It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:14

Text Size

mage client server report

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

mage client server report

Postby hans2 » 06 May 2011, 06:12

server is somewhat buggy I see java exections and some games are crashing with server error
crashed games are not removed at table
sets should be completed with priority so e.g. mirrodin atm should be implemented
games are far too long e.g. make a done turn button so you dont need to endless click done even when you are out of options
implemention of sets should have priortity over ai as we have now a public player vs player server
I dont know server load atm but if needed how can i disable ai on server?
from programming standpoint you should make ai local on pc and tell then server what to play
ai on server is bad/wrong design
hans2

Re: mage client server report

Postby BetaSteward » 06 May 2011, 13:12

Hi hans2,

Thanks for taking this on.

In order to pass priority for the remainder of a turn hold down the control key (CTRL) while clicking pass. You will still get priority if your opponent puts anything on the stack but otherwise it will automatically pass. This is a feature in the client that is not very well documented.

To remove AI's from the server edit the config.xml file in the config folder. Remove all players from the the PlayerTypes node except for human. Your PlayerTypes node should look like this:

<playerTypes>
<playerType name="Human" jar="Mage-Player-Human-0.7.1.jar" className="mage.player.human.HumanPlayer"/>
</playerTypes>

Since MAGE uses client/server architecture there is no possibility to completely remove AI from the server. However we can provide some recommended configuration files for different scenarios (i.e. local vs. remote servers)

I'm concentrating my efforts right now on improving the client/server experience. When I'm satisfied with this I'll move onto creating cards. My plan is that we will always be working on completing the most recent sets. We can add cards from legacy sets in the down time between.

BetaSteward
BetaSteward
DEVELOPER

Postby hans2 » 06 May 2011, 17:42

server is very unstable
crashing all the time
need manual restart from time to time
hans2

Postby BetaSteward » 06 May 2011, 19:59

Can you send me the server console output? This will help in identifying the most common errors.

You can send them to my email address betasteward@gmail.com

Thanks
BetaSteward
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage