It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:15

Text Size

Error Reading Config, Settings Checked before Posting

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Error Reading Config, Settings Checked before Posting

Postby sonicattack » 25 Aug 2015, 12:22

Hey there!

Attempting to install Xmage onto a friend's computer. Have been working on this for a few hours now to no avail. Here's what I've learned.

His computer didn't have a Java Runtime Environment so I installed and verified that, as well as the regular Java. Both are up to date.
A previous posted suggested to try and run from the BAT or SH instead of the launcher. This left a weird "Mage" logo on the screen and crashed the PC otherwise, had to reboot.
There is only one user account on this PC so everything should be being performed as Administrator.
I've tried to execute the JAR from the downloads folder as well as moving it to a new folder. Attached are the images. I'm getting the classic "error reading config" message and the settings were checked that xmage was pointing to the proper site. Unfortunately I can't even get into the client and the JAR is not creating the folder like it did on my own PC. As a result, I've hit an impassable wall.

See attached image and error log - for most recent attempt.
Attachments
xmage_launcher.log
launcher error log
(4.68 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
error reading config settings.png
error reading config settings confirm
sonicattack

Re: Error Reading Config, Settings Checked before Posting

Postby LevelX » 25 Aug 2015, 15:04

Looks like the java process can't access to the xmage server.

First possible reason is that the "Java(TM) Platform SE binary" isn't added to the firewall as process that is allowed to pass the firewall.

Normally on first attempt of the process there is shown a window to the user to add the process to the firewall rules.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage