It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:21

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.22 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.22 SOFTWARE

Postby LevelX » 11 Mar 2017, 12:29

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.22 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. Please report those card requests here:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19067

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
* Offering - Fixed that offering could not be activated as instant, cancel during offering mana payment now restores also the sacrificed permanent.
* Fixed a problem that hybrid mana symbols were not shown.
* Fix Flagbearer to not require triggered abilities to target a flagbearer
* Fixed AI handling of cost reduction of reductions defined with "up to" causing game locks.
* Fixed a bug that mana pool was carried over to next game (e.g. using Savage Ventmaw).

* Arachnus Web - Fixed condition handling.
* Celestial Dawn - Fixed that it was not possible to pay colorless costs with non white mana.
* Declaration In Stone - Fixed that the Clue tokens were not created correctly.
* Kira, Great Glass-Spinner - Fixed that targeting objects that later changed to creatures was ignored.
* Misthollow Griffin - Fixed a bug that sometimes a not owning player could play the card from exile.
* Spellskite - Fixed a bug that target could not always be changed to Spellskite if other modes already targeted Spellskite.
* Stitcher's Graft - Fixed that the triggered ability was wrongly given to the equipped creature instead of being a ability of the equipment. Fixed a bug that prevented that the equipped creature did not untap after attacking.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.22 SOFTWARE

Postby patbou » 11 Mar 2017, 13:28

Bug with Stitcher's Graft : Creature it was attached to was allowed to untap in the untap step.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.22V0
patbou

Postby BrunoTT » 11 Mar 2017, 22:21

1 - A small bug on Arachnus Web - the way this card's EoT ability is phrased makes it so that it will check that the condition is met as it goes on the stack, and as it resolves. (an intervening 'if' clause.) It's currently programmed so that it will only check on resolution. While this doesn't really have much of a difference for this card, there are corner cases where this could matter (ie. not having to cast buff spells during your opponent's second main phase, when you know they have sorcery speed removal in hand.) The fix for this should be very simple, and require a slight reprogramming.

2 - This bug is very serious, and has caused me to lose multiple games now. During games, there are some windows which pop up, and stop you from selecting anything else, until you've interacted with it - it's the ONLY thing you can click. An example of this window is the window which pops up whenever you have multiple triggered abilities which would trigger at once (eg. two upkeep triggers.) If this window is covered by something else, like a graveyard, then you can't click it, and thus can't progress the game, and are forced to shut your client. Furthermore, you don't have any chance to respond to it. I just played a game against dredge, so I had my opponent's graveyard as a huge window, then I had two upkeep triggers. The window popped up, behind the graveyard window, and I couldn't click it, and I couldn't click away.
This is an easy bug to fix, and simply needs a few lines of code to ensure that whenever one of these kinds of windows pops up, it brings itself to the front of the screen. However, a better solution would be to simply let the user click away. I don't understand why the user shouldn't be allowed to click anywhere else, and I've always found it frustrating; I've been in situations where I can't remember what's in my graveyard, and had to make an ill-informed decision about which trigger to put onto the stack first, since by the time it asks me to decide the order, it's too late to look at my graveyard.

LevelX: I'm looking into this.
Workaround for now: Start the XMage client a second time and reconnect to the server (without disconnecting the first client). The newly started client gets connected with the server and has the default window layout and you're able to pick the e.g. needed ability.
BrunoTT

Postby shaithan » 12 Mar 2017, 00:26

When I am trying to uppdate it is slow as hell, it only uses aprox 0,3-1MBs of bandwith acording to my systemmaneger.

jeffwadsworth: That is because the people hosting the software are not AWS (Amazon Web Service). Patience is needed when a gift is given.
shaithan

Postby SnowOona » 12 Mar 2017, 06:16

There is no Table Dialog for the color restriction feature in EDH games.

spjspj: The colour restriction is done from the EDH Power Level set when you startup the table. Anything mod 6 will restrict white (so 96,86,76,66, 56..) Anything mod 4 will restrict blue (94,84,74..), 3 = black (93,83,73), 2=Red, 1 = G
SnowOona

