It is currently 01 Oct 2020, 13:53

Text Size

Help connecting through proxy

by BetaSteward

Moderators: TheElk801, BetaSteward, LevelX, North, noxx, JayDi, jeffwadsworth, CCGHQ Admins

Help connecting through proxy

Postby kingtk3 » 31 Jan 2018, 09:45

Hi all,
I would like to login to Xmage during lunch break, but in my office we use a proxy and I cannot find a way to configure it properly since I always get the message "Unable to connect to server. Server is likely offline".

When I'm at home it works normally, so I think the issue is related to the proxy.

In the Preferences->Connection tab I filled the fields with the HTTP server, port, usr and pwd which I use to connect my browser, but it doesn't work for Xmage.

Can someone help me please?
kingtk3

Re: Help connecting through proxy

Postby WilliamThomson » 04 Sep 2020, 22:38

You should try changing the proxy.
WilliamThomson

Re: Help connecting through proxy

Postby Ogs24 » 04 Sep 2020, 22:44

That or use VPN, they are getting really cheap now. Good thing about them is that a lot of people are sponsoring them now and you can find some really great offers on them. I used a code for some youtuber on Nordvpn and it is much cheaper. The only proxy I use is one of the list of proxies for pirate bay that you can find on avoidcensorship.org. It is really nice to have a website that can help you unblock pirate bay all the time. We all know how they are trying to block it all the time, well it seems that they can't really do it.
Ogs24

Return to XMage