It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:18

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.27 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.27 SOFTWARE

Postby LevelX » 13 Jan 2018, 22:11

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.27 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. Please report those card requests here:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19067

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

Fixed with 1.4.27V1
Release information

Fixed with 1.4.27V2
Release information

Fixed with 1.4.27V3
Release information

Fixed with 1.4.27V4
Release information

Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
See here: https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/Features-and-fixes-not-released-yet
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.27 SOFTWARE

Postby MartinLichKing » 14 Jan 2018, 09:49

The card "Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh" is bugged, the "+2" and "+1" skills do not work.
I have not checked the other skills to see if they are working.
This bug happened to me twice today.
I can't play exiled cards with the skill "+2" and opponents do not exile cards from the hand with a "+1" skill.
Thank you very much for understanding.
MartinLichKing

Postby JayDi » 14 Jan 2018, 13:15

MartinLichKing wrote:The card "Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh" is bugged, the "+2" and "+1" skills do not work.
I have not checked the other skills to see if they are working.
This bug happened to me twice today.
I can't play exiled cards with the skill "+2" and opponents do not exile cards from the hand with a "+1" skill.
Thank you very much for understanding.
:?: Need to confirm that on last updates (27v0). I've tested bolas with current xmage.de server (27v0) and it works fine -- +1, +2 skills exile cards.
JayDi

Postby visuore » 14 Jan 2018, 19:40

I think you guys accidentally reverted from 1.4.26V11 (2018-01-07) to the previous version (1.4.0v0 (2015-05-13)) on xmage.de . It looked like you guys were trying to update to 1.4.7?

Edit: Proof/Bug

Edit 2: Thank you!
Last edited by visuore on 14 Jan 2018, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
visuore

Postby JayDi » 14 Jan 2018, 19:46

visuore wrote:I think you guys accidentally reverted from 1.4.26V11 (2018-01-07) to the previous version (1.4.0v0 (2015-05-13)) on xmage.de . It looked like you guys were trying to update to 1.4.7?

Edit: Proof/Bug
You are right! New server have old config.
http://xmage.de/xmage/config.json

Until admin update it you can use test version from here. It was fixed.
Last edited by JayDi on 14 Jan 2018, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
JayDi

Postby atlbrav083 » 14 Jan 2018, 20:09

The Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon rule change has not been added to XMAGE. Now when lands enter the battlefield with Magus of the Moon or Blood Moon in play the land ETB triggers are null.

I tried to add the URL but I guess I can't because I am new.

jeffwadsworth: 611.3c Continuous effects that modify characteristics of permanents do so simultaneously with the permanent entering the battlefield. They don’t wait until the permanent is on the battlefield and then change it. Because such effects apply as the permanent enters the battlefield, they are applied before determining whether the permanent will cause an ability to trigger when it enters the battlefield.

I believe you meant to reference Blood Sun, not Blood Moon. Blood Moon works in the Layer 4 while Blood Sun is Layer 6. Big difference. The Blood Moon issue should be fine with the next release. The Blood Sun issue is still there.
atlbrav083

Postby cheddarsuave » 14 Jan 2018, 20:56

Can you guys at least acknowledge that Curses are bugged? Any hope that the issue is being worked on? I can't tell you how many hours/games have been ruined now because my Curses just go straight to the graveyard on ETB. Been happening since at least Amonket, usually on complicated board states. Thanks.
cheddarsuave

Postby cheddarsuave » 15 Jan 2018, 00:18

Cherished Hatchling is still bugged in that the fight clause doesn't work after its death trigger.
cheddarsuave

Postby JayDi » 15 Jan 2018, 02:45

cheddarsuave wrote:Can you guys at least acknowledge that Curses are bugged? Any hope that the issue is being worked on? I can't tell you how many hours/games have been ruined now because my Curses just go straight to the graveyard on ETB. Been happening since at least Amonket, usually on complicated board states. Thanks.
Can you write not working card name (or names) and describe wrong ability/situation?
JayDi

Postby cheddarsuave » 15 Jan 2018, 09:57

JayDi wrote:
cheddarsuave wrote:Can you guys at least acknowledge that Curses are bugged? Any hope that the issue is being worked on? I can't tell you how many hours/games have been ruined now because my Curses just go straight to the graveyard on ETB. Been happening since at least Amonket, usually on complicated board states. Thanks.
Can you write not working card name (or names) and describe wrong ability/situation?
Sorry, I posted about these several times now but it was never acknowledged, so thank you.

The Curses that I have personally seen bugged are Cruel Reality and Curse of Bounty, but I suspect more or all are affected. Usually they work fine if cast early on in the game. However, sometimes when the game goes long (I don't know exactly what triggers it), the curses will briefly enter the battlefield before "dying" straight to your graveyard. Rollbacks do not fix this.

Thanks for looking at it :)
cheddarsuave

Postby JayDi » 15 Jan 2018, 12:03

cheddarsuave

There are was a weird bug with target permanent selection/search -- many cards break down after some play time and can't search creature permanent (e.g. abilities with creature permanents is not working). It was fixed in last release (27v0). If you got that error on new version then report here.
JayDi

Postby Existenz81 » 15 Jan 2018, 20:33

Blood Sun isn't working correctly (same thing as with Blood Moon). Lands that should enter untapped enter the battlefield tapped now. Would be awesome if it could be fixed! Thanks in advance!

jeffwadsworth: 611.3c Continuous effects that modify characteristics of permanents do so simultaneously with the permanent entering the battlefield. They don’t wait until the permanent is on the battlefield and then change it. Because such effects apply as the permanent enters the battlefield, they are applied before determining whether the permanent will cause an ability to trigger when it enters the battlefield.

We know about it but it hasn't been implemented yet. It applies to more than just lands.
Existenz81

Postby sheriffharry » 16 Jan 2018, 22:19

Hello,

I'm running Xmage 1.4.27 on Windows 10. Everything was perfect with 1.4.26.

With the new Xmage, all is ok, except when I start a game, I don't get a window (to accept other players). The game is registered in the list but I cannot start it. All other windows (when quitting for example) show up as usual.

Also the chat engine is not working.

Weird....
sheriffharry

Postby sheriffharry » 16 Jan 2018, 22:42

UPDATE: I can start games when starting the Client with "java -jar XMageLauncher-0.3.8.jar" but still not working with the 2 .bat files.
sheriffharry

Postby Revotor » 17 Jan 2018, 05:35

I think Blood Sun is bugged. I've been experimenting, and Lands still enter the battlefield tapped with Blood Sun Active. According to the rules, lands should not enter the battlefield tapped if it is one of their abilities while Blood Sun is on board.

Hope you can get this fixed, I am so grateful for the work you do.

We know about it but it hasn't been implemented yet. It applies to more than just lands.
Revotor

Next

Return to XMage