It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:02

Text Size

MAGE version 0.8.2 released

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Postby BetaSteward » 28 Jan 2012, 20:06

It's been a slow couple of months for MAGE but we finally felt it was time to release a new version. That, and we got evicted from our old home at code.google.com. But we are back with a new site and a renewed commitment to producing the best rules enforced magic engine we possibly can. We didn't want to compromising MAGE in any way so we moved our operations to a location that will be safe from harassment for the foreseeable future.

This version features a few new cards, several bug fixes and more than a few optimizations. The game engine now uses less memory and the AI's are even tougher. We were planning on adding a new AI but it's still not ready yet for prime time.

Out next release (which will be much sooner) will feature Dark Ascension and hopefully our new AI.

The team has worked very hard in setting up a new site for MAGE so I'd like to thank them for all the hard work.

You can now download MAGE here: http://download.magefree.com

You can also read all about MAGE at our new site here: http://www.magefree.com

BetaSteward
BetaSteward
DEVELOPER

Re: MAGE version 0.8.2 released

Postby jeffwadsworth » 29 Jan 2012, 22:06

Congrads on finding a new site. Forge had the same problem and it took a while to get settled down again.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Re: MAGE version 0.8.2 released

Postby BlackLotus82 » 12 Feb 2012, 13:59

I'm very excited about the next release of MAGE, not only because of new cards (which are always welcome) but especially for the new, competitive AI, that I hope will be as good as the Magarena one! I really hope it's just a matter of days... Good work! :)
BlackLotus82

Return to XMage