It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:42

Text Size

Fresh Install - Symbols Not Loading/Art Failing to Download

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Fresh Install - Symbols Not Loading/Art Failing to Download

Postby Mikujin » 13 Jul 2016, 08:25

Recently had some issues with xmage (it wasn't properly loading some art assets, fail to recall specifics) so I decided to do a fresh install in order to clean things up, since some old and bad spoiler art was still active for a number of cards.

Removed xmage, uninstalled Java, removed the RegKeys for Java/xmage (since it's the only thing I use Java for), and went back to updating. Currently on Java 1.8 (build 1.8.0_91) after the update; reacquired the xmage launcher and put things in similar directory locations (not the same old directory, for whatever it's worth).

However, xmage fails to actually load any image files from the install directory - and in fact whatever symbols it acquired all seem to be broken or otherwise unusable. Here's a bunch of launcher console images to hopefully suss out any errors, and caps of other screens that may or may not be relevant to sorting out the issue:
symbol load error.JPG
Symbols
symbol absence sucks.JPG
Broken Symbols
broken symbols.JPG
Symbol Thumbnails - All load as broken gifs
card dl error.JPG
Card Download Error
time out error.JPG
Card Download Timeout Error

Edit: For repetition's sake, I deleted the contents of the image folder (frames were apparently the only non-broken images I had) and started fresh. Symbols inexplicably downloaded and loaded properly this time. Card images still failing to connect and/or failing to find images.
Mikujin

Re: Fresh Install - Symbols Not Loading/Art Failing to Downl

Postby JeffHoogland » 17 Jul 2016, 05:56

I'm also having some trouble getting all the latest card images to download. Tried every one of the mirrors listed, but still have almost 6k~ images that aren't sync'd. All of standard downloaded at least.
JeffHoogland

Postby Mikujin » 17 Jul 2016, 08:20

JeffHoogland wrote:I'm also having some trouble getting all the latest card images to download. Tried every one of the mirrors listed, but still have almost 6k~ images that aren't sync'd. All of standard downloaded at least.
I'm now in a similar position - with 6400 missing images - that fail to download. There's no consistency in which sets (e.g. missing stuff from Antiquities to Commander sets to duel decks to Dragons of Tarkir) are missing their artwork, and all of the mirrors now just timeout/fail to connect when trying to update these ones.
Mikujin

Postby LevelX » 24 Jul 2016, 11:26

Mikujin wrote:I'm now in a similar position - with 6400 missing images
Did you change the default language for images?
Because 6400 is about the number not available in English.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage