It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:15

Text Size

Bug Reports

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports

Postby eurekafag » 11 Mar 2012, 00:06

1) AIMinimax.properties should be moved to client/lib/ from client/plugins/ or else playing with AI is impossible (Error joining table).
2) I'm starting the game with AI, taking a mulligan once and then keep the hand. A crash occures and game logic doesn't work anymore: http://pastebin.com/WPmbZpj9 Looks like it also crashes if I refuse to take mulligan but somehow once I get to play. It also doesn't happen when I run a standalone server.
3) If I disconnect, the match persists and I can't join back under the same name (not the case for a standalone server nevertheless I can't continue the game, see below).
4) If I accidently press the "Games" button while dueling I'm kicked out of the game without any confirmation and can only join as a watcher. I found no way to rejoin as a player.
5) Annoying "Unsupported operation: use addAbility instead" bug that was mentioned before popped up in my first game against the AI and AI played a card which triggered that. So I've had no other options but to quit. Definitely ruins the gameplay out of a sudden and should be fixed ASAP with the bundle updated.
6) Turning off tooltips in the preferences has partial effect. Tooltips are still shown on opponents cards. I'd like to turn them off completely since I'm fine with the text on the cards.

It looks like client-only setup isn't tested enough because most of bugs described doesn't occur when using a separately started server. The problem is this statement in the readme.txt: "Since version 0.8.2 there is no need to start server to play versus AI." And all these bugs happen when trying to follow this advice. The game is also a bit sloppy, AI thinks a lot and drawing arrows is pretty slow. Maybe it's because of my current system (Celeron 1.86 GHz, 1Gb RAM, Intel GM965, Ubuntu 10.04, OpenJDK 6b20), I'll try later on a faster PC. Anyway, this is a great game. I didn't find another free MTG game with rules enforcement, multiplayer, AI and this many cards implemented. Awesome work, indeed.
eurekafag

Postby jeffwadsworth » 16 Mar 2012, 22:27

The MAD AI pumped its Water Servant with +1/-1 until it died.
The MAD AI was using a Heavy Arbalest. The "does not untap" effect appears to stick to the first creature that gets equipped. When the artifact equipment was attached to another creature, it untapped fine, while the original creature stayed tapped.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby peachz » 22 Mar 2012, 09:17

Bitterblossom error on first ability.

Game exception occurred: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unsupported operation: use addAbility(Ability ability, Game game) instead
Server version: 0.8.3
mage.game.permanent.PermanentImpl.addAbility(PermanentImpl.java:163)
mage.game.permanent.PermanentToken.copyFromToken(PermanentToken.java:72)
mage.game.permanent.PermanentToken.<init>(PermanentToken.java:52)
mage.game.permanent.token.Token.putOntoBattlefield(Token.java:98)
mage.abilities.effects.common.CreateTokenEffect.apply(CreateTokenEffect.java:77)
mage.abilities.AbilityImpl.resolve(AbilityImpl.java:146)
mage.abilities.TriggeredAbilityImpl.resolve(TriggeredAbilityImpl.java:96)
mage.game.stack.StackAbility.resolve(StackAbility.java:90)
mage.game.GameImpl.resolve(GameImpl.java:676)
mage.game.GameImpl.playPriority(GameImpl.java:639)
mage.game.turn.Step.priority(Step.java:87)
mage.game.turn.Phase.playStep(Phase.java:176)
mage.game.turn.Phase.play(Phase.java:109)
mage.game.turn.Turn.play(Turn.java:121)
mage.game.GameImpl.play(GameImpl.java:413)
mage.game.GameImpl.start(GameImpl.java:378)
mage.game.GameImpl.start(GameImpl.java:369)
mage.server.game.GameWorker.call(GameWorker.java:58)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Attachments
bitterblossomcrash.png
peachz

Postby noxx » 26 Mar 2012, 05:38

peachz> Thanks. Bug was fixed, I've checked - Bitterblossom will work since 0.8.4.
noxx
DEVELOPER

Postby laxika » 26 Mar 2012, 22:48

Version: 8.3
System: Win Vis

Error: Clicked 7 times on "Yes" at mulligan. After that everything stopped working, needed to restart the client. Can't concede, disconnect or do anything.

Stack Trace:

pastebin(dot)com/py6qzeRf

Error 2: I get a popup (MAGE Client UI Error) after clicking no on image downloading. If I not tick auto connect on it's not happening. Auto connect ip is on localhost, maybe that's the problem.

Stack Trace:

pastebin(dot)com/ufev8nQJ

Cant post it on the normal way because I'm now registered and the board think that it's spam.

Also I don't know its a bug or something, but I got Tezzeret AoB as my 12th pick. O.o

One questation, if I code 1-2 cards correctly in my spare time and post them here, they can be added to the main branch? (Older cards what's not need any other edit just implementation.)
laxika

Postby noxx » 27 Mar 2012, 12:54

laxika »

Issue#1
was fixed in 0.8.4

Issue#2
Couldn't understand how to reproduce. Is it easy reproducable? Can you repeat a bug?

One questation, if I code 1-2 cards correctly in my spare time and post them here, they can be added to the main branch? (Older cards what's not need any other edit just implementation.)
Sure, just attach java classes here and we will include them (but make sure they are not implemented in trunk version yet)
noxx
DEVELOPER

Postby laxika » 27 Mar 2012, 15:43

noxx wrote:Issue#2
Couldn't understand how to reproduce. Is it easy reproducable? Can you repeat a bug?
Well it did this all day yesterday, but can't reproduce it today. :(

More bugs:

Mortalpod:

Game exception occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException
Server version: 0.8.3
mage.abilities.ActivatedAbilityImpl.getMessageText(ActivatedAbilityImpl.java:179)
mage.abilities.ActivatedAbilityImpl.getActivatedMessage(ActivatedAbilityImpl.java:174)
mage.players.PlayerImpl.playAbility(PlayerImpl.java:560)
mage.players.PlayerImpl.activateAbility(PlayerImpl.java:622)
mage.player.human.HumanPlayer.activateAbility(HumanPlayer.java:640)
mage.player.human.HumanPlayer.priority(HumanPlayer.java:389)
mage.game.GameImpl.playPriority(GameImpl.java:628)
mage.game.turn.Step.priority(Step.java:87)
mage.game.turn.Phase.playStep(Phase.java:176)
mage.game.turn.Phase.play(Phase.java:109)
mage.game.turn.Turn.play(Turn.java:121)
mage.game.GameImpl.play(GameImpl.java:413)
mage.game.GameImpl.start(GameImpl.java:378)
mage.game.GameImpl.start(GameImpl.java:369)
mage.server.game.GameWorker.call(GameWorker.java:58)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Sturmgeist:

It should change it's p/t when I loose or get cards, but it's not. It's stay on the same p/t when I played it. Only change at end of the turn.

1v1 game, one attacker, I blocked with 3 defenders and game stopped working. Maybe this line can help:
INFO [2012-03-27 19:45 [48:319]] CallbackClientImpl[AWT-EventQueue-0]: Game 15251c3f-1a39-430e-a338-ee12d87e2050 started for player 69b24e0d-f4fc-4598-a557-f354a8d64c27
laxika

Previous

Return to XMage