It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:10

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.23 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.23 SOFTWARE

Postby NittanyLionRoar » 26 Apr 2017, 01:48

Okay, ignore my last comment...there was a new update right now and it's fixed. If you guys did that--thanks! If it was dumb luck--thanks for your time anyways!

escplan9: Pretty sure there was no UI changes here! Glad your problem is resolved nonetheless!
NittanyLionRoar

Postby brianakee » 26 Apr 2017, 03:02

When using AI mode today, I encountered an issue with Elder Deep-Fiend on-cast ability.
At beginning of the opponent's upkeep, I cast Elder Deep-Fiend; however, I was unable to tap four target permanents. At that time, the opponent had Heart of Kiran, Aethersphere Harvester, Scrapheap Scrounger, Inventors's Apprentice, Veteran Motorist, along with 5 lands untapped on the battlefield.
edf-stack.PNG
Stack and log showing Elder Deep-Fiend and logs indicating tap up to 4 permanents.

edf-board.PNG
opponent battlefield

In a previous match, I confirmed that Elder Deep-Fiends on cast ability was working as expected. (Note: I rolled back a few times, and in each case I had the same result.)
brianakee

Postby cheddarsuave » 26 Apr 2017, 03:35

Noticed a change in the behavior of the load/save dialog box. Instead of defaulting to the last used folder location like it used to, in the current version of Xmage, the same directory always pops up (username/Documents). This is very annoying, as I have to navigate all the way to where I save my XMage decks - 7 clicks instead of 0 or 1 as it was. Please fix when you get a chance.

Thanks!
cheddarsuave

Postby Verve » 26 Apr 2017, 04:43

summary: Shadow of the Grave cycle count interrupted by opponent cycle (?)

I'm not sure how xmage is handling discard/cycle count at the moment for Shadow of the Grave, but I was going off with New Perspectives and had cycled maybe 5 cards. Then my opponent cycled a dual land, presumably so that he could just F6 the rest of my turn. I had one more card to cycle before my Shadow of the Grave, but then it only returned that one card.

Forgot to take a screenshot, but here's a log if needed: https://pastebin.com/T8vG9WF4

edit: I start cycling on the pertinent turn on line 275 of the log

edit2: Shadow seems even more broken now on V3, I got maybe 7 cards back when I cycled over 25, and this is independent of any opponent action.

jeffwadsworth: Fixed in the next version.
Verve

Postby X11 » 26 Apr 2017, 07:08

l cannot update to 1.4.23v4.
It seems it won't install the update on my macbook pro....
X11

Postby Belakor » 26 Apr 2017, 07:31

The update also doesn't work on my windows system. No V4 to be sen yet and no V4 manually downloadable on the Update thread.
Belakor

Postby TeddieAndersson » 26 Apr 2017, 10:57

Hello.

After the latest update I've cant access my sideboard. The number of cards in it and the number showing how many it is doesnt add. And I cant sideboard between games and it says something about "empty".

Do you have any plans to fix this bug or is it something I can do about it?

Regards

Teddie
TeddieAndersson

Postby patbou » 26 Apr 2017, 13:47

patbou wrote:
Finbez wrote:Hanweir Garrison doesn't cause a crash 100% of the time, but 100% of the crashes happen with Garrison in play or on the stack.

I already posted a lot of details on page 4 of this thread. Can a programmer have a look at this?

escplan9: see https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/3129 for details on what's been found so far.
Thanks. I've looked it up, and it seems one developper (drmDev?) took notice. But I'm afraid the problem is not properly understood. Players who can't add Garrison to a deck will cause the game to crash when another player (who has no problems with Garrison, in Deck Editor or during play) actually casts or resolves Hanweir Garrison. This is kind of a virus, because the problems of others become the problems of all.

I just want to make sure that the developpers realise that this is not just a deck building bug (for those experiencing it). It's an in-game bug that crashes everything.

escplan9: my github handle is drmDev. I'm updating the issue with the information you've provided. The biggest difficulty is ability to duplicate this issue at all, and then if so, with any consistency. I have not been able to do either. Updated the issue with all the information from the forums here as well as my inability to duplicate the issue so far. https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/3129
patbou

Postby manky » 26 Apr 2017, 14:34

After the Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons fix in 1.4.23v2 it doesn't produce tokens in certain instances, for example using Devoted Druid's untap for -1/-1 ability.
manky

Postby Belakor » 26 Apr 2017, 14:36

I got this text in the Client Console:
"Fehler: Hauptklasse mage.client.MageFrame konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden"
translatable to (Error: mage.client couldn't be found or loaded)
"Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=384m; support was removed in 8.0"

Since I can't get an update to V4 I still try to be of some help.

escplan9: the warning can be ignored. The error about "(Error: mage.client couldn't be found or loaded)" indicates a likely problem with your java installation. Uninstall all versions of Java then install the latest and try again.
Belakor

Postby gfauxpas » 26 Apr 2017, 14:52

Minds Aglow -
If the caster declares a value of X that's too high to pay, and you go back to change the value of X, the lands you tapped when you attempted to pay X the first time won't untap.
gfauxpas

Postby jasonkw914 » 26 Apr 2017, 15:12

I got a prompt for updating to a new version of 1.4.23 to V3. Ever since I "updated" i get "xmage not found". I tried removing all traces of xmage and reinstalling the launcher, but I get the same issue of "xmage not found"
EDIT: Here is the launcher log
EDIT 2: I could not add the log because it "looks too spamy"

jeffwadsworth: This is being looked into.
jasonkw914

Postby ain » 27 Apr 2017, 01:48

Bruna, the Fading Light seems to have some problems. Null rule if cast, Null rule if in a deck when the game ends, and .dck files don't load deck lists properly if Bruna is in the list.
ain

Postby manky » 27 Apr 2017, 05:51

Leech Bonder's untap / transfer counter ability doesn't work.

jeffwadsworth: Do you have a log of the game? Worked for me.

It fails when trying to move it's own -1/-1 counters to another creature or moving a +1/+1 counter from one creature to another.

Log: Moving a -1/-1 counter from Leech Bonder to Mothdust Changeling

Code: Select all
7:55 AM: mookney_fatsoh activates: Move a counter from target creature onto a second target creature. from Leech Bonder [e60] targeting Leech Bonder [e60] Mothdust Changeling [eba]
Log: Moving a +1/+1 counter from Gyre Sage to Fathom Mage

Code: Select all
7:56 AM: mookney_fatsoh activates: Move a counter from target creature onto a second target creature. from Leech Bonder [e60] targeting Gyre Sage [cf3] Fathom Mage [419]
In both cases a window titled "null" pop's up and with content "-1/-1" and "+1/+1" respectively, but the counters aren't transferred.
Last edited by manky on 03 May 2017, 06:02, edited 2 times in total.
manky

Postby p1zzaman » 27 Apr 2017, 14:59

Sacrificing Veteran Explorer to cast Cabal Therapy via flashback resolves the cards in the wrong order.

Current Xmage order:
cabal1.png

Correct order:
cabal2.png

This probably applies to other creatures with PIG effects as well (untested).

jeffwadsworth: Can you dispute this post?

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magi ... n-explorer
p1zzaman

PreviousNext

Return to XMage