It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:41

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.21 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.21 SOFTWARE

Postby TripleNipple » 19 Feb 2017, 22:36

Catch//Release does not function properly. The process currently is that the Right Half (Release) resolves first, and then the Left Half (Catch) resolves second. This is incorrect. This documents that bug. You also can't cast both halves normally. There is no 3rd Fuse casting option.
Attachments
1.JPG
I announce my target of Brain in a Jar for the Catch half.
2.JPG
The Right Half has resolved before the Left Half has. I should have gained control of my opps Brain in a Jar and be able to sacrifice it.
TripleNipple

Re: Catch//Release is bugged

Postby jeffwadsworth » 20 Feb 2017, 00:59

TripleNipple wrote:The card Catch//Release resolves Release first, and then Catch. This is incorrect. Catch is supposed to resolve first, so I can then sacrifice the permanent I gained control of from Catch to Release, but Release resolves first, so this isn't an option.
Where is the ruling on this example? As far as I know, the targets are chosen at the same time...thus you do not have control of the creature you are trying to sacrifice. The "Fuse" option shows up as "Untap it" for some reason, but it works.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Fuse
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby ChewiTeb » 20 Feb 2017, 02:08

Duskmantle Seer trigger doesn't work (it goes to the stack but it doesn't give any cards). Tested in Momir mode.
ChewiTeb

Postby Doctor Weird » 20 Feb 2017, 05:42

jeffwadsworth wrote:Where is the ruling on this example? As far as I know, the targets are chosen at the same time...thus you do not have control of the creature you are trying to sacrifice. The "Fuse" option shows up as "Untap it" for some reason, but it works.

I'm not the one who reported it, but I do seem to remember a similar situation with another bug report a while back. Release does not involve any targeting, the players choose and sacrifice their permanents as part of the spell's resolution, and since a card always resolves in the order it's written, the Catch half goes first (Rule 702.101d, left halves go first), meaning that by the time the Release half comes, the targeted creature from the first half has already switched sides as part of the resolution currently going on.

The Gatherer page for Catch//Release actually says this, now that I checked:

Gatherer wrote:4/15/2013 If you cast Catch/Release as a fused split spell, you can sacrifice the permanent you just gained control of.
Doctor Weird

Postby DiMiaN » 20 Feb 2017, 07:41

Having Blood Moon and Wooded Foothills on board and opponent removes Blood Moon. Couldn't crack Wooded Foothills after Blood Moon was gone.
DiMiaN

Postby TripleNipple » 21 Feb 2017, 05:18

jeffwadsworth wrote:
Where is the ruling on this example? As far as I know, the targets are chosen at the same time...thus you do not have control of the creature you are trying to sacrifice. The "Fuse" option shows up as "Untap it" for some reason, but it works.

I went to the link you left, and it said

Fuse Wiki wrote:702.101d As a fused split spell resolves, the controller of the spell follows the instructions of the left half and then follows the instructions of the right half.
Therefore, Catch should resolve before Release. Xmage currently (as I documented at the top of page Eight) has Release resolve before Catch. Thanks for reading and commenting.
TripleNipple

Postby Cryptic Bore » 21 Feb 2017, 10:51

In a game of EDH. I had lazav already a copy of another creature on the field and then cast Necromantic Selection it returned lazav as as the copy of the previous creature is this correct or should it not return lazav as plain old lazav.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Remember to click the thanks on posts that either help or that you like :)
Cryptic Bore

Postby DiMiaN » 21 Feb 2017, 14:47

I was using Tooth and Nail to put Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Walking Ballista to battlefield. Walking Ballista comes to battlefield with 1/1(???) And has no +1/+1 counters on it.