Postby cheddarsuave » 12 Mar 2017, 07:44

Patron of the Nezumi's Rat Offering ability does not work. I had a Relentless Rats on the field and 4 open mana, and still couldn't cast it (tried on my opponent's turn).

cheddarsuave

Postby AlexMazzi » 12 Mar 2017, 16:47

There's an issue with Spellskite. My opponent casted Kolaghan's Command targetting Spellskite and another creature (destroy and artifact + 2 dmgs), I redirected paying 2 life but both my creatures still died.

jeffwadsworth: Due to the ability being a separate instance of target, it should be able to target it in this case. I am glad you tested this case. I will look into it.

https://blogs.magicjudges.org/articles/ ... pellskite/

AlexMazzi

Deck Editor Screen issue

Postby john1908 » 12 Mar 2017, 17:28

Can someone please help me with an issue that I am having with the deck editor pane. I have uninstalled Xmage, Microsoft Edge, Java, and reinstalled Xmage, Card Gallery, Java, and am using Firefox as my browser and I still can not get the deck editor pane fixed. When I go to play sealed, the card images do not show either. When I spectate another match, all images and other play attributes are visible.

Thanks a lot for your help

xmage desktop.PNG
snagit of deck editor screen

jeffwadsworth: I had this same issue. You have to pull it down from the top. See that little "notch" in the middle?
john1908

Postby BlackWyvern » 12 Mar 2017, 19:46

Code: Select all
Player 4's Combat Phase
3:10 PM: Player 4 attacks with 2 creatures
3:10 PM: Attacked player: Player 1
3:10 PM: Attacker: Mentor of the Meek [360] (2/2) unblocked
3:10 PM: Attacker: Saskia the Unyielding [837] (3/4) unblocked
3:10 PM: Player 1 loses 2 life
3:10 PM: Player 1 loses 3 life
3:10 PM: Saskia the Unyielding [837] did 9 combat damage to Player 1 during the game.
3:10 PM: Ability triggers: Saskia the Unyielding [837] - Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to the chosen player.
3:10 PM: Ability triggers: Saskia the Unyielding [837] - Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to the chosen player.
3:10 PM: Player 1 loses 3 life
1x Saskia the Unyielding ability still in stack
Player 3 plays instant to exile Saskia the Unyielding
Player 3 gets tooltip bug which won't go away so he can't pay mana cost, cancels play and then closes Xmage
3:15 PM: Player 1 loses 2 life
3:15 PM: Turn 26 Player 1 (26 - 40 - 17 - 40)
3:16 PM: Player 3 has left XMage
3:16 PM: Player 1 draws a card
3:16 PM: Player 1 casts Breaking Point [166]
3:16 PM: Player 3 has lost the game.
3:16 PM: Player 3 quits the match.
3:17 PM: Player 2 loses 6 life
3:17 PM: Player 2 has Breaking Point deal 6 to him or her
Breaking Point in stack, focus advances to Player 3, waiting on confirmation
Game cannot continue
3:22 PM: Player 4 has conceded.
Player 3 removed from play
Breaking Point in stack, Focus advances to Player 4, waiting on confirmation
3:22 PM: Player 4 has lost the game.
3:24 PM: Player 2 has conceded.
3:24 PM: Player 1 has won the game
3:24 PM: Player 2 has lost the game.
3:24 PM: Player 3 has conceded.
Game not ended
Time for player 4 still ticking down
Timer hits 0
Game not ended
escplan9: Log is great, but can you summarize the issue as well?

Basically, as I noted in the log, due to when Player 3 disconnected, focus advanced to the disconnected/missing Player 3 and would not advance, making it so the game completely stopped. It was asking the dead Player 3 to hit done for confirmation of the stack effect for Breaking Point. Until Player 4 left, which then forced the game to recheck focus, nothing could be done. However, when they left, focus advanced to them, instead of jumping to Player 1.

