It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:21

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby NarcolepZZZZZZ » 24 Mar 2020, 00:23

If it's possible in the next update, could we have an option to show the card image when mousing over a card instead of a text box? I know we can mousewheel and change it. Just wondering if we could havea setting to default to the card image and mousewheel for the text box instead. Basically the opposite of what we have right now.

Thanks.
NarcolepZZZZZZ

Postby Fuistus » 02 Apr 2020, 09:30

In 20 Pv Duel commander, it would be great if it was possible to swap commander between each games as provided by the rules
Fuistus

Postby Hiey » 04 Aug 2020, 05:32

Is there a way to fix bot's 5 years old sour loser attitude when locked up in a game? (Ex.: Ensnaring Bridge, Worship, any "pay X to attack for each creature" or the bot itself having a creature with a actived ability, like Ezuri, Renegade Leader) It keeps wasting the entire available time 'till the end of the match by timeout.

Thanks for all ur hard work on xmage fellas!
Hiey

Postby Dynamo345 » 29 Nov 2020, 19:40

I guess I hope you guys can get the "record macro" aka F8 to work again someday and hope to see even more network improvement like you did as of Zendikar rising update
Dynamo345

Postby Miryafa » 22 Dec 2020, 07:16

Merry Christmas yall. Thank you to all the devs for all your hard work.
Miryafa

Postby poipoi » 18 Jan 2021, 19:23

I don't know if this is feasible, but it would be cool if the client could download the images needed on the fly, instead of download 50 gb of images at once. Like, entering a game, it could download in another thread images for the deck me and my opponents are playing
poipoi

Postby 10-56 » 22 Jan 2021, 08:07

Due to the current way costs are paid there are certain interactions in mtgo or paper magic that are currently not feasible on xmage leaving some awkward game states. When you put a spell on the stack one of the steps is to generate Mana, the game handles this by letting you use your resources in play and automatically spends that resource towards what it is you're paying for. As soon as the criteria of what your paying for is met the game then just puts the spell/activated ability on the stack. That's not how magic works, you can generate more Mana than what is needed, if you could generate infinite Mana to pay (1) then you are allowed to before letting the action go on the stack.

This specifically interferes with krark-clan iron works loops with scrap trawler and myr retriever wherein you sacrifice both retriever, and trawler in addition to any other artifacts to pay for a spell. The triggers from scrap trawler and myr retriever are then delayed until the spell is actually paid for resulting in letting you get back scrap trawler with myr retriever's trigger and myr retriever with scrap trawler's trigger, + another artifact. This is currently nearly impossible under the current iteration of the game and has led to some awkward edh games with friends.

My suggestion is to implement the rules as they are in the game, or give the player an option to overpay for things somewhere in the menus.

Thanks.
10-56

Postby Omorchoe » 30 Jan 2021, 04:04

not sure if this is the best place for it, but is there already a way to increase the RAM allotted for the application? 512MB seems very small when many have GBs available for use.
Omorchoe

Postby Familysize » 01 Mar 2021, 12:40

Probably has been brought up before but what about stacking like creatures (lands, artifacts, permanents in general) on the battlefield similar to the way Arena handles it? The board gets awfully messy when there are a lot of creatures and if any are the same and in the same state (i.e. a bunch of goblin tokens untapped without summoning sickness) they could be stacked with a number indicating how many there are. Of course they would still need to be separated into stacks depending on any differences between them (some are 2/2, some are 1/1, some have summoning sickness, etc.) but it would clean up the board a good bit.
Familysize

Postby thefnitalian » 05 Apr 2021, 04:55

I started an enhancement on the github for just this issue. I labeled it stacked tokens and I figured that the less the engine has to render the better it will be.
thefnitalian

Postby spjspj » 05 Apr 2021, 23:07

10-56 wrote: As soon as the criteria of what your paying for is met the game then just puts the spell/activated ability on the stack. That's not how magic works,
Nor it is exactly how xmage forces you to play. You can right click and set your mana options to turn on/off 'Automatic usage of mana' and 'Don't use mana already in the pool'. You can turn these on and off during the game as it's purely a client interface option.
spjspj

Postby Necksuss » 23 May 2021, 06:04

I found an issue with the overall engine. when I played [[ Marauding Raptor ]] and then played [[ Polyraptor ]] The interaction between dealing damage and duplicating happened endlessly. the only way for it to stop was for the opponent to concede. could a Draw function be added, as that is what happens in the physical game when no actions can be taken?
Necksuss

Postby Dynamo345 » 04 Jun 2021, 16:22

Now this is actually very important

The "Phyrexian" type may have not be errata on Gatherer but couple days ago it did get errata on around 227 creatures with phyrexian type on MTGO

and this is the creatures that had the type
https://scryfall.com/@quincognito/decks ... l&with=usd
(note: Phyrexian Gremlins and Priest of Yawgmoth weren't on it but safe bet they are phyrexians as well and probably not implemented in the program)

Also Certain Tokens will get that type too not just the Germs and heres the token makers found with phyrexian added to the token creatures
https://scryfall.com/@Niuttuc/decks/e5b ... l&with=usd

(credit to Resident evil wizard on Tumblr for making these lists)
Dynamo345

Postby CumCaptain » 06 Aug 2021, 22:25

Is it possible to make a quick order and remembering option for replacement effects like doubling season, nyxbloom ancient, and cards like that?
CumCaptain

Postby Waniciala » 02 Sep 2021, 19:37

In my opinion, the thing I hate most about the Internet is the language barrier that has cut our communities apart.
Waniciala

PreviousNext

Return to XMage