It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:26

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.27 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.27 SOFTWARE

Postby brazen101 » 17 Feb 2018, 21:33

The software is not allowing me to log in to xmage and when I make a new account it does not send me an activation email, and then when I try to connect to the server it says the account must be registered.
brazen101

Postby Morgormir » 18 Feb 2018, 18:48

Hello, first I wanted to thank all the developers for making such an excellent program, allowing us to playtest pet decks without having to sell our body parts on the black market.

Having said that I just wanted to mention that the interaction between Force of Will and Snapcaster Mage is illegal and broken. I can play snapcaster mage, target force of will as per the flashback ability on snapcaster mage, and then cast force of will using alternative costs, something that is illegal. I haven't tested it out with Daze or other cards with alternate casting costs as of this message, but I think they are both worth looking into.

LevelX: I redesigned Flashback. The problems will be fixed with the next update.
Morgormir

Postby frostownik » 19 Feb 2018, 19:36

Playing an M12 limited tournament with AI.
Noticed that Xathrid Gorgon's ability does not work in full (it lacks the Arrest clause of activated abilities) - the opponent used the ability to put a counter on the Gorgon itself, which did make her an artifact creature with defender, but they still could use the ability next turn, turning a Liliana's Shade into a blocker that could still pump itself.
Also, is there a way to show that something is colorless (the Gorgon's ability turns creatures colorless)? A reminder text for permanents that are specifically colorless (like the Devoid keyword) would be cool.
frostownik

Postby shinsenai » 19 Feb 2018, 23:42

Hi, sorry if this is a known problem, I searched the forum and I found it reported in 2015, but it doesn't seem to be fixed yet (or I don't understand how it works). When I cast Engineered Explosives using dual lands, I cannot declare the Sunburst colours I want to use from each land, which can results in an incorrect number of counters. For example if I cast it with X=2 and pay with two Hollowed Fountains, I get always only one counter instead of two. Thanks!
shinsenai

Postby gcb » 20 Feb 2018, 12:04

shinsenai wrote:Hi, sorry if this is a known problem, I searched the forum and I found it reported in 2015, but it doesn't seem to be fixed yet (or I don't understand how it works). When I cast Engineered Explosives using dual lands, I cannot declare the Sunburst colours I want to use from each land, which can results in an incorrect number of counters. For example if I cast it with X=2 and pay with two Hollowed Fountains, I get always only one counter instead of two. Thanks!
You can work around this by tapping the lands in advance, which lets you select the mana color to add. The mana will be added to your mana pool and you can use it to pay by pressing the mana symbols under your profile pic.

frostownik wrote:Playing an M12 limited tournament with AI.
Noticed that Xathrid Gorgon's ability does not work in full (it lacks the Arrest clause of activated abilities) - the opponent used the ability to put a counter on the Gorgon itself, which did make her an artifact creature with defender, but they still could use the ability next turn, turning a Liliana's Shade into a blocker that could still pump itself.
Also, is there a way to show that something is colorless (the Gorgon's ability turns creatures colorless)? A reminder text for permanents that are specifically colorless (like the Devoid keyword) would be cool.
In the tooltip that shows up for the respective card, its current color should be included as colored "dots" next to the card type (something similar to the dot on Pact of Negation, etc.) Not sure whether colorless has a separate dot or is indicated by the lack of one.
Last edited by gcb on 20 Feb 2018, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
gcb

Postby Dopella » 20 Feb 2018, 14:46

Since when does f9 skip attack step? It's been like that for a couple patches now, so it's not a bug. It hasn't been like that before, could you revert that to how it's been? Forgive me if I sound mad, but why do you keep fixing things that aren't broken?
Dopella

Postby karpidis » 21 Feb 2018, 06:58

I am not sure that is a bug but as I keep record of my games I have won toss in 55 games the last 2 days (that I keep record) 7 times. I am sure with 50% percent it would normal to have 17 or 20 but 7 is too low. I was curious so I started to ask people about their system. 4 times that I've asked and I had won, it was against ubuntu system (as I run also ubuntu). So I think the random function runs a little bit different that finally makes ubuntu users to lose much more often in toss.
karpidis

Postby cptawesome » 21 Feb 2018, 17:54

I used hunt the weak on Ranging Raptors to fight Dinosaur Hunter. The Dinosaur Hunter ability got trigged, I think it shouldn't have, since fight abilitys are not combat damage.

See here:
https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Fight
701.11d The damage dealt when a creature fights isn’t combat damage.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.27V4b
cptawesome

Postby illuknisaa » 21 Feb 2018, 21:59

1.Stifle has wrong card text. In game stifle says "counter target spell or ability". It should say counter target triggered or activated ability.

2. I controll Liliana, Defiant Necromancer (origin Liliana, Heretical Healer). Opp exiled it with Ashen Rider's etb ability but liliana still ended in my gy.

