It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:51

Text Size

Windows 11 Display Errors

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Windows 11 Display Errors

Postby Legioned » 08 Mar 2022, 21:18

Hopefully someone else has run into this:
I have recently gotten a new computer preloaded with Windows 11. When I run XMage, sometimes, things are smooth. However, sometimes during the game it will load duplicate images of the screen, 2 or 3, in the bottom half, or lower right quadrant of the screen. Seeing the original screen, my hand, the stack becomes impossible - though I can click buttons, guess where the progress phase buttons are, etc. Is this a known issue? Anyone know a fix? Is it java related? Display option related?

Thanks in advance.
Legioned

Re: Windows 11 Display Errors

Postby Legioned » 14 Mar 2022, 01:10

For a record in posterity: here is an image of what the error looks like: https://i.postimg.cc/76gtPWZf/92559-AA7 ... E2-E00.png
Legioned

Postby blaurelena » 17 Oct 2023, 14:56

I'm not running the Windows 11 2022 update just yet, but I've been reading up on all the new features, and I'm pretty excited about them. The Start menu folders sound like they'll help me keep my desktop clutter in check, and who doesn't love a little extra organization, right?
blaurelena

Postby davidsony » 17 Oct 2023, 14:58

I'm really curious about the Smart App control too – it seems like it could be a game-changer for accessibility. As someone who relies on captions and voice access features, it's heartwarming to see Microsoft making strides in that direction. And that Microsoft Defender SmartScreen feature? That's some next-level security right there! Anything that helps protect our credentials and data is a win in my book. I'd love to hear from those of you who have already made the leap and updated your system. Personally, for my upgrade, I found everything I needed here https://www.reddit.com. But maybe you also have something to recommend. Any quirks or standout features you've discovered?
davidsony

Postby Skewbald » 25 Oct 2023, 03:36

The issue you're experiencing with XMage on your new computer running Windows 11 could be caused by various factors. It's difficult to pinpoint the exact cause without more information or access to your computer. However, here are a few potential solutions you can try:

1. Update Java: Ensure that you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. XMage relies on Java, and updating to the latest version may help resolve compatibility issues.

2. Graphics driver update: Check if there are any updates available for your graphics driver. Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause display issues.

3. Compatibility mode: Right-click on the XMage application icon, select "Properties," and navigate to the "Compatibility" tab. Enable compatibility mode for a previous version of Windows (e.g., Windows 10) and see if it resolves the display problem.

4. Run XMage with administrator privileges: Right-click on the XMage application icon and select "Run as administrator." Running XMage with elevated privileges may help address certain display issues.

5. Adjust XMage display settings: Within the XMage application, look for any display or graphics settings that may be causing conflicts. Experiment with different resolutions, display modes, or graphics options to see if it improves the performance.

6. Reach out to XMage community support: Visit the XMage community forums or support channels to see if other users have encountered a similar issue or if there are any specific fixes available.

Those are everything that I can find
A happy life consists in the tranquility of mind
Skewbald

Return to XMage