It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:44

Text Size

Xmage is just not allowing me to use it

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Xmage is just not allowing me to use it

Postby Banelord » 20 Aug 2017, 16:21

I downloaded Xmage about a week ago and everything was buttery-smooth. The games were fine, the images all downloaded perfectly (except Insectile Aberration for whatever reason which is annoying cause I play pauper a lot), and I was able to actually close and open the application. Seemingly out of nowhere I can no longer even connect to servers unless I completely delete Xmage from my computer and re-download it, and even then it only works one time and then I have to re-download it all over again. For some reason when I go to close the client and it asks me if I'd like to disconnect and I hit yes, the application instantly freezes and I have to task manager close it, and then after that it won't work and I must re-download Xmage again entirely. I've never been so frustrated in my life with an application and I just want to know what's even going on because this happened for no reason. If anyone has any info on how to help it would be greatly appreciated
Banelord

Re: Xmage is just not allowing me to use it

Postby gcb » 20 Aug 2017, 16:37

Something wonky is going on with the latest two updates apparently, many people are reporting this issue, possibly it's due to the change in how xmage handles user disconnects. Hasn't been a problem in the previous version (1.4.25). Not sure if it's server side or client side, but my guess is on the former.
gcb

Re: Xmage is just not allowing me to use it

Postby cryrix » 20 Aug 2017, 17:36

Yeah same issue here. I simply can't connect to serveur. The page is frozen and i can't interact with anything. On some rare occasions, i'm log in when i start the software, but i can't deconnect to change serveur for exemple (switch from DE to US).
cryrix

Return to XMage