3. Sometimes Dance of the Dead just randomly falls off after I cast a creature.
illuknisaa

Postby maguerix » 22 Feb 2018, 13:12

1-When using Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx ability to generate mana = devotion, this ability is not counting the CMC of transformed permanents (Ex: Nissa, Sage Animist).

2-Cards like Humility and Overwhelming Splendor doesn't take off the abilities that triggers on cast.
maguerix

Postby frostownik » 22 Feb 2018, 15:49

maguerix wrote:1-When using Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx ability to generate mana = devotion, this ability is not counting the CMC of transformed permanents (Ex: Nissa, Sage Animist).

2-Cards like Humility and Overwhelming Splendor doesn't take off the abilities that triggers on cast.
Both of these are correct as per Magic rules.
1) With dual-faced cards, the back face (e.g. a Nissa, Sage Animist) does not have a mana cost, but its converted mana cost is 3, based on the front face (i.e. Nissa, Vastwood Seer, which costs 2G). Mana cost is used to calculate devotion, so when Nykthos looks at Nissa, Sage Animist, it sees 0 green mana symbols.

2) Humility only affects creatures (type of permanent), and cast triggers are abilities of a creature spell that's on the stack.

---
Puppet Conjurer has an error in its in-game rules text - the actual card says "At the beginning of YOUR upkeep, sacrifice a Homunculus.", while in XMage it says and works "at the beginning of EACH PLAYER'S upkeep"
frostownik

Postby frostownik » 22 Feb 2018, 16:22

cptawesome wrote:I used hunt the weak on Ranging Raptors to fight Dinosaur Hunter. The Dinosaur Hunter ability got trigged, I think it shouldn't have, since fight abilitys are not combat damage.

See here:
https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Fight
701.11d The damage dealt when a creature fights isn’t combat damage.
Dinosaur Hunter says "Whenever Dinosaur Hunter deals damage to a Dinosaur, destroy that creature.", no mention of combat damage at all ;)
frostownik

Postby maguerix » 22 Feb 2018, 17:53

frostownik wrote:
maguerix wrote:1-When using Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx ability to generate mana = devotion, this ability is not counting the CMC of transformed permanents (Ex: Nissa, Sage Animist).

Both of these are correct as per Magic rules.
1) With dual-faced cards, the back face (e.g. a Nissa, Sage Animist) does not have a mana cost, but its converted mana cost is 3, based on the front face (i.e. Nissa, Vastwood Seer, which costs 2G). Mana cost is used to calculate devotion, so when Nykthos looks at Nissa, Sage Animist, it sees 0 green mana symbols.

2) Humility only affects creatures (type of permanent), and cast triggers are abilities of a creature spell that's on the stack.

Ok, I understand (1) but (2) the situation was: Opponent cast Overwhelming Splendor pass the turn, I play a land and cast ulamog than nothing happens, same with oblivion sower. Since both are efects not abilities, they shoud have triggered.
---
Puppet Conjurer has an error in its in-game rules text - the actual card says "At the beginning of YOUR upkeep, sacrifice a Homunculus.", while in XMage it says and works "at the beginning of EACH PLAYER'S upkeep"
maguerix

Postby Haruchan » 22 Feb 2018, 19:46

City of Solitude prevents me from using Mind's Eye, even though Mind's Eye is not an activated ability.

LevelX: How do you produce the {1} to pay?
Because: 10/1/2009: City of Solitude stops players from activating mana abilities.
So probably City of Solitude prevents you from producing mana and not the triggering of Mind's Eye.
Haruchan

Postby Fieldsweeper » 24 Feb 2018, 10:17

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD

FIX THIS SHIT

https://prnt.sc/ij2oaf

IT HAS BEEN THIS WAY FOR OVER A YEAR. AND SEVERAL IF NOT DOZENS OF PEOPLE I KNOW FOR A FACT HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT.

It is something to do with the way you have the screen being drawn. especially when it comes to having the pop up windows that for exiled cards seem to need to always be there and not a closable area like the graveyard etc. just a minimizing tab. when interacting with other windows is when it seems to happen the most.

sometimes for no reason though, it happens every single game nearly every time. this has happened to me on several computers, 2 desktops and 1 laptop.

one of those computers has had different hardware in it over that time period and as been completely wiped at least once.

both having different brand GPU's all three have tried using the java you install with it, and only that, or starting using the java's most recent release. to no avail. its highly annoying. it has costed some lost games due to the fact the only remedy is to force close and NOT click the ok button to close. and opening back up, 80% of the time it will reconnect, occasionally it wont and you auto lose the game. also sometimes it freezes the game for a good 2 mins before anyone can do anything, in which case any clicks or button presses are all sent immediately which causes all sorts of skips of effects etc.

Having been patient before posting on github thinking maybe a few updates it wopuld be fine. i know before it started happening i was playing fine for a very long time so some update or change broke it.

https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/1514

https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/2166

FUCKING APRIL OF 2016 2 DAMN YEARS. too long to have
Fieldsweeper

PreviousNext

Return to XMage