It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:27

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.35 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.35 SOFTWARE

Postby JayDi » 23 Apr 2019, 22:05

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.35 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. Please report those card requests here:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19067

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
Look here before you post and describe a problem. Often the problems are already fixed and you only have to wait for the next update. If your problem is already mentioned as solved, there is no need to post it in this thread again.
See here: https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/Features-and-fixes-not-released-yet
JayDi

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.35 SOFTWARE

Postby Hoac » 24 Apr 2019, 11:45

Niv-Mizzet Reborn's trigger does not work properly. In its current version I was able to choose monocolored cards, like Teferi, Temporal Archmage, and they were put into my hand. E.g., for every colour combination that contained a blue mana symbol, I was allowed to pick a monocoloured blue card as a valid target. The same is true for all other colours.

Fixed.
Hoac

Postby KingCWaffa » 24 Apr 2019, 18:39

Greenwarden of Murasa was able to return itself on the death trigger in a game of commander. He was targetting the Greenwarden with the return ability, and when it resolves it returns the Greenwarden from exile. This should not be the case.

Fixed
KingCWaffa

Postby faso » 24 Apr 2019, 21:37

Command the Dreadhorde seems bugged. When i cast it, a message appeared about lands you cannot target.

EDIT: there was Tomik in play under the control of the opponent.

The issue was with Tomik, Distinguished Advokist. Fixed.
faso

Postby faanta » 25 Apr 2019, 07:04

I had a bug with Feather, the Redeemed. The "exile, then return to hand"-trigger worked fine with my spells, but it also returned a spell an opponent cast to their hand.

To be more precise, I cast a spell (Sheltering Light), targeting one of my creatures. Then the opponent cast Back to Nature. There was no additional trigger from Feather on the stack, but on resolution, Back to Nature was put into the exile-zone and returned to the opponent's hand at end of turn.

Edit: I also get some spells back to hand that don't target my creatures. For example I cast a Comet Storm with 1 kicker targeting two of my opponents, but at end of turn I get it back.

Edit 2: I ALSO get a spell back when I cast it and Feather isn't in play anymore. It was a spell I cast on a previous turn when Feather was in play.

I tested each scenario and it all worked as it should. Perhaps you can make a video of your experience.
faanta

Postby siyiye » 25 Apr 2019, 13:08

Jace, Wielder of Mysteries

top deck =-1,i can't win!

Code: Select all
Game exception occurred: java.util.NoSuchElementException
Server version: 1.4.35V1 (build: 2019-04-24 19:17)
java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source)
java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
mage.cards.g.GodEternalKefnetDrawCardReplacementEffect.applies(GodEternalKefnet.java:130)
mage.abilities.effects.ContinuousEffects.getApplicableReplacementEffects(ContinuousEffects.java:346)
mage.abilities.effects.ContinuousEffects.replaceEvent(ContinuousEffects.java:748)
mage.game.GameState.replaceEvent(GameState.java:713)
mage.game.GameState.replaceEvent(GameState.java:706)
mage.game.GameImpl.replaceEvent(GameImpl.java:2602)
mage.actions.MageDrawAction.drawCard(MageDrawAction.java:85)
mage.actions.MageDrawAction.doAction(MageDrawAction.java:52)
mage.game.GameImpl.doAction(GameImpl.java:2901)
mage.players.PlayerImpl.drawCards(PlayerImpl.java:637)
mage.abilities.effects.common.DrawCardSourceControllerEffect.apply(DrawCardSourceControllerEffect.java:56)
mage.abilities.AbilityImpl.resolveMode(AbilityImpl.java:176)
mage.abilities.AbilityImpl.resolve(AbilityImpl.java:166)
mage.game.stack.Spell.resolve(Spell.java:220)
mage.game.GameImpl.resolve(GameImpl.java:1319)
mage.game.GameImpl.playPriority(GameImpl.java:1269)
mage.game.turn.Step.priority(Step.java:61)
mage.game.turn.Phase.playStep(Phase.java:184)
mage.game.turn.Phase.play(Phase.java:89)
mage.game.turn.Turn.play(Turn.java:127)
mage.game.GameImpl.playTurn(GameImpl.java:850)
mage.game.GameImpl.play(GameImpl.java:759)
mage.game.GameImpl.start(GameImpl.java:723)
mage.server.game.GameWorker.call(GameWorker.java:34)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Fixed.
Attachments
111.png
siyiye

Postby grlica » 25 Apr 2019, 21:28

This keeps happening when i try to launch
(translating portuguese part: Error: unable to find nor load main class mage.server.Main)
Attachments
Screenshot_7.png
grlica

Postby faanta » 26 Apr 2019, 10:12

faanta wrote:I had a bug with Feather, the Redeemed. The "exile, then return to hand"-trigger worked fine with my spells, but it also returned a spell an opponent cast to their hand.

To be more precise, I cast a spell (Sheltering Light), targeting one of my creatures. Then the opponent cast Back to Nature. There was no additional trigger from Feather on the stack, but on resolution, Back to Nature was put into the exile-zone and returned to the opponent's hand at end of turn.

Edit: I also get some spells back to hand that don't target my creatures. For example I cast a Comet Storm with 1 kicker targeting two of my opponents, but at end of turn I get it back.

Edit 2: I ALSO get a spell back when I cast it and Feather isn't in play anymore. It was a spell I cast on a previous turn when Feather was in play.

I tested each scenario and it all worked as it should. Perhaps you can make a video of your experience.
I tried it again, a spell (Balduvian Rage) not targeting one of my creatures (Heliod) is returned to my hand (there was also no Feather-trigger). That spell was cast targeting my creature on a previous turn. I suppose it just kept the "goes to exile, then to hand"-part.

