It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:16

Text Size

Linux Server only stuck on "Loading Cards..."

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Linux Server only stuck on "Loading Cards..."

Postby Cooken Monster » 27 Sep 2016, 16:24

I was trying to load up the XMage server on my VPS so my friends and I could all play on the same server. I couldn't quite figure out how to get the xmage directory on the Ubuntu console, so I just copied the one I had on Windows to the VPS. The VPS has Java 7 installed. When I run startServer.sh with full privileges, it gets through "Starting MAGE server version 1.4.15v5" and "Logging level: INFO", but then it stops on "Loading cards...". I let it sit overnight and it hadn't progressed. I had downloaded the cards on Windows so they should be in the .db files. Am I missing something? Or is my VPS just so insanely slow?

Thanks.
Cooken Monster

Re: Linux Server only stuck on "Loading Cards..."

Postby LevelX » 29 Sep 2016, 08:44

No the card loading cards does not need such a long time. More around 20-30 seconds.
Better use the most up to date Java 8 version.

Check the xmage server log file, and read (and post it here) the error message shown in the log if any.

You checked this:
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=15898
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Linux Server only stuck on "Loading Cards..."

Postby Rico Mittelholzer » 01 Oct 2016, 21:40

Cooken Monster wrote:I was trying to load up the XMage server on my VPS so my friends and I could all play on the same server. I couldn't quite figure out how to get the xmage directory on the Ubuntu console, so I just copied the one I had on Windows to the VPS. The VPS has Java 7 installed. When I run startServer.sh with full privileges, it gets through "Starting MAGE server version 1.4.15v5" and "Logging level: INFO", but then it stops on "Loading cards...". I let it sit overnight and it hadn't progressed. I had downloaded the cards on Windows so they should be in the .db files. Am I missing something? Or is my VPS just so insanely slow?

Thanks.
Hi cooken. did you finally got the vserver running?
regards RIco
Rico Mittelholzer

Return to XMage