It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:59

Text Size

I am creating a custom MTG set. How can I get it into XMAGE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

I am creating a custom MTG set. How can I get it into XMAGE

Postby ProBonoGigolo » 06 Dec 2018, 06:16

Any advice on implementing these cards into xmage?
I worked very hard on this set (it is on par with an official MTG set, lore, graphics, new mechanics, etc..)
I imagine someone will need to do the coding? Will xmage even allow this?
Anyone savvy on the actual operations of xmage, is this even possible?
ProBonoGigolo

Re: I am creating a custom MTG set. How can I get it into XM

Postby JayDi » 15 Dec 2018, 22:43

Yes, xmage supports custom sets and cards (you can use existing abilities or create newly implemented from scratch) -- see example with Star Wars. If people or someone wanted to implement it in xmage then he can do it and send by github. It's will be added to released version.
JayDi

Postby Malficar » 02 Jan 2019, 02:11

JayDi wrote:Yes, xmage supports custom sets and cards (you can use existing abilities or create newly implemented from scratch) -- see example with Star Wars. If people or someone wanted to implement it in xmage then he can do it and send by github. It's will be added to released version.
Does the set need to be any good? I am making one as well, but unlike the OP it was more of a messy hobby than it was a coherent design, I tried to make is as balanced as a normal MTG set, also I don't have much experience in programming so I don't exactly know how I would create my own abilities in this.

The primary question though is does the set need to mimic a real set enough that you can't tell the difference too easily?
Malficar

Postby JayDi » 02 Jan 2019, 02:41

Malficar wrote:
JayDi wrote:Yes, xmage supports custom sets and cards (you can use existing abilities or create newly implemented from scratch) -- see example with Star Wars. If people or someone wanted to implement it in xmage then he can do it and send by github. It's will be added to released version.
Does the set need to be any good? I am making one as well, but unlike the OP it was more of a messy hobby than it was a coherent design, I tried to make is as balanced as a normal MTG set, also I don't have much experience in programming so I don't exactly know how I would create my own abilities in this.

The primary question though is does the set need to mimic a real set enough that you can't tell the difference too easily?
Nope, custom sets can contains any cards or abilities (new abilities must be compatible with mtg rules/logic -- developer's help can be founded in gitter or github). You can create your own set and test it with AI or with friends (e.g. balance test). BUT if you want to add it to official xmage then that's set must be completed and works well without errors.
JayDi

Return to XMage