Code: Select all
11:59: faanta attacks with 1 creature
11:59: faanta announces a value of 1 for 
11:59: faanta casts Balduvian Rage [b60] targeting Feather, the Redeemed [e37]
11:59: Ability triggers: Feather, the Redeemed [e37] - Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets a creature you control, exile that card instead of putting it into your graveyard as it resolves. If you do, return it to your hand at the beginning of the next end step.
11:59: faanta moves Balduvian Rage [b60] from stack to the exile zone
11:59: Attacked player: h
11:59: Attacker: Feather, the Redeemed [e37] (4/4) unblocked
11:59: h loses 4 life
11:59: Feather, the Redeemed [e37] did 4 combat damage to h during the game.
11:59: Ability triggers: Feather, the Redeemed [e37] - At the beginning of the next end step, return Balduvian Rage to its owner's hand.
11:59: faanta puts Balduvian Rage [b60] from exile zone into their hand
11:59: Turn 16 t (41 - 40 - 40 - 34)
... (nothing relevant)
11:59: Turn 17 h (41 - 45 - 40 - 34)
11:59: h draws a card
11:59: h casts Elspeth, Sun's Champion [e83]
11:59: h puts Elspeth, Sun's Champion [e83] from stack onto the Battlefield
11:59: h activates: create three 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens. from Elspeth, Sun's Champion [e83]
11:59: h creates a Soldier [5a7] token
11:59: h creates a Soldier [f24] token
11:59: h creates a Soldier [a6e] token
12:00: h attacks with 1 creature
12:00: faanta announces a value of 0 for 
12:00: faanta casts Balduvian Rage [b60] targeting Heliod, God of the Sun [1b6]
12:00: faanta moves Balduvian Rage [b60] from stack to the exile zone
12:00: Attacked player: e
12:00: Attacker: Heliod, God of the Sun [1b6] (5/6) unblocked
12:00: e loses 5 life
12:00: Heliod, God of the Sun [1b6] did 5 combat damage to e during the game.
12:00: Ability triggers: Feather, the Redeemed [e37] - At the beginning of the next end step, return Balduvian Rage to its owner's hand.
12:00: faanta puts Balduvian Rage [b60] from exile zone into their hand
I also tried targeting an opponent's creature with a spell again, this time it was put into the graveyard as it should.

I am unable to recreate your example. It worked fine. Proof below.
Attachments
proof.jpg
Example of my test. Worked in this case.
faanta

Postby Rainheart » 26 Apr 2019, 12:18

It's difficult to see which revealed cards correspond to the tokens of Ugin, the Ineffable; the ID points to Ugin, the Ineffable, it would be better if it would point to the tokens themselves. Also if you close the window of the revealed card it's impossible to bring it back.

Look for this enhancement in the next release.
Rainheart

Postby VeryBadAtMTG » 26 Apr 2019, 16:19

Will Kenrith's -2 and +2 don't work properly. The +2 only stays activated until what seems to be your next opponent's next turn. Also, Will's -2 stayed active even though I used it on my last turn after using Time Stretch.

The fix submitted for duration.UntilEndOfNextTurn should resolve this issue.
Last edited by VeryBadAtMTG on 27 Apr 2019, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
VeryBadAtMTG

Postby copperfield » 27 Apr 2019, 02:23

Hello, I would like to report a bug with Feather, the Redeemed.
While testing a deck against the AI, the computer Swords to Plowshares my Feather, in response I use Bandage, so far so good, the issue come later, I play that same Bandage on my Young Pyromancer without Feather on the battlefield and I still got Bandage back.

EDIT: In another game, the AI play Crushing Vines to destroy an indestructible Feather (with Sheltering Light) and get it back

A fix submitted for removing continuous effects from the game (they would linger) should resolve this issue.
copperfield

Postby faanta » 27 Apr 2019, 16:21

There's a bug with Dreadhorde Invasion: My opponent has the enchantment on the battlefield, but when I attack with a 6/6 Zombie token, it gains lifelink.

Fixed in the next release.
faanta

Postby faanta » 27 Apr 2019, 16:43

copperfield wrote:Hello, I would like to report a bug with Feather, the Redeemed.
While testing a deck against the AI, the computer Swords to Plowshares my Feather, in response I use Bandage, so far so good, the issue come later, I play that same Bandage on my Young Pyromancer without Feather on the battlefield and I still got Bandage back.
That's what I meant in my examples above. When you first use a spell on your own creature with Feather around it's fine. But when you use that same spell later on an opposing creature or when Feather is not around, it still gets exiled and returns to hand.
My guess is that the card "remembers" the Feather-trigger somehow.

EDIT: To support my guess: With Rest in peace in play, this dialog box shows up after casting a spell for the third time (all 3 replacement effects are the same)

This should be fine now that effects do not linger. Included in next update.
Attachments
feather.PNG
feather.PNG (9.92 KiB) Viewed 4208 times
faanta

Postby Rainheart » 28 Apr 2019, 14:55

Rainheart wrote:It's difficult to see which revealed cards correspond to the tokens of Ugin, the Ineffable; the ID points to Ugin, the Ineffable, it would be better if it would point to the tokens themselves. Also if you close the window of the revealed card it's impossible to bring it back.

Looking into this enhancement.
Related issue, when you make multiple tokens the previous revealed card disappears.

All fixed. In the next release.
Rainheart

Postby faanta » 28 Apr 2019, 18:39

Defiant Strike can be cast without a target.

I am unable to recreate this issue. Works fine here.
faanta

Next

Return to XMage