It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 08:15

Text Size

Can I use Xmage without having to re-launch the game?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Can I use Xmage without having to re-launch the game?

Postby DannyBlaZe1011 » 27 Dec 2017, 19:16

I've recently installed Xmage and enjoy using it for the most part (despite difficulty of use) but I'm having trouble with the launcher. every time I pull the launcher up, I receive the message that you should receive when first installing it, notifying the user about the specialized version of java Xmage installs. However this also displays after I've already installed everything. i'm forced to download the java, all of the images, and all of the symbols. Any idea how to use the game without doing this?
DannyBlaZe1011

Re: Can I use Xmage without having to re-launch the game?

Postby gcb » 28 Dec 2017, 09:47

Can't you just launch the client manually? (in [xmage folder]/xmage/mage-client/startClient.[bat/command/sh])
gcb

Re: Can I use Xmage without having to re-launch the game?

Postby JayDi » 03 Jan 2018, 22:43

If you can't download java by launcher then it's a java certificates problem. Try to update you java version to latest. It's too difficult to fix it. You can read my post on github about it. But if you can't see SSH errors in logs then it may be another problem like firewall or proxy block.
JayDi

Return to XMage