It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:38

Text Size

Problem starting the client

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Problem starting the client

Postby chakkra » 07 Sep 2011, 00:54

Hello,

after reading the great praise in the Forge blog I wanted to give MAGE another shot.
But I ran in the same error I received when I first tried to get MAGE running:

When the client starts it gives me:
Code: Select all
MAGE Client UI error
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializeError
It doesn't seem to find some classes in the jar file and is giving me an error everytime a new GUI part should be loaded (only the Connect Window, the Collection Viewer and the About Window seem work).

Clicking on Preferences triggers this error message:
MAGE Client UI error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class mage.client.dialog.PreferencesDialog
The same error happens with the Find... dialog and the Connect button in the connect window, clicking on the Images button and after confirming the symbols download.
When trying to open the deck editor I also get a NullPointerException (not further specified).

I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit and already changed the Java-Path in the startClient.bat to the correct one (Program Files (x86)). Toying around with the bat files and with and without admin rights didn't bring any solution as well.

Well, I have absolutely no clue what I am doing wrong since I couldn't find any similar problem in the forum. I hope the error messages can help pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Edit: The mageclient.log gives a lot of errors as well about not finding the PreferencesDialog:
FATAL [2011-09-07 02:38 [45:151]] EDTExceptionHandler[AWT-EventQueue-0]:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class mage.client.dialog.PreferencesDialog
chakkra

Return to XMage