It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:24

Text Size

Can not open Xmage

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Can not open Xmage

Postby Shook » 21 May 2016, 09:43

I have tried all the posts on this forum and Reddit to fix this issue with no luck.

I downloaded the jar file. Java is up to date and I have confirmed this several times. The jar file is showing up as a Java symbol with the name XMageLauncher-0.3.8

When I click on this file, nothing happens at all. I am using Windows 10.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Shook

Re: Can not open Xmage

Postby Doctor Weird » 21 May 2016, 16:20

All the posts? Even the ones on the "Guide to install and play XMage" at the top of the forum too?

Anyway, open a command line window (click the Start button, type "cmd" and then right-click it and run as administrator), navigate to the folder where you installed XMage (by typing "CD C:\something\something" where "something" is whatever path leads to where your XMage is), and once there use this command:

Code: Select all
java -jar XMageLauncher-0.3.8.jar
It will either open the launcher or spit out an error. If it's the latter post that here.
Doctor Weird

Postby Shook » 28 May 2016, 04:37

Nothing has worked. I installed Xmage and can play fine on my laptop. When I click on the icon on my pc though, nothing. This is beyond frustrating.
Shook

Postby Doctor Weird » 28 May 2016, 04:51

Shook wrote:Nothing has worked. I installed Xmage and can play fine on my laptop. When I click on the icon on my pc though, nothing. This is beyond frustrating.
What happened when you tried launching it through the command line?
Doctor Weird

Return to XMage