It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:58

Text Size

Bug Reports 0.8.5

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports 0.8.5

Postby North » 30 Apr 2012, 16:56

If you have encountered any problems while using MAGE 0.8.5, you can post them here.
    Please mention who you were playing against: human or the AI type.
    Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice.
    If you get an error log please add that too.

Thank you for your help in detecting the bugs.
North
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports 0.8.4

Postby BryanM » 01 May 2012, 00:00

I found a few bugs in an old build... I didn't have internet for when I found them, so some of them might be faulty reports, and my memory of the issues will be a bit hazy.

Some of them you may have fixed already; the Consume Spirit bug is still in, the Cemetery Reaper/Rise from Grave one is out; but going through it all over again is just too much.

(As an aside, could you guys prioritize sorting the Sets in the set lists for sealed/draft? I'd prefer reverse chronologically, so the newest stuff is at the top and sets from a block are next to each other. I know it seems tiny, but it adds up to an enormous pain in the ass to the end user.

Also: being able to turn off/adjust the time limit for sealed construction.)

*** Dark Ascension boosters are supposed to contain 1 double sided card, just like Innistrad. At least, MTGSalvation Wiki says they do..

(I've wondered if Mythic rares are spawned correctly in MAGE; they share the same sheet as Rares, just that each rare appears twice on the sheet. Rosewater's "1/8th the time" is a cruel lie.)

(Foil cards aren't simulated at all I know; but they do occasionally show up to give you another Uncommon/Rare in your pack irl.)

Used Phantasmal Image on a Loyal Cathar. It appears to come back as a Loyal Cathar - it's supposed to come back as a Phantasmal Image. (If a double-sided card became a copy of the Cathar, it should come back as the flip side of it's original card.) What is definitely a bug is the Phantasmal Image keeps building up redundant copies of abilities as it's repeatedly killed and auto-revived, clogging up the stack.

AI ignores Immerwolf's Intimidate...

--

Primeval Titan should have the option to pull out only one land if its controller wishes.

Terror of Kruin Pass can be blocked by one creature

2011 Howling Banshee, when cast by AI, will not kill the caster if he has 3 or less life.

Sorin's Thirst can target Gladecover Scout, which should have hexproof.

Frost Titan's ability isn't optional.

Sword/F+I on orithopter, Sword/M+B on orithopter, equipped Sword/F+I on Auriok Sunchaser, and the sword's card didn't move under it when equipped. Might be a graphical bug.

Sword of Fire and Ice's ability is not optional

Argentum's ability doesn't force you to destroy a permanent

Puresteel Paladin's ability triggers no matter who plays an equipment

Multiple Jace Memory Adepts are allowed in duels

// Vengeful Pharoh's Graveyard ability doesn't work, or only triggers once. ?

Phantasmal Image on my tapped Greater Basilisk died; it seems to periodically "just die" sometimes.

A 0 damage fireball used on a Phantasmal Bear does not kill the bear.

Phantasmal Imaged Phantasmal Bear didn't die to Pacifism.

A blocked slaughtered cried stampeding rhino didn't deal trample damage.

Chandra the Firebrand is supposed to be able to select multiple targets with her ultimate.

Manor Gargoyale doesn't lose indestructible when it loses defender

Casting Mind Control on opponent's Serra Angel gave it summoning sickness.

Milling an AI to death in Sealed causes them to automatically lose the second game of the match right as it is starting.

Consume Spirit doesn't give you life

Prized Unicorn's lure effect doesn't work correctly against AI; it can block other creatures while still blocking the unicorn.

Condemn doesn't give target's owner life.

----

You might want to consider having a public pre-release beta where you freeze the public build's card pool and vet every new card added on a checklist; maybe having a tracking system in place for quality assurance. The "perpetual beta" does turn away users; a broken card may be worse than not having it in the first place.
BryanM

Postby North » 01 May 2012, 10:53

Thank you BryanM for your thoughts and issues reported.

BryanM wrote:You might want to consider having a public pre-release beta where you freeze the public build's card pool and vet every new card added on a checklist; maybe having a tracking system in place for quality assurance. The "perpetual beta" does turn away users; a broken card may be worse than not having it in the first place.
We have a tracking system in place but is currently used only for developing cards. Although I have added the possibility to mark cards as tested/bugged, we aren't using this currently. I'll also need to add comments for such cards for this to be useful.

The bugs that emerge usually require special conditions. In the past I did commit simple cards without testing them, but now I think most of us are testing the cards beforehand so they do pass through a test. If there are people willing to help do some extensive testing, because this does take time even when using the "cheating" button to add cards to the different zones, then I will provide with the tool to do it. Basically, I don't wish for any of the MAGE devs to work on extensive testing because that cuts time from fixing issues and adding new cards. Considering we now have about 3600 unique cards, to do an initial testing of all this cards will take quite some time and can only be achieved by a helpful community :D .

Completing the tracking tool will get moved up on my priority list and hopefully it will be of use to increase the quality of MAGE.
North
DEVELOPER

Postby noxx » 01 May 2012, 13:54

I'd like to thank BryanM as well. I'm glad to see such long list of bugs and I would check them one by one.

And would agree with North that we have no opportunity to test all cards, especially because of bugs appering not on card single use but while playing them with other cards.

Also since now we try to write tests for bugs found, so they won't happen in future release. And it really helps. Actually it helped recently when I fixed a bug with cost reduction effect but this fix caused a bug for another card that was immediately tracked by our tests.

So we really interested in bug reports and I believe we could make Mage very stable soon.
I know bugs are annoying, writting them down is boring, but this is really important for the product quality.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Best Regards,
Noxx
noxx
DEVELOPER

Postby mcfrag11 » 04 May 2012, 12:36

When i try pump up my Stormblood Berserker by using another creature, by dealing combat damage (i've summoned Stormblood Berserker in second main phase) to the player, or by spells like Shock, nothing happens. My berserker is still 1/1.
My report is from battles with AI.
mcfrag11

Postby noxx » 05 May 2012, 07:37

Hm, strange. Tried it with Shock in first main phase and Berserker on second against Mad ai - it works.
What AI did you use? Just wonder may it matter
noxx
DEVELOPER

Postby mcfrag11 » 05 May 2012, 13:48

This was second ai ('mini' or something like that). I can't try it again because now, when i'm creating new game in multiplayer, i can only start it with human as my opponent.

Edit: I've noticed that counters on Shrines (for example Shrine of Burning Rage) are invisible.
mcfrag11

Re: Bug Reports 0.8.5

Postby mcfrag11 » 08 May 2012, 15:56

From PvP game.
When Wurmcoil Engine is put into graveyard, two wurm 3/3 tokens are summoned but both had deathtouch.
Only one of them should get this ability and the other should come with lifelink.
Edit: It is graphic bug. Second one have lifelink.

---
Another bug is related to Phyrexian Metamorph. I've returned it from graveyard by using Buried Ruin and I've decided to copy my opponent's Solemn Simulacrum. What is intresting, I was allowed to draw two lands instead one (which I've done).
In the same turn I've noticed another bug. When I've used Altar's Reap , the game asked if i want to sacrafice another creature and draw additional two cards.

Last is only graphic issue. When Garruk Relentless summons 2/2 Wolf token (with no abilities) on the board appears black Wolf token with deathtouch.

---
Hex Parasite doesn't get 1+/0 until end of the turn when it is removing counters.
mcfrag11

Postby Jmaster988 » 21 May 2012, 18:21

I was playing a local game against the minimax AI and my Hypnotic Specter and Sangromancer (both have flying) were blocked by Ajani's Pridemate and Champion of the Parish (no flying).
Jmaster988

Postby jeffwadsworth » 22 May 2012, 02:00

Jmaster988 wrote:I was playing a local game against the minimax AI and my Hypnotic Specter and Sangromancer (both have flying) were blocked by Ajani's Pridemate and Champion of the Parish (no flying).
Only the MAD AI is supported at the moment.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby Jmaster988 » 22 May 2012, 17:17

jeffwadsworth wrote:Only the MAD AI is supported at the moment.
Thanks for the information. I remember reading that only one AI was still supported but I guess I picked the wrong one. Have they considered removing the minmax AI to prevent confusion for new users?
Jmaster988

Postby jeffwadsworth » 23 May 2012, 20:22

Jmaster988 wrote:
jeffwadsworth wrote:Only the MAD AI is supported at the moment.
Thanks for the information. I remember reading that only one AI was still supported but I guess I picked the wrong one. Have they considered removing the minmax AI to prevent confusion for new users?
That is a good question. At the moment, I do not know.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby Pineomj10 » 25 May 2012, 17:25

I've experienced a couple issues while playing with AI.

- I was in a various tournament drafts and the Mad AI was able to block my flying creatures with non-flying creatures.
- I was in a Conflux tournament draft I had a 4 color deck and Dreadwing's activated ability did not count Rupture Spire when I tried to use it to pay the Blue or the Red mana.
- I was in a regular constructed match against Mad AI and I tapped two Eldrazi Temples for the colorless mana to summon a Silver Myr and it didn't count it, tried with Leaden Myr and same issue.
- This was a weird issue. I was in a standard match with Mad AI and I played Invisible Stalker by tapping an Island then a Gavony Township it played the Stalker but it also gave him 4 +1/+1 counters O_O. I Should add that I summoned a Champion of the Parish and both that time and when I cast the Stalker it got 4 +1 +1 counters and before it played it mentioned something like choose a replacement effect and both choices were "when this enters the battlefield add 2 +1/+1 counters to this" and it seems to have triggered both "replacements" simultaneously. The difference with the Champion was that his triggered ability still activated every time I played a human. Both these issues have made my human deck exploitable and extremely overpowered.
- It seem the above issue mention also happened when AI played a Loyal Cathar. I'm thinking compatibility issues with Elder Cathar or Gavony Township because I had them either in my hand or on the battlefield each time these issues occurred.

This is what I experienced thus far I will let you know if I find anymore.
Last edited by Pineomj10 on 25 May 2012, 20:00, edited 7 times in total.
Pineomj10

Postby jeffwadsworth » 25 May 2012, 19:06

Pineomj10 wrote:I've experienced a couple issues while playing with AI.

- I was in a various tournament drafts and the Mad AI was able to block my flying creatures with non-flying creatures.
- I was in a Conflux tournament draft I had a 4 color deck and Dreadwing's activated ability did not count Rupture Spire when I tried to use it to pay the Blue or the Red mana.
- I was in a regular constructed match against Mad AI and I tapped two Eldrazi Temples for the colorless mana to summon a Silver Myr and it didn't count it.

Did you tap for the blue mana first from the Rupture Spire? BTW, a new version is close.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby Pineomj10 » 25 May 2012, 19:20

jeffwadsworth wrote:
Pineomj10 wrote:I've experienced a couple issues while playing with AI.

- I was in a regular constructed match against Mad AI and I tapped two Eldrazi Temples for the colorless mana to summon a Silver Myr and it didn't count it.

Did you tap for the blue mana first from the Rupture Spire? BTW, a new version is close.
No sir I didn't I tapped a green for the one colorless, a red for the red, and then rupture spire for the blue. Then I tried the red, the green, then the spire for blue.
Pineomj10

Next

Return to XMage