It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:16

Text Size

Card Swapping

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Card Swapping

Postby TheDeathryder » 05 Oct 2018, 03:24

This has been an issue for several months, but now it's actually breaking some of my decks. With some older cards, when you save a deck that has the card in it, it will register as a different card when you actually try to play the deck. This issue is particularly apparent when trying to play with cards printed around Tempest and Urza blocks. Most of the time just switching to a more recent printing of the card fixes the issue, but in the cases of cards that have only been printed once, you just can't use the deck with that card in it.

I am now trying to test a commander deck, but when I try to play it, I get an error that I can't have Balduvian War-Makers in the deck. That card isn't in the deck list. It was never added to it, nor saved to it, but XMage insists that it's there. When I originally tried to play this deck with the old card arts, it gave me several cards that were errored like this, updating to newer printings (mostly VMA) got rid of all but this last one. The problem is that there are now only 4 cards left that could be causing the trigger, but each has only ever been printed once in the history of Magic. Those cards are Reconnaissance, Nature's Chosen, Calming Verse, and Earthcraft.

After a process of elimination, I have found Nature's Chosen to be the bugged card. Unfortunately for me, that means I simply can't use it at all until this bug is fixed. As someone who likes to use old cards, and appreciates the original artworks on them, I would greatly appreciate it if the devs could look into this issue. I can provide multiple affected deck files.
TheDeathryder

Re: Card Swapping

Postby gcb » 05 Oct 2018, 08:12

Are you updated to the latest version? There have been some changes to the numbering of old sets so it synchronizes better with Scryfall image downloads.
gcb

Postby TheDeathryder » 06 Oct 2018, 04:40

Yes, and this problem has been an issue through several version updates now. Probably started 3-4 months ago, at least that's when I noticed it.
TheDeathryder

Postby TheDeathryder » 07 Oct 2018, 03:27

Also, it's not the art being swapped (like Dark Ritual showing on Mishra's Bauble) but the entire card. When I'm in the deck editor, I search the card I want, add it to the list, it shows the correct art and rules text when I scroll over it. When I go to play it, that card has been swapped entirely with a completely different card, art, rules text and all.
TheDeathryder

Return to XMage