It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:27

Text Size

Error reading Config - IPv6 vs IPv4

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Error reading Config - IPv6 vs IPv4

Postby Averagesizeman » 25 Jul 2016, 06:16

I Realize this seems to be a common problem, but I promise you I searched high and low for the answer and couldn't find the right answer.

whenever i open the launcher I get the message:
Screenshot (4).png
error message

here are my settings
Screenshot (5).png
settings

Iv tried several different xmage home address but nothing changed, Java is allowed through my firewall, in fact i even turned it off briefly to see if that changed anything but it did not. If anyone can walk me thought a fix i would be very appreciative.

edit: my launcher is version 0.3.8 is that an issue? (don't think its this anymore)
Edit 2: so messing around I found i can open the client by opening "Startmage" from the 1.4.13 zip file. I cannot "find" a server but if I enter the name itself i can connect to xmage.de and play, however the GUI is very buggy. I cant download the images or symbols as i get an error. it seems to me somethings stoping the client from fetching file/communicating outside the file. could be why i cant open the game via the launcher. Still no Fix any help is still appreciated

Edit 3: Success!! I tried to submit the fix but apparently the code is to spammy... basically java wants to use IPv6 to launch which is bad.you have to use command prompt to set prefer Ipv4 to true and it'll work. google around and you'll find the code.
Averagesizeman

Re: Error reading Config

Postby escplan9 » 25 Jul 2016, 15:14

glad to hear you found how to resolve the issue for yourself!
escplan9

Return to XMage