It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:28

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.17 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.17 SOFTWARE

Postby LevelX » 23 Oct 2016, 07:55

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.17 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. Please report those card requests here:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19067

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
* Fixed text for numbers > 1 of PutTokenOntoBattlefiedEffect (e.g. Daretti, Ingenious Iconlast).
* Fixed a problem that the enlarged card view could stay open after a game or draft were finished.
* Fixed a game locking problem with the day/night button of transformable cards.
* Fixed a problem with the Wish cards of Judgement set where spell copies are wrongly exiled with the original spell.
* Fixed a problem with activated spells that could not be used but were used by AI and available mana calculation.
Fixed a problem that AI did not always select the needed mana color.
* Flagbearer creatures - Fixed a bug that game could be locked if a spell could only target your own creatures

* Augur of Bolas - Fixed that the revealed cards were not moved to the bottom of the library if no instant/sorcery was included.
* Bane of Bala Ged - Fixed that the permanents were not correctly exiled.
* Cursed Rack - Fixed that the hand size modification was applied to the controller of the cursed rack instead of the chosen opponent.
* Ephara, God of the Polis - Fixed its watcher not able to handle copies of it correctly.
* Jace's Mindseeker - Fixed that no instant or sorcery could be cast from graveyard.
* Lambholt Butcher - Fix a bug that it did not transform back.
* Maralen of the Mornsong - Fixed the bugged card moving to hand.
* Mistbind Clique - Fixed that the tap ability was wrongly triggered as Mistbind Clique left the battlefield.
* Reflecting Pool - Fixed a problem that it did not take triggered mana abilities into account.
* Siren's Call - Fixed that it was also applied to non creature premanents.
* The Gitrog Monster - Fixed that it could only be sacrificed if it's still on the battlefield.

[Star Wars custom set]
* Fixed Outer Rim Slaver P/T from 2/2 to 3/3.
* Lightsaber - Added missing subtype.
* Yoda, Jedi Master - Fixed a problem with the +1 ability.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.17 SOFTWARE

Postby Baum » 23 Oct 2016, 19:15

Just a minor thing:
The tooltip on Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast is wrong. The -6 says "Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target artifact card in a graveyard or artifact on the battefield". It should be "Choose target artifact in a graveyard or artifact on the battlefield. Put THREE tokens that are copys of it onto the battlefield."

It works correctly though and puts three (not just one) copies into play. Might be confusing to players who don't know the correct wording.

Level: Fixed beyond 1.4.17V0
Baum

Postby NotNotNot » 25 Oct 2016, 21:54

The Gitrog Monster upkeep trigger goes on the stack. Opponent cats Engulf the Shore before I even choose to sacrifice a land, it resolves and the text says Gitrog is returned to my hand then after that the text says I sacrifice Gitrog. Gitrog is sacrificed from my hand.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.17v0
NotNotNot

Tamiyo Rollback bug.

Postby DjRaven01 » 26 Oct 2016, 18:13

Playing an unrated match against Human player thricegreatest.

He played a tamiyo and did her tap effect to a glint nest crow on my field. He asked for a rollback to the beginning of the turn. From that point He was able to play through turn after turn skipping my ability to play any cards. The engine continued to draw cards for me but did not ask me to discard any. I was not given any options to do anything. The way he played the turn sequence so fast indicates he is fully aware of the bug and is using it to pad his record.

Thank you
DJ
DjRaven01

Postby jkirby8808 » 26 Oct 2016, 22:10

when trying to login a localhost server, you receive a message that reads:
Wrong client version 1.4.17V0, expecting version 1.4.15v5.

LevelX: Restart your system and try again. Sounds like the local server from an old version was still active.
jkirby8808

Jace's Mindseeker Bug

Postby chataolauj » 27 Oct 2016, 20:24

Jace's Mindseeker trigger ability is not working properly. It doesn't allow me to cast an instant or sorcery if there is one among the 5 cards put into the graveyard. I think the problem is that when the cards are put into the graveyard, the cards can't be cast anymore. What if the cards are revealed first before they are put into the graveyard? That doesn't follow the sequence on the card, but it might solve the bug.

chataolauj

Postby Dynamo345 » 27 Oct 2016, 23:29

guys this is like the 4th time this has happened.

its the "card could not be found get latest version" serious you guys need to fix that one.
Dynamo345

Re: Tamiyo Rollback bug.

Postby fireshoes » 28 Oct 2016, 01:24

DjRaven01 wrote:Playing an unrated match against Human player thricegreatest.

He played a tamiyo and did her tap effect to a glint nest crow on my field. He asked for a rollback to the beginning of the turn. From that point He was able to play through turn after turn skipping my ability to play any cards. The engine continued to draw cards for me but did not ask me to discard any. I was not given any options to do anything. The way he played the turn sequence so fast indicates he is fully aware of the bug and is using it to pad his record.

