It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:34

Text Size

New USA Based Server

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

New USA Based Server

Postby LoRdNeX » 28 Aug 2018, 16:55

I wanted to post officially here as I've already made a post in the reddit group

Just started a new server on a Hosted VPS based in Dallas, Texas and is also geoclustered in Seattle. Currently its at low specs running Windows Server 2016 with a single processor core and 1 gig of ram. Also running a website, forum, and TeamSpeak 3 server, and SQL Database. Network connection speed tops anything I've ever came close too as well.

The server is in a hypervisor so it'll scale as needed. I'll try and post any issues I run into and thanks for the great bit of coding!

Id post links but it says its too spammy

its the powers of war server
LoRdNeX

Re: New USA Based Server

Postby LoRdNeX » 28 Aug 2018, 17:10

Oh also, When I goto select the server from the server list (thanks for adding it by the way), it gives an error saying Wrong Data Format

From what I can tell it looks like maybe the underscore that's causing it?
LoRdNeX

Re: New USA Based Server

Postby LoRdNeX » 01 Oct 2018, 07:22

I upped the RAM on the host to 2 gigs. JVM seems to run around 1 gig or so @ peak load and so far everything is smooth with V4.

Prior to V4, I had been getting a lot of errors. As in, disconnected users still in the list, Users connecting and not seeing any tables or other connected users, users who are connected not getting updates or seeing new users or tables, and random card failures that seemed to lock or crash the server.

I'm guessing the later is issues with card loops in some of the new sets

Thanks again and I'll try and post further updates when I can

http://www.powersofwar.com
LoRdNeX

Return to XMage