It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:17

Text Size

Is Xmage extremely slow at times outside of EU/USA?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Is Xmage extremely slow at times outside of EU/USA?

Postby sluttyindian » 26 Feb 2020, 22:59

My partner and I are playing from Australia with a fast connection (not by worldly standards but by Australian standards :P) and some games just grind to a halt. I have increased the maximum memory of the client to 2GB, so that is definitely not the cause.

I use both EU and USA servers and was chatting to someone saying that his games were fast prior to our 3 man we had. Our ping was ~222ms and was basically too slow to play. (Actions took 5-6 seconds to take effect)

The weird thing is that this doesn't happen all the time, however are we just too far away from both servers to play? It saddens me if that is the case because we will have to resort to MTGO, our playgroup in RL is non-existent.

Last night I tried hosting a server from my PC and it was lighting quick for the both of us, despite my partner's ping being ~222ms again.

At wits end here and dont really know if there is anything that can be done, just wanted to get some opinions/experiences from other Xmage users outside of EU/USA.
sluttyindian

Re: Is Xmage extremely slow at times outside of EU/USA?

Postby JayDi » 26 Feb 2020, 23:36

Enter chat command "/pings" to see players ping in game. Real game ping is sum of all pings from all players and watchers.

Try to use other servers like china.
JayDi

Return to XMage