It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:47

Text Size

What is a "normal" % of memory used?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

What is a "normal" % of memory used?

Postby cheddarsuave » 08 Jan 2018, 11:32

With the new memory used being shown at the top, what should I expect to get out? Mine frequently hovers in the red range, 80%+. I tried increasing the -xmx value in Java settings, but I haven't noticed a difference with that.

Thanks!
cheddarsuave

Re: What is a "normal" % of memory used?

Postby JayDi » 08 Jan 2018, 14:49

cheddarsuave wrote:With the new memory used being shown at the top, what should I expect to get out? Mine frequently hovers in the red range, 80%+. I tried increasing the -xmx value in Java settings, but I haven't noticed a difference with that.

Thanks!
Normal memory usage must be < 70% But it's not scary to have big percent -- game will work as before, but with random freezes. XMage sometime increase memory for hard operations like cards loading, but after done can free to normanl. It's a java :-)

If you change it correct then new value must be likely as max memory available in stats (plus/minus). If your max available value don't change then check it again:
- what you setup it for client command, not server;
- what you setup it correct (try -Xmx1024M or -Xmx1G)
- what you launch client from launcher;
- what you have free memory in your OS.

Example:
JayDi

Postby cheddarsuave » 09 Jan 2018, 11:07

I don't understand this part:

JayDi wrote: value don't change then check it again:
Also, I increased my max memory in the Java settings to "-Xmx1G", but in the status bar it still says xxx of 519 MB used. Shouldn't that be increased if I increase -Xmx in the Java settings? I confirmed that it stays at 519 MB whether I have 512m, 1024m, or 1G enabled in the settings.
cheddarsuave

Postby JayDi » 13 Jan 2018, 23:59

cheddarsuave wrote:I don't understand this part:

JayDi wrote: value don't change then check it again:
Also, I increased my max memory in the Java settings to "-Xmx1G", but in the status bar it still says xxx of 519 MB used. Shouldn't that be increased if I increase -Xmx in the Java settings? I confirmed that it stays at 519 MB whether I have 512m, 1024m, or 1G enabled in the settings.
Yes, max stats must increase too (e.g. you can see 950-980 MB in xmage menu). Check up your settings again -- it's can have typo or repeats. Post it here.

Try to decrease it to 350 -- if new settings will apply and show values in menu then you haven't enough free system memory. Try to close other apps.

Also you can delete all launcher settings -- then it will use max available memory.
JayDi

Return to XMage