#p179316
User avatar
LevelX
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 15:08
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 326 times

Re: Invalid config message or serverlist using find not show

Postby bigdaddytom87 » 01 Feb 2016, 10:14

I am currently unable to connect to the German server. Others have told me that they are able to get onto that specific server. Whenever I go to connect to that server, it just says server won't connect. Is there something that I need to do or is the server just down? Also, I'm only able to get onto the American server. Every other server tells me that it won't connect.
bigdaddytom87
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Jan 2016, 02:53
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Invalid config message or serverlist using find not show

Postby LevelX » 01 Feb 2016, 11:02

bigdaddytom87 wrote:I am currently unable to connect to the German server. Others have told me that they are able to get onto that specific server. Whenever I go to connect to that server, it just says server won't connect. Is there something that I need to do or is the server just down? Also, I'm only able to get onto the American server. Every other server tells me that it won't connect.
You need a separate user profile on each server with activated authentication.
You created a user profile for the xmage.de server?
User avatar
LevelX
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 15:08
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 326 times

Re: Invalid config message or serverlist using find not show

Postby bigdaddytom87 » 01 Feb 2016, 11:20

I never technically created a profile for the German server, however I did for the American server. I just used bigdaddytom87 without registering it.
bigdaddytom87
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Jan 2016, 02:53
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Invalid config message or serverlist using find not show

Postby bigdaddytom87 » 01 Feb 2016, 11:25

Registering as a new user worked perfect. Thanks
bigdaddytom87
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Jan 2016, 02:53
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time


Return to XMage

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


Who is online

In total there are 7 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 279 on 11 Jul 2013, 22:03

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests

Login Form