Thank you
DJ
I also had a similar experience, but against another user. I think it is just a bug occurring with the rollback.

Edit: Had this skipping of one player's priority occur again. This time there had not been a rollback, it just started going through all of my opponent's phases. We tried rolling back a couple times, but it just kept going. Maybe instead of a rollback issue, it is a problem with the shortcut keys.
fireshoes

Postby Tripp Durden » 29 Oct 2016, 16:25

Since updating my Xmage software, I haven't been able to see open games or join them. I can still host games and I can still see games in progress. I just can't see open games or join them. Any idea what the problem is?

LevelX: Maybe you accidently switched the filter button to show open tables (the first button right of the New Tourney button).
Tripp Durden

Postby Bobbington11 » 30 Oct 2016, 20:46

There is an issue with the Acklay of the Arena, when I make it monstrous and it fights a flier (Demon of Wailing Agonies)a java error pops up, the java error is below.
java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)
java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429)
mage.abilities.effects.common.FightTargetsEffect.apply(FightTargetsEffect.java:63)
mage.abilities.AbilityImpl.resolve(AbilityImpl.java:197)
mage.abilities.TriggeredAbilityImpl.resolve(TriggeredAbilityImpl.java:100)
mage.game.stack.StackAbility.resolve(StackAbility.java:107)
mage.game.GameImpl.resolve(GameImpl.java:1367)
mage.game.GameImpl.playPriority(GameImpl.java:1318)
mage.game.turn.Step.priority(Step.java:87)
mage.game.turn.Phase.playStep(Phase.java:210)
mage.game.turn.Phase.play(Phase.java:115)
mage.game.turn.Turn.play(Turn.java:152)
mage.game.GameImpl.playTurn(GameImpl.java:851)
mage.game.GameImpl.play(GameImpl.java:765)
mage.game.GameImpl.start(GameImpl.java:732)
mage.server.game.GameWorker.call(GameWorker.java:60)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Bobbington11

Re: Tamiyo Rollback bug.

Postby makz » 30 Oct 2016, 22:45

fireshoes wrote:
DjRaven01 wrote:Playing an unrated match against Human player thricegreatest.

Thank you
DJ
I also had a similar experience, but against another user. I think it is just a bug occurring with the rollback.

Edit: Had this skipping of one player's priority occur again. This time there had not been a rollback, it just started going through all of my opponent's phases. We tried rolling back a couple times, but it just kept going. Maybe instead of a rollback issue, it is a problem with the shortcut keys.
Happens to me multiple times today, as well. 3 out of 3 rollbacks were bugged. It looks like the turn of a player is skipped like a fast forward. I also think, it's maybe a bug in combination of rollback and skip buttons.
makz

Postby RivenSkull » 31 Oct 2016, 00:07

Problem with lands being able to activate abilities with Linvala, Keeper of Silence while they were creatures due to Living Plane. I was playing an AI where it was able to activate lands for mana to sacrifice clue artifacts.

Linvala Not Working.JPG

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.17V0
RivenSkull

Postby chrizzilla » 31 Oct 2016, 01:10

Playing a Commander FFA game, an opponent played Gaea's Herald, which makes creatures uncounterable, but then left the game. Later, my opponent cast Mob Rule and Gaia's Herald went over to his side. Then he cast Young Pyromancer and I attempted to counter it with Mystic Snake, but could not, because Gaia's Herald was still on the battlefield.

Oh, and I'd upload a game log of it, but your forums gave me this error: "The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector."

LevelX: So the Gaea's Herald creature stayed on the battlefield after the owner left the game? That shouldn't happen, so the question is, how exactly did the owner leave the game. Can you describe that more in detail?
Because normally all cards/permanents are removed from the game as soon as a player lefts the game.
chrizzilla

Postby croikle » 31 Oct 2016, 06:08

Scenario: Cast Cunning Wish or Burning Wish, holding priority. Copy the spell with Fork or Split Decision. When the copy resolves, the original spell also disappears from the stack.

This may be related to the wishes exiling themselves during resolution, but I tried some similar spells and it doesn't occur in every such case: Death Wish, Eldritch Evolution, and All Suns' Dawn appear to be handled correctly.

[edit] Peeking at the source code, it looks like Living Wish and Golden Wish will need to be fixed in the same way.

croikle

Postby DiMiaN » 31 Oct 2016, 07:24

Against AI: Spell "Control target player" doesn't seem to work. I could see AI's hand but AI plays cards and goes through steps.
DiMiaN

Next

Return to XMage