It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:18

Text Size

Using Vivien, Arkbow Ranger in a Commander game

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Using Vivien, Arkbow Ranger in a Commander game

Postby Om3gam4n » 23 May 2020, 19:13

Greetings friends,

This is my first time using a forum, so please be patient. I am also fairly new to Xmage, but am loving the freedom to experiment with decks and have fun.

Here's what I can't figure out:

I want to use [Vivien, Arkbow Ranger] in my commander games, but I don't know how to set up my deck to use her "ult."

[−5]: You may choose a creature card you own from outside the game, reveal it, and put it into your hand.

1. How do I make a deck with creatures that are outside the game? (When I add extra creatures to my sideboard it becomes an invalid commander deck)
2. When I use her ult without extra creatures in my deck, an error message comes up saying "you have no creatures from outside the game."

Help?

Thanks so much!

O
Om3gam4n

Re: Using Vivien, Arkbow Ranger in a Commander game

Postby Zirnike » 26 May 2020, 02:19

There's no 'outside the game' for commander. Wish effects are legal, but don't do anything. So you can use the ability, but there's essentially nothing to 'target' with the effect.
Zirnike

Return to XMage