Edit: Just to clarify, this isn't a bug with Breaking Point, but a bug with the focus priority checking mechanism.
Last edited by BlackWyvern on 13 Mar 2017, 15:45, edited 4 times in total.
BlackWyvern

Postby BlackWyvern » 13 Mar 2017, 00:48

AI will reliably crash in their precombat phase if presented with an opponent using:
Norn's Annex
Sphere of Safety
Windborn Muse
Ghostly Prison
or any other effect that imposes a cost to attacking if they're trying to attack the player who owns them and they have no available mana.

jeffwadsworth: Verified. Bug report added (https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/2964). Thanks.
BlackWyvern

Postby patbou » 13 Mar 2017, 12:28

Declaration in Stone is half fixed. Now, the targeted creature indeed gets exiled, but no Clue gets generated for that. Thanks for your time, programmer. Your help is precious to this community! :)

jeffwadsworth: Fixed beyond 1.4.22V0
patbou

Postby Bobbington11 » 13 Mar 2017, 21:53

Currently I am facing an issue where when I try to connect with the localhost server to play against A.I with this error comes up and I can't connect: "Unable to connect to server. The following method is not available in the server, probably the server version is not compatible to the client:mage.server.MageServerlmpl.connectUser(java.lang.String.java.lang.Strong.mage.utils.MageVersion.java.lang.String)"

DEBUG 2017-03-13 17:54:05,840 DISCONNECT Disconnected - sessionId: 5c4o15a-6bcby0-j08n9vde-1-j08nc4qh-e =>[WorkerThread#0[192.168.1.190:61500]] SessionManager.disconnect
DEBUG 2017-03-13 17:54:05,840 SESSION LOCK SET sessionId: 5c4o15a-6bcby0-j08n9vde-1-j08nc4qh-e =>[WorkerThread#0[192.168.1.190:61500]] Session.kill
DEBUG 2017-03-13 17:54:05,841 SESSION LOCK UNLOCK sessionId: 5c4o15a-6bcby0-j08n9vde-1-j08nc4qh-e =>[WorkerThread#0[192.168.1.190:61500]] Session.kill

Above is for when the server says the ping is high and I am disconnected from the server at the former message, I re-updated Xmage multiple times and still this comes, hope this gets fixed for the great program :D .
Bobbington11

Postby xKoney » 13 Mar 2017, 23:26

There's a bug with the GUI that involves hovering over a card, the hover-over description pops up, then if you click on "Preferences" (I typically change my priority stops), the hover-over description stays up the entire game. This causes anything underneath the description to be completely unclickable. This includes targeting with spells, blocking, etc.

The description window even stays up when clicking to different panels.

xmage bug.png

xmage bug 2.png

Edit: I should also mention this has happened to me at least 3 or 4 times on different occasions.
xKoney

Postby ejexpress » 14 Mar 2017, 13:43

Bug with Mogg Flunkies + Goblin Assault (+potentially other "must attack if able" cards)

Noticed this in an MM17 draft -- my opponent's only creature was Mogg Flunkies ("can't attack alone") and I had a Goblin Assault ("All Goblins must attack each turn if able"). Game would not progress past the attack step, as my opponent was forced to declare Flunkies as an attacker, but then could not move forward with them as the only attacker.

Correct interaction is that Mogg Flunkies cannot attack in this situation. (In a situation in which opponent controlled other creatures, Flunkies would have to attack if at least one other creature was declared as an attacker, but would not be forced to attack otherwise.)

jeffwadsworth: Confirmed. Bug report added.
ejexpress

Postby cheddarsuave » 15 Mar 2017, 18:17

xKoney wrote:There's a bug with the GUI that involves hovering over a card, the hover-over description pops up, then if you click on "Preferences" (I typically change my priority stops), the hover-over description stays up the entire game. This causes anything underneath the description to be completely unclickable. This includes targeting with spells, blocking, etc.

The description window even stays up when clicking to different panels.

xmage bug.png

xmage bug 2.png

Edit: I should also mention this has happened to me at least 3 or 4 times on different occasions.
I second this, and would add that the problem is not limited to clicking Preferences. This happens to be numerous other times, the most common scenario probably being me working in deck editor, then a game suddenly starts that I was in the lobby for - and afterwards, the description window sticks around blocking my screen. Probably the single most annoying thing I have to deal with in Xmage; this happens on a daily basis for me. Sometimes the only solution is to force quit and restart.
cheddarsuave

Next

Return to XMage