It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:48

Text Size

Missing Cards from older sets

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Missing Cards from older sets

Postby Slottedpig » 17 Mar 2023, 23:52

Hi all,

New to the forum but not MTG or xmage. Absolutely love the software thank you for everything. I do have a couple questions, how come some cards from older sets are not implemented like an example would be lava burst in ice age. I’m just curious. Also mutate, I’ve seen this talked about but are the devs actively working on implementation or is it a dead issue? Macros, dead forever or sidelined for now? Last question, how can I implement cards and do I need to know Java extensively? Thanks to the devs for everything they are doing with this software!
Slottedpig

Re: Missing Cards from older sets

Postby Slottedpig » 21 Mar 2023, 23:37

Nobody knows? Was this addressed in another forum?
Slottedpig

Postby MarkusAR » 12 Apr 2023, 19:20

You should join the XMage discord if you want quicker answers. And I most likely won't be reading this forum again in the near future either.

As for your questions:

1. Lava Burst is rough because of the unique un-redirectable damage clause. Not impossible to implement but nobody has bothered.

2. There's a relatively complete implementation of mutate as a pull request, but it's still suffering from problems with zone changes of the mutated cards, and nobody has been able to fix those.

3. No idea about macros.

4. If you're interested in development, here are some general instructions. And some instructions for implementing cards.

5. Card implementations aren't rocket science, but they're some sort of science still. You need to know java or be willing to learn.
MarkusAR

Postby wunschtaria » 21 Apr 2023, 01:23

Nobody is aware?geometry dash Was this discussed elsewhere else?
Last edited by wunschtaria on 04 Oct 2023, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
wunschtaria

Postby helendam » 31 Aug 2023, 09:14

tonyadams wrote:To implement cards in xmage you'll need a working knowledge of Java as the software is Java-based.
thanks
helendam

Postby noiaten » 02 Dec 2023, 01:45

Slottedpig wrote:Hi all,

New to the forum but not MTG or xmage. Absolutely love the software thank spacebar clicker you for everything. I do have a couple questions, how come some cards from older sets are not implemented like an example would be lava burst in ice age. I’m just curious. Also mutate, I’ve seen this talked about but are the devs actively working on implementation or is it a dead issue? Macros, dead forever or sidelined for now? Last question, how can I implement cards and do I need to know Java extensively? Thanks to the devs for everything they are doing with this software!
One cannot deny the sentimental value attached to these older sets. Each card carries a piece of gaming history, capturing the essence of a bygone era. The thrill of opening a pack and discovering a rare card from an older set is a unique experience that resonates with collectors. It's not just about the gameplay; it's about the stories and memories associated with each card.
noiaten

Postby paulsacha » 14 Dec 2023, 04:53

To master every situation and manage the appearance of tags in a flexible way, one thing is for sure, you must know Java
paulsacha

Postby thunderysizzling » 09 Jan 2024, 03:11

paulsacha wrote:To master every situation and manage the appearance of tags in a flexible way, one thing is for sure you must know Java
Tags also help you quickly both access related events and view the tag distribution for a set of events.
thunderysizzling

Postby thunderysizzling » 22 Jan 2024, 01:26

Slottedpig wrote:Nobody knows? Was this addressed in another forum?
So, yet another tiny update to HQ AI-Enhanced card pictures for Forge dinosaur game
thunderysizzling

Postby conceptpiper » 25 Mar 2024, 07:58

paulsacha wrote:To master every situation and manage the appearance of tags in a flexible way, one thing is for sure, you must know Java
It's not easy.
conceptpiper

Return to XMage