It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:28

Text Size

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.1

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.1

Postby LevelX » 14 Jun 2015, 00:38

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.1 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too.

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues
* Linux -> UI problems if the tray icon is blinking

Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
* Fix lands targeted by Tidal Warrior, Grixis Illusionist, and other similar effects erroneously keeping all their subtypes
* Kicker - Fixed that multikicker activation number was not reset after canceled cast.
* Computer AI - Fixed a bug in AI target handling (e.g. AI's Show and Tell selection blocked UI).
* Fixed a bug that prevented asThoughAs continuous effects correctly change controller (e.g. play lands from library with a controlled Courser of Kruphix owned by opponent did not work).
* Fixed a bug that destroying a commander was not counted as a successful destroy when the commander went to command zone as a player choice instead to graveyard (e.g. important for Phyrexian Rebirth like effects).
* Fixed for Flameshadow Conjuring and Felhide Spiritbinder that the created token did not get haste or the added card type enchantment.
* Fixed handling and initialization of Fixedtarget object. Fixing a problem of ReturnToBattlefieldUnderYourControlTargetEffect that caused objects to return that already left the zone they should be moved from.
* Fixed a bug of the check if two objects share a color were also two colorless objects did return a positive result (e.g. caused Dream Halls to cast Artifacts by discarding lands).
* Fixed that creatures that were forced to attack were also wrongly forced to attack if they had to pay a cost to be able to attack.
* Fixed that mana auto-payment settings were not correctly set from previous settings on game start.
* Fixed exile and return back under owner control handling (e.g. Norin the Wary did not return from command zone when commander replacement effect was used).

* Aerie Mystics - Fixed wrong toughness value.
* Ambush Commander - Fixed that it was animating each player's Forests instead of just your own.
* Animate Dead - Fixed that the target card in graveyard was not handled correct, if the Animate Dead reentered the Battlefield(e.g. with Worldgorger Dragon combo).
* Corpseweft - Fixed that the created token was not black.
* Daxos of Meletis - Fixed that the mana as thought ability did not work. Fixed that a instant could also be cast from other players.
* Delaying Shield - Fixed that always only 1 counter was removed but all had to be paid.
* Dirty Wererat - Fixed the not working regenerate ability.
* Divine Reckoning - Fixed that the permanents to chose were handled targeted.
* Gifts Ungiven - Fixed that the target opponent was wrongly chosen during resolution.
* Gilded Drake - Fixed that the Drake had not to be sacrificed if the control did not happen.
* Grixis Illusionist - Fixed that it was possible to target opponent's lands.
* Golem's Heart - Fixed that the triggered ability did not work.
* Mossbridge Troll - Fixed that the Troll was also regenerated of detroy effect if it was not possible to regenerate.
* Notion Thief - Fixed that the replacment effect was not always applied as intended.
* Obzedat, Ghost Council - Fixed possible null pointer exception.
* Ojutai, Soul of Winter - Fixed that it wrongly only was able to target creature permanents.
* Plea for Power - Fixed the order the players are asked to vote.
* Possibility Storm - Fixed a bug that it was not correctly checked if the player was able to cast modal spells.
* Savage Summoning - Fixed that it did not work to cast a commander from command zone.
* Scourge of Valkas - Fixed triggering on Dragons entering the battlefield under other player's control.
* Zur's Weirding - Fixed that the player hand cards were not revealed.

1.4.1v3 (2015-06-20)
* Fixed a bug that if a human player had to discard more cards than he had on hand, the game UI was blocked.
* Splice on Arcane - Fixed that if a player used an alternate cost to cast the arcane spell (e.g. Nourishing Shoal) splice mana costs were also removed.
* Fixed that abilities of copied permanents (e.g. Phyrexian Metamorph copying Harmonic Sliver) that gain abilities to other permanents were in some situations not correctly applied to that other permanents.
* Kicker - Fixed that kicker did not work correctly if the kicker card did change zone again before kicker dependant ability resolved.
* Fixed a bug that existing continuous effects were not applied before state based effects were checked.
* Fixed that it was not possible to win by commander damage.

* Bioshift - Fixed that always all counters were moved, the remove counter event was not fired and that the two targetes were handled as one target definition.
* Descendants' Path - Fixed that it did not work with Chnagelling or Has all creature types abililities.
* Dulcet Sirens - Added the missing tap cost.
* Harbor Serpent - Fixed that the attack restriction did not work correctly.
* Shifting Sky - Fixed not working color set effect.
* Tectonic Edge - Fixed that the number of lands condition was checked as a sum of all opponents instead of a separate check for each opponent on its own.

1.4.1v2 (2015-06-15)
* Fixed that by some effects that move permanents from battlefield to other zones, the object was not moved and was still on the battlefield but also shown in the target zone.

* Searing Blaze - Fixed that damage was not raised to 3 if the controller played a land before.
* Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Fixed that the flash ability was not applied to commander in command zone.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.1

Postby Baggellah » 14 Jun 2015, 10:51

During a game i was at 29 Life and had a Serra Ascendant blocked by a Snapcaster Mage. In Combat Damage Step Lifelink brought me to 30 Life, but my Serra Ascendant still died, although this should not happen according to the rules.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.1v2
Baggellah

Postby MriLevi » 14 Jun 2015, 11:17

I've been getting a big amount of graphical glitches as of this version. Whenever I resize the main window all the elements only show up if I hover over them with my mouse. In addition, opening a new tournament/new match window has the same thing. Elements of the new opened window only become visible after hovering over them or dragging the window. I am on windows 7 x64, launching through the 0.3.4 launcher. Restarting xmage and the launcher and reconnecting does not seem to fix it.

Here is a video on what the problem is:

youtu . be / EB2iDFtTjMA

as you can see, this version of the client is practically unplayable.

LevelX: Fixed with 1.4.1v1
Last edited by MriLevi on 14 Jun 2015, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
MriLevi

Postby LevelX » 14 Jun 2015, 12:34

I found the reason for the graphical problems and will release 1.4.1v1 as soon as possible.

Version 1.4.1v1 is available now.
It was a problem on the client side.

LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby MriLevi » 14 Jun 2015, 14:27

Hi, as of V1 I have encountered 2 bugs.

Bug 1: I had a forest "stuck" in hand. I had another identical forest in play, and every time I wanted to play my forest from hand, the forest on the battlefield would get tapped, and I was unable to play the forest from my hand.

Bug 2: Forest in play, played a rakdos carnarium from my hand. Tried to boune my forest. Instead, I kept my forest on the battlefield, and got a forest in my hand... Now, whenever I tried to play the "cloned" forest from my hand, it would instead tap the forest on the battlefield.

Edit: It might actually be the same situation, but maybe I didn't take notice the first time.

LevelX: The question is, what card did move the land? There is the problem I have to check. So game log would be helpful or if you remember post the name of the card that created the effect.

Edit2: The card that moved the forest was Rakdos Carnarium. (When Rakdos Carnarium enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.)

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.1v1
Last edited by MriLevi on 14 Jun 2015, 16:31, edited 2 times in total.
MriLevi

Postby Grahf » 14 Jun 2015, 14:38

When i tap urza land, i cant cast expedition map. Mana is in colorless mana pool, but when i cast map, there is still "pay 1 mana" barrier.

LevelX: Did you click on the mana in the mana pool to use it? Because the new option to not automatically use mana that is already in the pool is by default "on".
Grahf

Postby xyz5098 » 14 Jun 2015, 14:46

Played Selesnya Sanctuary, bouncing a Mana Confluence. The Mana Confluence stayed on the battlefield, and a Mana Confluence appeared in my hand.

xyz5098

Postby The0retico » 14 Jun 2015, 15:40

Sleight of Hand leaves the card picker open even after picking the card and moving it to hand. The window cannot be closed and it has focus. The only thing i can do is to click on one of the cards again.

LevelX: Can't reproduce this. Game log can be useful if caused by effects from other cards bit more likely it was a network problem.

Resolution of Storm trigger creates no copies.

LevelX: Can't reproduce this yet.

My opponent put Iona on the battlefield using Unburial Rites, but my game log didn't show me the color he has chosen.

LevelX: Can't reproduce this. Reworked Iona's color choosing.
Last edited by The0retico on 14 Jun 2015, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
The0retico

Postby Rhylax » 14 Jun 2015, 15:42

Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir does not give flash to creatures in the command zone, while it should.

Rhylax

Postby MriLevi » 14 Jun 2015, 16:30

Searing Blaze's landfall doesn't appear to be working. My opponent played a mountain, then played searing blaze targeting my Tasigur, the Golden Fang. It only dealt 1 damage to me, where it should've dealt 3, because my opponent had played a land.

MriLevi

Postby Doctor Weird » 14 Jun 2015, 20:03

I was testing an Avarice Totem deck against the AI and I had used it to gain control of a Serra Ascendant, Soul Warden, and Ajani's Pridemate (with +1/+1 counters on it) so far. I pass the turn to the AI and during its main phase 1 it activates a Martyr of Sands ability, reveals a Proclamation of Rebirth from its hand to gain 3 life and as the Martyr's ability shows on the stack, for no apparent reason, all the creatures I had gained control of switch back to the AI's side of the table.

Another semi-related bug I found at the same time: I tried to roll back to the start of that turn to see if it would happen again and instead of placing the 3 creatures back on my side they stayed on the AI's side (even though I had control of them at the start of that turn) and my Avarice Totem that was currently under the AI's control switched back to my side, leading me to believe that the roll back feature has trouble with the concept of "owned" and "controlled" permanents when rolling back.

Also, after this I tried rolling back even further to the start of the turn before that (my turn), I did my turn, and after I passed to what should now be the AI's turn it started a new turn for me, as if I had somehow gained an extra turn.

Here's the chat log, for easier illustration of what I mean (notice both turn 17 and 18 are mine even though neither deck even contains any cards that gives extra turns and turn 18 belonged to the AI before the roll back):

Chat Log | Open
20:30: Turn 18 Computer (22 - 39)
20:30: Player request: Rolling back to start of turn 17
20:30: Turn 17 DoctorWeird (22 - 48)
20:30: Ability triggers: Myr Servitor [149] - At the beginning of your upkeep, if Myr Servitor [149] is on the battlefield, each player returns all cards named Myr Servitor from his or her graveyard to the battlefield
20:31: DoctorWeird draws a card
20:31: DoctorWeird plays Urza's Tower [c6f]
20:31: DoctorWeird casts Avarice Totem [d1d]
20:31: DoctorWeird activates: Exchange control of Avarice Totem [d1d] and target nonland permanent. from Avarice Totem [d1d] targeting Ajani's Pridemate [98f]
20:32: DoctorWeird attacks with 0 creatures
20:32: Turn 18 DoctorWeird (22 - 48)
20:32: Ability triggers: Myr Servitor [149] - At the beginning of your upkeep, if Myr Servitor [149] is on the battlefield, each player returns all cards named Myr Servitor from his or her graveyard to the battlefield
20:33: DoctorWeird draws a card
20:33: DoctorWeird attacks with 0 creatures
20:33: Turn 19 Computer (22 - 48)

It doesn't seem like localhost games against the AI save any logs (at least that I have found) but I attached a screenshot of the table as it was after the events of the spoiler above, in case it helps in any way reproducing the problem(s).
Attachments
AvariceTotem.PNG
Doctor Weird

Postby warum » 14 Jun 2015, 20:07

MriLevi wrote:I've been getting a big amount of graphical glitches as of this version. Whenever I resize the main window all the elements only show up if I hover over them with my mouse. In addition, opening a new tournament/new match window has the same thing. Elements of the new opened window only become visible after hovering over them or dragging the window. I am on windows 7 x64, launching through the 0.3.4 launcher. Restarting xmage and the launcher and reconnecting does not seem to fix it.

Here is a video on what the problem is:

youtu . be / EB2iDFtTjMA

as you can see, this version of the client is practically unplayable.

LevelX: Fixed with 1.4.1
I just got this graphical glitch on 1.4.1 for the first time. Exactly the same as what happened to me a bunch on 1.4.0 starting yesterday.

LevelX: It was really 1.4.1v1 and not 1.4.1v0?
warum

Postby Kanatex » 14 Jun 2015, 20:10

In a game of commander 4 way FFA, I dealt 21 commander damage with Shu Yun (5 on one turn, 16 on the next due to 8 power double strike) while equipped with batterskull. However, the player did not lose taking 21 commander damage (see image at http://imgur.com/Lvetwrd.jpg, I'm new user so can't post image).

LevelX: Fixed with 1.4.1v3.
Kanatex

Postby Ockham » 14 Jun 2015, 20:45

I am playing against the AI. With a Stampeding Wildebeests in play, whatever I target for their bounce effect just creates a duplicate of the card and puts that in my hand. I can neither discard or play it from my hand. Even when an effect requires me too. The card that remains in play can be retargeted during a following round and it satisfies the bounce effect, but it does not create another copy.

If I do draw another card of the same type it can be cast from my hand as normal. The "bounced copy" still stays in my hand though.

This is 1.4.1v1
I have the gamelog if you need it. I wasn't sure how to post the html here.

LevelX: Fixed with 1.4.1v2

Also the launcher no longer launches the server or client. I have to run the .bat myself.
Ockham

Postby Grahf » 14 Jun 2015, 21:21

Grahf wrote:When i tap urza land, i cant cast expedition map. Mana is in colorless mana pool, but when i cast map, there is still "pay 1 mana" barrier.

LevelX: Did you click on the mana in the mana pool to use it? Becuase the new option to not automatically use mana that is already in the pool is by default "on".
When i turn off that option (in-match right click), its only temporarily. Next match (or restart xmage?) that option is off, but i still must use mana manually, so i must turn it on/off once again. Is there permanent solution?

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.1v3
Grahf

Next

Return to XMage