It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:05

Text Size

I posted a good review on my blog

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

I posted a good review on my blog

Postby mtgrares » 02 Sep 2011, 18:35

I just posted an article today describing how good Mage is, blog link. I was impressed that is has multiplayer AI. I'm strictly an offline player and I'm excited to play multiplayer against the AI. I was also impressed that Mage implements all of the Magic 2011 set. I understand how much effort that it takes. (Forge doesn't implement any set 100%.) Keep up the good work.

p.s.
Mage is another fine Magic project that uses Java. Java isn't perfect but it is very good.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: I posted a good review on my blog

Postby BetaSteward » 03 Sep 2011, 02:45

Thanks mtgrares. We really appreciate your taking the time to blog about our pet obsession. You just missed our latest release which now includes full sets for M11, M12, SOM and MBS. The team has worked super hard and it really shows.

p.s.
Java is still pretty much the only game in town for multiplatform support. That makes it perfect in my opinion.
BetaSteward
DEVELOPER

Postby mtgrares » 08 Sep 2011, 14:16

It is impressive that Mage implements so many full sets. I did update my blog, I do the best that I can but sometimes that includes mistakes.

nantuko84 wrote:Also what is very important, now we have AI vs AI test framework that allowed us to find lots of AI bugs and bottlenecks.
That is cool because (hopefully) it finds a bunch of bugs.

Java is really a good multipatform language. The cool thing is that some of the new languages like Groovy compile into Java bytecode. Groovy uses the JVM platform but it isn't strictly Java. Groovy is much higher-level language versus Java.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby Rheikon » 09 Sep 2011, 14:40

Nice blog. Mage is my favorite game here since it implemets multiplayer with AI and players. Can't wait for even more completed sets, I like to play block games ;)
Rheikon

Return to XMage