It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:05

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.19 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.19 SOFTWARE

Postby LevelX » 27 Nov 2016, 17:42

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.19 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. Please report those card requests here:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19067

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

XMage 1.4.20V0 (2017-01-08)
* Added logic to remove control effects that refer to permanents of a player that leaves the game.
* Fixed that selecting no target players let fizzle the spell (e.g. Wheel and Deal).
* Fixed a problem that selecting cards in hand or libraray could unintended trigger "becomes the target of a spell or ability" abilities.
* Fixed a problem that Dwarven Recruiter, Goblin Recruiter or Scouting Trek searched for the wrong subtype.
* Fixed that special actions (e.g. delve mana payment) were handled correctly if a player plays a turn for another player.
* Fixed a problem that Emblems created by permanents where its owner left the game caused errors in clients. Some handling cganges of emblems.
* Fixed a problem of AI target handling (e.g. for Precursor Golem)

* Debt to the Deathless - Fixed that it wrongly did damage to opponents instead of life loss.
* Eye of the Storm - Fixed possible endless loop.
* Gilded Drake - Fixed possible null pointer exception.
* Hardened Scales - Fixed that the counter was only added if at least one counter was added originally.
* Manifold Insights - Fixed possible endless loop.
* Marionette Master and Mortis Dogs, fixed that power below 0 caused life gain.
* Pia's Revolution - Fixed that it wrongly triggered for artifacts from other players.
* Recuperate - Fixed that now gains life for the spell controller works as it should.
* Sacred Ground - Fixed that the Sacred Ground effect did also move the land if it was removed from graveyard since the ability triggered.
* Tel-Jilad Wolf - Fixed that the ability triggered for all creatures not only artifact creatures (fixed #2738).
* Trasios, Triton Hero - Fixed that ability was not correctly putting reveled lands into play tapped.
* Uncle Istvan - Fixed a bug that all damage instead of only damage from creatures was prevented.
* Wild Pair - Fixed that it also triggered for creatures cast from opponents.
* Wrexial, the Risen Deep - Fixed a problem that prevented selecting the card from graveyard.

Starwars:
* Fulfill Contract - Fixed that the spell created an error.
* Show of Dominance - Fixed a bug that toughness instead of power was used to select creature.

XMage 1.4.19V1 (2016-12-17)
* Some fixes to the Monarch designation.
* Fixed start date of some constructed formats (e.g. Frontier missing M15) for deck editor.

* Clear Shot - Fixed damage calculation.
* Dance of the Dead - Fixed possible error while retrieving controlling player of enchanted permanent.
* Ephara, God of the Polis - Fixed that the draw effect was applied to the active player.
* Evolutionary Escalation - Fixed that it was allowed to put all counters on own creatures.
* Extractor Demon - Fixed triggered ability to trigger correctly for leaving battlefield instead of dying.
* Eye of the Storm - removed the check that the spell has to be cast from the hand zone.
* Jaddi Lifestrider - Fixed that it was not possible to tap 0 creatures.
* Obzedat, Ghost Council & Séance - Fixed problems that the effects did nor work correctly if the move to exile was replaced (e.g. when a commander goes to command zone instead).
* Orzhov Advokist - Fixed that the attack preventing effect did not work correctly.
* Protector of the Crown - Added missing Soldier subtype.
* Reflecting Pool - Fixed that mana from dynamic mana abilities were not taken into account (e.g. Gaea's Cradle or Serra's Sanctum).
* Saskia the Unyielding - Fixed that the damage source of the triggered ability was not the combat damage causing creature.
* Sword of War and Peace - Fixed possible target bug.
* Voyager Staff - Fixed that the exiled creature did return under Voyager Staff's controller instead correctly under its owner control.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.19 SOFTWARE

Postby croikle » 27 Nov 2016, 22:50

Trinisphere interacts incorrectly with Phyrexian mana. As implemented, Gitaxian Probe gets a required cost of {2}{UP}, which allows paying 2 life and only 2 mana. This is incorrect: Trinisphere requires that at least 3 mana be paid, and payment through life doesn't count. (Source: http://blogs.magicjudges.org/rulestips/ ... xian-mana/)

Duplicate of https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/1617, but a little more info.
croikle

Postby Xartah » 27 Nov 2016, 23:48

Not sure if this is part of the fixes for this version, didn't really see anything related to it in the patch notes. It happened yesterday with version 1.4.18.

One player attacked with Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder and dealt combat damage to another player, triggering the cascade on next spell effect of Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder. The player then cast Sepulchral Primordial and cascade triggered. The spell cascade cast was Animate Dead. He animated a Soul's Attendant and then the primordial resolved. The only effect that triggered was the life gain from soul's attendant. The primordial's effect of putting creatures in play from other player's graveyards never triggered.

Have a picture of the log on http://imgur.com/a/fhggI

Sorry if it has already been fixed, hard to replicate in normal play. Too spammy #-o

LevelX: And you're sure, there were creatures in the graveyards of the opponent(s)?

Regarding the Sepulchral Primordial cascading Animate Dead which ended with the primordial not triggering when it entered the battlefield you asked if there were creatures in opponent graveyards. Can't remember exactly what was in each graveyard but I do remember that I was surprised he chose to animate dead my soul's attendant rather than one of the bigger creatures in my graveyard. If I remember correctly one player had at least an inferno titan in his graveyard. We were also all really surprised it didn't work since it would have been such a powerful play.

LevelX: I checked the card and it should work as far as I can see and tested it. I guess, probably the player that casted Sepulchral Primordial has pushed accidently the "Done" button instead of selecting the target(s) in graveyard, because the targets are optional.
Xartah

Postby Will » 28 Nov 2016, 03:46

Error: Could not find or load main class mage.client.MageFrame
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=384m; support was removed in 8.0

Wondering what to do about this message. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

LevelX: The Message: "Error: Could not find or load main class mage.client.MageFrame" means that on your system jar files are not started correctly. They are started withiut using the "-jar" option. However you can start the launcher manually:

1) Open a command window.
2) Set the current directory to the directory the launcher jar file is located.
3) To start the launcher enter:
java -jar XMageLauncher-0.3.8.jar
and push the enter key, that should start the launcher. (So you're fine).
4) Otherwise report the error message you get in the command window
Will

Postby howhow » 28 Nov 2016, 03:55

monarch doesnt give draws

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.19V0
howhow

Postby Gelven » 28 Nov 2016, 16:13

When playing Saskia the Unyielding in Commander Free for All I had a creature with infect attack a player. The damage it dealt to the player chosen with Saskia did not receive Poison counters. Since the damage comes from the creature with infect and not from Saskia it should deal poison counters to the player.

Also I was having trouble using partners for Commander. It would not recognize either partner deck I used.

Gelven

Postby cheddarsuave » 28 Nov 2016, 23:58

The F-keys don't work like they used to. Right now they "undo" themselves at my beginning of combat and I have to press them again after that. Quite annoying.
cheddarsuave

Postby RivenSkull » 29 Nov 2016, 00:17

I saw that Reflecting Pool's interaction with Crumbling Vestige was removed. It was correct as an interaction.

Reflecting Pool, as per the Gatherer Ruling, checks "all mana-producing abilities of lands you control".

This works with Rule 106.7: "The type of mana a permanent could produce at any time includes any type of mana that an ability of that permanent would produce if the ability were to resolve at that time, taking into account any applicable replacement effects in any possible order."

Here are two sources from multiple L2 judges confirming this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgjudge/comme ... g/cyx58c4/

http://blogs.mtgjudge.cn/blog/2016/05/0 ... pril-2016/
RivenSkull

Postby chrizzilla » 29 Nov 2016, 01:22

Orzhov Advokist's ability does not work. Your opponents get the counters but they can still attack you.

chrizzilla

Postby NoGue2k » 29 Nov 2016, 05:21

Being the Monarch does not give you draws at end of turn.

At least with Queen Marchesa it does nothing, didnt try becoming Monarch any other way

NoGue2k

Postby spjspj » 29 Nov 2016, 10:36

cheddarsuave wrote:The F-keys don't work like they used to. Right now they "undo" themselves at my beginning of combat and I have to press them again after that. Quite annoying.
There was incorrect behaviour previously. You could F11/F9 through (after getting to Declare Attackers) with say Goblin Rabblemaster and not be forced to attack with all goblins or have the goblin from Goblin Spymaster and not be forced to attack.
spjspj

Postby akqns » 29 Nov 2016, 12:43

Ephara, God of the Polis ablity is bug

akqns

Postby cheddarsuave » 29 Nov 2016, 16:46

spjspj wrote:
cheddarsuave wrote:The F-keys don't work like they used to. Right now they "undo" themselves at my beginning of combat and I have to press them again after that. Quite annoying.
There was incorrect behaviour previously. You could F11/F9 through (after getting to Declare Attackers) with say Goblin Rabblemaster and not be forced to attack with all goblins or have the goblin from Goblin Spymaster and not be forced to attack.
That seems like a bug with the functionality of Goblin Rabblemaster & friends rather than the F-keys themselves. I used to use F7 all the time to make a quick attack and move on to my second main phase...now that key is basically worthless. Technically I could press it twice but I'm averse to doing that with the lag and all it's very easy to accidentally skip your second main phase.

And even F9, surely there should be SOME key that allows you to blow past beginning of combat without having to press another key again (but could force you to attack with Rabblemaster tokens at the same time).
cheddarsuave

Postby Will » 30 Nov 2016, 16:05

Tried updating Java, still the same error message. Also wondering if it could be the launcher problem that came up a few months ago. Does anyone have the link to use the client without the launcher?

Fireshoes: Depends where the XMage client is saved on your system. Mine is C:\Users\fireshoes\Downloads\xmage\mage-client and then whichever .bat/.sh file for your operating system.
Will

Postby ChezChelios » 01 Dec 2016, 16:42

Lost Legacy don't work properly, it's exiles the cards but don't give any card to the opponent.

LevelX: Can't reproduce any problem with that card. Be aware, you draw only for cards exiled from hand.
ChezChelios

Next

Return to XMage