It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:43

Text Size

Permission Denied: Connect on localhost

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Permission Denied: Connect on localhost

Postby JoeMoyle » 21 Jul 2017, 18:33

Hi All XMage Users,

I started getting the message Permission Denied: Connect when connecting to my local host starting yesterday. I have not updated the software, images, or anything in the past few days. I have not patched my OS or any software running either. My AVG anti-virus software is set to auto update itself with new definitions but I'm pretty sure nothing else on my machine is set to auto-update.

I searched the forum for this message but did not find anything. Do any of you have any help or guidance that you can give me in order to begin connecting to my localhost server running? I do wait until it shows that the server is listening on the command prompt window it opens up prior to firing up the client so I don't think the issue is that the server isn't listening for incoming request.

I'm pretty new to XMage and have installed it and have been successfully entering my own decks and doing some play with my decks against my own decks on my localhost. I am running the latest version with Hours of Devastation cards in the database.

Joe
JoeMoyle

Re: Permission Denied: Connect on localhost

Postby JoeMoyle » 25 Jul 2017, 00:50

Strange thing. I tried again today and now it is working. I haven't changed a thing.
JoeMoyle

Return to XMage