It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:37

Text Size

"Can not find a free port to use" Error

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

"Can not find a free port to use" Error

Postby shivatrance » 31 Oct 2016, 20:10

Hi. I have researched this issue to death but I cannot find an answer.
First before it's suggested, there is no running firewall right now either on my computer or on my router. Everything at the moment is wide open while I was diagnosing this issue. There is also no Antivirus program or Internet Security suite of any kind installed.
Because I know from my reading that these will be the majority of the suggestions I will receive.
I have done nothing to my computer or the program. Everything was working fine last night and then now I go to sign on to xmage and this is the error I get. Can not find a free port to use.
Is this a known issue? Also how have you been able to fix it in the past? I have a Mac btw.
Please any help you can give would be really appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
shivatrance

Re: "Can not find a free port to use" Error

Postby fireshoes » 01 Nov 2016, 00:38

I've had this occur before when there was a change in my internet connection (using cell phone tethering instead of normal router), so maybe try to reboot the computer and modem/router.
fireshoes

Re: "Can not find a free port to use" Error

Postby shivatrance » 01 Nov 2016, 01:45

fireshoes wrote:I've had this occur before when there was a change in my internet connection (using cell phone tethering instead of normal router), so maybe try to reboot the computer and modem/router.
Yeah I have tried restarting the computer twice. I will try fully rebooting the router and modem tonight and see how that works. Thanks!
shivatrance

Return to XMage