It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:20

Text Size

Does Xmage use a separate copy of Java?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Does Xmage use a separate copy of Java?

Postby Althuna » 02 Dec 2018, 15:59

I love Malwarebytes but it blocks everything Xmage wants to do. I can play fine if I turn it off but I don't like doing that. I can also add the Xmage folder to exemptions which half works, but it still blocks outbound stuff from Java.

I think if I made Java an exception, xmage would work fully without having to disable malwarebytes. But I am not sure if Xmage is using my usual Java install or has its own version hidden somewhere?
Althuna

Re: Does Xmage use a separate copy of Java?

Postby Althuna » 03 Dec 2018, 01:23

Yep it works! \o/

If anyone else wants to know. The game installs to whatever folder you pick, into a sub folder called xmage. But next to that is also an install of java. If you add an exception for that, the whole game can run without turning anything off.
Althuna

Re: Does Xmage use a separate copy of Java?

Postby JayDi » 03 Dec 2018, 12:19

Althuna wrote:Yep it works! \o/

If anyone else wants to know. The game installs to whatever folder you pick, into a sub folder called xmage. But next to that is also an install of java. If you add an exception for that, the whole game can run without turning anything off.
1. XMage's launcher uses default java from system;
2. XMage's client and server apps uses downloaded java from "xmage\java" folder.
JayDi

Return to XMage