It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:48

Text Size

I hope you'll be charging actual money soon?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

I hope you'll be charging actual money soon?

Postby locohost » 29 Nov 2016, 21:15

I'm totally new here so please forgive me if this has been discussed. If so, I'd love a link to that discussion :-)

Being a professional software developer, I'm really hoping you have plans to begin charging for the XMage app or some form of service subscription. Is it really possible you can provide software of this high quality for free forever? I do not see how that's possible.

Really, really great work on XMage guys. I'm a big fan. You need to get paid so this can continue.

Is there some way you're at least taking donations? Or do you plan to soon?

Mark :-)
locohost

Re: I hope you'll be charging actual money soon?

Postby Finbez » 14 Dec 2016, 09:46

that's the quickest way to get a cease and desist I've ever heard
Finbez

Postby rigeld2 » 16 Dec 2016, 21:18

locohost wrote:Is it really possible you can provide software of this high quality for free forever? I do not see how that's possible.
While I would absolutely pay for something like this, they'd get a C&D within seconds I'm sure.

And as a professional software developer, I'm surprised you can make the quoted comment when things like Open Source Software exist - or is Linux not high quality?
rigeld2

Postby Yeseylon » 20 Dec 2016, 22:14

I'm really new here (as in I just found out this was a thing five minutes ago), but from a simple look around I feel pretty confident they can. I'm guessing the developers love the game (unlike those clowns the main company hired for Duels), and true fans can do some pretty awesome stuff even if they're not getting paid.
Yeseylon

Postby tommygecko » 25 Dec 2016, 15:58

I would definitely pay, if that means the software becomes bug free. The software is bug infested at the moment and I have had so many disrupted or spoiled games because of them.

As a free software though, I can tolerate the bugs.
tommygecko

Postby MTGfan » 27 Dec 2016, 01:24

A project only dies when there is no more real interest in it. I'm new to the project myself and have been helping out with the code. I'm not a professional developer but have a degree in computer programming. Seeing as this has been around for quite a lot of years now I doubt there is any reason to think that it won't be for multiples of that. As far as bugs go it is possible that not enough info is being provided for those of us working on the project to diagnose and correct. I have seen a number of things get fixed though as I see what code changes are taking place as I continue to work on the stuff I'm working on.
MTGfan

Postby warum » 05 Jan 2017, 05:24

tommygecko wrote:I would definitely pay, if that means the software becomes bug free. The software is bug infested at the moment and I have had so many disrupted or spoiled games because of them.

As a free software though, I can tolerate the bugs.
I see you know nothing about software development.
warum

Return to XMage