It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:56

Text Size

New Deck Editor - Improvement Requests

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

New Deck Editor - Improvement Requests

Postby LevelX » 08 Oct 2016, 17:31

We know it's not perfect yet, but the basic functions are a good base.

Please post improvement requests here.
Also any other comments concerning the new deck editor.

Github Issue:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/2407
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: New Deck Edior - Improvment Requests

Postby Fieldsweeper » 08 Oct 2016, 17:38

EW i just looked at it, get the fuck rid of the changes. holy shit, it was perfectly fine before, why do I need to star at a bunch of (XXBRRRBBBSXXXXXXJKSHJHSHF) as the mana cost? the old way was SO much easier and recognizable.
Fieldsweeper

Postby Poit » 08 Oct 2016, 17:49

Hey, great to see that there is active work on the deck editor. For now, implementing the list view and the ability to change the number of cards in the deck should be enough. Keep up the great work!
Poit

Postby warum » 08 Oct 2016, 20:49

Fieldsweeper wrote:EW i just looked at it, get the fuck rid of the changes. holy shit, it was perfectly fine before, why do I need to star at a bunch of (XXBRRRBBBSXXXXXXJKSHJHSHF) as the mana cost? the old way was SO much easier and recognizable.
Download symbols.
warum

Postby cheddarsuave » 08 Oct 2016, 22:18

A couple improvements/suggestions:

1) I can't seem to be able to zoom in on individual cards using my mouse wheel anymore. I can't imagine this was intentional. Please bring this functionality back?
2) Not sure why the stats boxes for # of instants, sorceries, enchantments, etc. were removed. These are really relevant stats for a lot of decks (Delerium decks in SOI draft, etc). Please bring these back? (I realize these were removed in a previous version).
3) Please change the sideboard area to go beneath the main deck area again rather than on the right side. Trying to review saved sealed decks (for example) with everything on the right is painful. At least give us the option. (Again, I realize this was changed in a previous version)

Other than that, I love the new sort and click & drag options, esp. being able to separate creatures from spells. Overall an improvement from the last update.
cheddarsuave

Postby reverendvile » 09 Oct 2016, 02:14

Allow us to freely drag cards + make custom piles!
reverendvile

Postby Patro » 09 Oct 2016, 06:41

Hi guys!
Could you bring back the deck list editor, or at least make avaliable for whom want to use it?
Anyway, nice job and thanks for the game!
Patro

Postby Thorkel » 09 Oct 2016, 09:54

Would be nice to have a "card count" option like before. So i dont have to search a card, thats already in a deck, if i want to add more copies of that card...
Thorkel

Missing - Table view for Deck Editor

Postby MCrombach » 09 Oct 2016, 10:48

Good Morning, Day,

I have only one little question, maybe I'm too stupid :-)
I updated in the morning to version 1.4.16v2 and now I
miss the table view in the deck editor function (windows).
I can't find a button or function to switch to another view.

In the database view at the top, where all cards are displayed,
the buttons for table and card view are available, but it's
not related to the lower (Deck list).

To change to size of the cards by using the level switch on
the right corner of the deck list view, is also not productive.
It change only the size and not to the table view with card
details like name / costs / ....

Thanks Marcus
MCrombach

Postby MCrombach » 09 Oct 2016, 13:57

At first, much thanks for the really good application. Thanks a lot. Can anybody explain why the deck editor lost the functions mentioned on top. Card amount and the table view? What happened and why?

And another question. Is it possible to go back to the older version? Fallback? Because I most often play only local matches against the computer. I need not really the current version for online gaming and more interested in the prober Deck builder table view! Has anyone a idea, how I can fall back to the version before? And sorry for my English is not my native language.

Once again thanks a lot for the hard work to provide such a cool, flexible and perfect working application for free!!

LevelX: It's complicated to create a deck editor with multiple modes. So the developer said he first creates the new drag and drop mode. And later only if a lot of people miss the old table mode, he will probably reimplement it.
You can go back using the launcher by changing the XMage Home in the launcher setting. Set it to http://xmage/xmage1.4.15v5 then click the update button to go back to the last version before the deck editor changes.
MCrombach

Postby MCrombach » 09 Oct 2016, 23:33

@LevelX: Much thanks for your fast answer. I tried today the functions of the new deck builder (drag and drop) and it works well, sure. I'm happy to hear, that the old table view will came back in future. And also much thanks to provide me the solution for the rollback. THANKS Marcus.
MCrombach

Re: New Deck Editor - Improvement Requests

Postby Nobbs » 10 Oct 2016, 12:56

How on earth do I change card quantities in the new deck editor? Before, I could add a forest and then change the number of that forest art to whatever I wanted. Now, it's strikingly difficult to make decks. Like, I really can't believe how much harder the new interface makes it everything.

Also, +1 for missing the boxes that state how many artifacts, instants, etc. are in the deck.
Nobbs

Postby urabus » 11 Oct 2016, 18:35

I'm a big fan of the drag and drop feature - it makes editing for limited/sealed MUCH better. Only problem is that for constructed I really want the table view again. Here's my list of suggestions:

1) Re-implement table view even if only for constructed deck building.

2) Re-implement instant/sorcery/enchantment/artifact count in deck viewer.

3) Re-implement an easy way to change card count either from the browser with a ctrl+click or other hotkey+click.

4) Implement some form of CMC count similar to how other deck editors show total # of mana symbols as well as a quick analysis on mana that can be produced from lands only. I'm just referencing tappedout here because it's where I stored decks before xmage.

5) I'm finding the tooltip to get in the way of removing cards in sideboard unless I make the sideboard way larger than I want it to be such that the tooltip doesnt pop up and block the card image.
urabus

Postby cheddarsuave » 13 Oct 2016, 22:43

+1 for bringing the table view back.

Also, it would be great if the various window sizes did not reset every time I re-open the program, but rather defaulted to the last used setting. It's annoying to have to re-position the windows at the start of each session.

Thanks!
cheddarsuave

Postby MadMax » 18 Oct 2016, 19:28

Hello all,

I just have two quick questions concerning the deck editor. I noticed that some cards (for example "morality shift") cannot be found there. Is there any special reason for that? And, if not, could you guys please fix it?

Cheers, Max

Fireshoes: Each card has to be programmed individually and not all cards have been completed. Our focus is mainly keeping up with standard and other new sets and getting older cards as time permits. There is a card request thread for people to ask for specific cards, but it no guarantee.
MadMax

Next

Return to XMage