It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:19

Text Size

no images

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

no images

Postby Limper » 10 Aug 2016, 15:27

Hi,

I recently downloaded xMage and wanted to check it, however I am unable to download some of card images, not ~ 50 or so like some of people but whole sets are missing. It seems to be random, some sets I miss are 10th edition, origins, shadowmoor. Card symbols downloaded perfectly fine and rest of sets are OK as well, just some did not download. I have tried downloading them multiple times from all 4 sources. What can I do to have missing sets downloaded?
Thanks.
Limper

Re: no images

Postby Doctor Weird » 10 Aug 2016, 20:14

A lot of people have been having problems with getting all the card images recently, the main reason is that magiccards.info has started throttling the downloads from its website, probably due to the increased amount of load they have been getting.

It seems the next XMage version will add an option to minimize the issue at the cost of getting the images at a slower rate. They're also looking into adding another image source to the current ones.

In the meantime, if you want, you could try getting the images from the torrent a user of the XMage subreddit has made available on their sidebar and drop them manually on your images folder.

Dropbox link to the torrent file

I hear they're not the highest quality but it's still better than playing with no images at all, at least until the next version comes out.
Doctor Weird

Postby LevelX » 11 Aug 2016, 14:46

Doctor Weird wrote:It seems the next XMage version will add an option to minimize the issue at the cost of getting the images at a slower rate. They're also looking into adding another image source to the current ones.
That option is already added to the Preferences/images
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Doctor Weird » 11 Aug 2016, 16:16

LevelX wrote:That option is already added to the Preferences/images
So it is. I hadn't really noticed it since I already have my images and haven't really needed to fiddle with any of that.

The option could probably use with having a hover text telling what it's for as some others do, because as it is I can imagine a lot of users won't realize what that value does.

@OP: maybe try downloading from magiccards.info again but set your number of threads to a lower value, maybe even 1, under Preferences>Images. It will make the download slower but hopefully the images actually come through this time.
Doctor Weird

Postby Dynamo345 » 25 Aug 2016, 23:28

well for me

its not that I can't download images.

its more like, I donwloaded the images and have ben put in the file but yet no image is showing on the gameplay board. This only happens with the tokens.
Dynamo345

Postby Doctor Weird » 26 Aug 2016, 00:34

Dynamo345 wrote:I donwloaded the images and have ben put in the file but yet no image is showing on the gameplay board. This only happens with the tokens.
LevelX wrote:Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
* Fixed that token images were not loaded.
Doctor Weird

Return to XMage