This is the correct scenario:
Walking Ballista should come to battlefield with 0/0 and dies. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed brings it back to battlefield with a +1/+1 counter. And from there you can go infinitive loop.
DiMiaN

Postby jeffwadsworth » 21 Feb 2017, 14:54

TripleNipple wrote:
jeffwadsworth wrote:

I went to the link you left, and it said

Fuse Wiki wrote:702.101d As a fused split spell resolves, the controller of the spell follows the instructions of the left half and then follows the instructions of the right half.
Therefore, Catch should resolve before Release. Xmage currently (as I documented at the top of page Eight) has Release resolve before Catch. Thanks for reading and commenting.
There is a ruling specifically on this point:
If you cast Catch/Release as a fused split spell, you can sacrifice the permanent you just gained control of.
So you are correct. The problem I had with it was targeting. Choosing targets must be done before resolution, but apparently that doesn't matter in this case.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=368982
Last edited by jeffwadsworth on 21 Feb 2017, 15:50, edited 2 times in total.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby rigeld2 » 21 Feb 2017, 15:34

DiMiaN wrote:I was using Tooth and Nail to put Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Walking Ballista to battlefield. Walking Ballista comes to battlefield with 1/1(???) And has no +1/+1 counters on it.

This is the correct scenario:
Walking Ballista should come to battlefield with 0/0 and dies. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed brings it back to battlefield with a +1/+1 counter. And from there you can go infinitive loop.
Incorrect. Mikaeus gives Ballista +1/+1 as a static ability, so this interaction is working correctly.
Ballista doesn't loop with Mikaeus like Triskelion does.
rigeld2

Postby DiMiaN » 21 Feb 2017, 16:19

Thank you so much for clarifying this rigeld2. I actually asked in MTG Judge IRC chat and they said its an infinitive loop. Alright, have to adjust my deck now :)
DiMiaN

Postby rigeld2 » 21 Feb 2017, 17:01

If you happen to have a sac outlet it can loop - put them on the field, sac Ballista, undying gets it back, shoot a counter, sac it, undying, repeat.

I was going through my turn quickly and declared attacker by clicking on the TKS and clicked the f9 button in the GUI. The TKS didn't actually tap until after I clicked the pass button. After a minute or two of waiting I noticed my clock was counting down.

Want any more information?
Attachments
clock.PNG
rigeld2

Postby Cryptic Bore » 21 Feb 2017, 20:34

SnowOona wrote:I encountered this bug while playing an EDH game. I casted Stunt Double and tried to copy an Dimir Doppelganger which has previously copied Avacyn, Angel of Hope. The result was that the Stunt Double entered as plain Dimir Doppelganger and not Avacyn.
same thing also happens if lazav is another a creature and and stunt double tries to copy lazav its just vanila lazav not lazav as a copy of said creature
_________________________________________________________________________________
Cryptic Bore

Postby jeffwadsworth » 21 Feb 2017, 23:17

Cryptic Bore wrote:
SnowOona wrote:I encountered this bug while playing an EDH game. I casted Stunt Double and tried to copy an Dimir Doppelganger which has previously copied Avacyn, Angel of Hope. The result was that the Stunt Double entered as plain Dimir Doppelganger and not Avacyn.
same thing also happens if lazav is another a creature and and stunt double tries to copy lazav its just vanila lazav not lazav as a copy of said creature
I fixed both. Next version of XMage will make it all good.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby Cryptic Bore » 22 Feb 2017, 17:31

jeffwadsworth wrote:
I fixed both. Next version of XMage will make it all good.
Awesome

Another bug: People always say rollbacks are broken in EDH but i havnt seen bug reports posted on here. i could of missed them but one of the common occurrences is infinite turns where one player after a rollback gets to play out there turn but everyone elses is skipped through. giving the appearance of infinite turns even though the other turns are still happening each player but one cant interact on their own turns. I agreed to the roll back esp since it was just him and me and even asked my own to see if we can get it to occur again.

The game log is here: http://pastebin.com/Lw725wtU
Last edited by Cryptic Bore on 23 Feb 2017, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
Cryptic Bore

PreviousNext

Return to XMage