It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:23

Text Size

How to push code back to Git?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

How to push code back to Git?

Postby SickBoyWI » 29 Mar 2017, 23:03

Hi,
I've made some updates to the code base (implemented Soul Burn card), and would like to push them back. When I try to do so, it says I don't have permission to do so. What's the procedure for pushing code back to the server? Currently I'm trying to do so through NetBeans, and through Git via Windows command line: 'git push origin master'. Same result either way, after entering my Git creds, I get an error saying I don't have permission. Is there a branch that I should be pushing to? I browsed around the site, and didn't see anything on how to get my updates incorporated. Thanks!
SickBoyWI

Re: How to push code back to Git?

Postby escplan9 » 30 Mar 2017, 22:35

Try the Developers subforum:
viewforum.php?f=116

or our Gitter (join the magefree room)
https://gitter.im/apps

And if you haven't yet, review the Developer Getting Started guide:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/D ... ng-Started

As to explaining what's happening - you need to have a fork of the repository. You will be pushing to your own forked repository. After the push completes, you visit your repository on github and there will be a button for Create Pull Request that you point at the XMage master repository. One of the main developers from XMage can then review your Pull Request and merge it in for you.
escplan9

Return to XMage