It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:41

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby escplan9 » 14 Jul 2016, 10:06

Heris wrote:I would like a option to move the stack window; this way i could see all the cards in my hand without scrolling it left and right.
You can collapse many of the panes entirely. If you look closely there are < and > symbols along the panes that allow them to collapse to free up some room.
escplan9

Postby Myysterio » 16 Jul 2016, 13:41

I'd like to be able to rearrange my cards or stack them up as I see fit.

I'd also like some tools to be able to fixed bugged permanents and spells... like:
- the ability to go back a step or two instead of the whole turn
- ability to adjust life totals as required
- Ability to sac or destroy items which get bugged on the battlefield

Also would like to be able to make "exiled" windows go away entirely. Currently can only minimize them.
Myysterio

Postby Lint » 16 Jul 2016, 19:16

Recently returned to Magic after long absence by way of Magic Duels available on Steam.
Having played there for a month or so got really used to all the added features during game-play.

The most useful concerns abilities, like flying, trample, first strike, unblockable, deathtouch, double strike etc. Basically what they have is a symbol on each card if it has/gets such an ability. It makes it easier to figure out what is going on the board even just for simple stuff like fliers. Its dynamic of course so if the status changes the symbol appears/disappears. I would assume since the information must be there already, since the game knows whats what, its a graphical implementation thing although I would not presume how much work would be involved in this.

Also missed how Magic Duels tracks the power/toughness of each creature as it changes via instants like Giant Growth etc

I can understand if people prefer not to have this kind of stuff on XMage since it diverts from the real life mtg experience, people have to remember all this stuff as they play, right? Personally I first got in the game via a planeswalker pc game so, sadly perhaps, never played real life Magic but I do respect the community of real life Magic players so if these suggestions are sort of...off, its ok.

It makes a huge difference to be able to play a deck when you don't have the cards for it, the feel you get for it and what it can do is invaluable so I guess this is my way of saying thank you for XMage.
Lint

Postby Thea » 26 Jul 2016, 13:16

What this game is really lacking and would make it really fantastic to me and a few friends is proper filtering like magic workstation or cockatrice.. being able to select only specific sets, CMC and such features.. I find myself having to build decks on cockatrice and then having to remake them on xmage just to find out that it's missing cards and the deck isn't possible.

In the group of 8 friends i play with, we all selected 1 boosterpack and agree'd on 1 core set and made a really weird format.. Making decks like such is a huge struggle with the current filter system..
While I know that a lot of people wouldn't be affected by a filtering overhaul but I really think it's one of those huge quality of life upgrades that makes things overall more comfortable to play with.

EDIT: Most of the filtering logic is already there, It's mostly heavy GUI work.
Thea

Postby Tresserhorn » 28 Jul 2016, 21:32

I know these are very some things, but I think they would be cool.

the 1st thing I was thinking was the ability to move cards around when in the deck editor, like how on MTGO, you can select cards and move them around. It would make deck techs and stuff a bit easier.

2nd, can we have a bit more control over the background image? like positioning and if it repeats if it's too small?
Tresserhorn

Postby Heris » 31 Jul 2016, 10:42

In Preferences-GUI Size i would like an option to resize cards when viewed by scrolling the mouse wheel; this because i use HQ cards (480 x 680 Pixels) and when using mouse wheel they are shown at a lower resolution.
Also in Preferences-GUI Size the option to resize cards in editor doesn't seem to be working.
Heris

Postby Heris » 02 Aug 2016, 16:12

I suggest an option to make targeting arrows always visible when a spell, ability, etc. is on the stack without the need to hover the mouse over the card on the stack; this could be implemented as a switchable option as many players maybe would prefer not to clutter the playtable with arrows.
Heris

Postby Heris » 13 Aug 2016, 09:17

Heris wrote:In Preferences-GUI Size i would like an option to resize cards when viewed by scrolling the mouse wheel; this because i use HQ cards (480 x 680 Pixels) and when using mouse wheel they are shown at a lower resolution.
Also in Preferences-GUI Size the option to resize cards in editor doesn't seem to be working.
I see that the option is implemented in v. 1.4.14; this post is just to thank LevelX and the other developers for this great software to play Magic the Gathering.

Keep up with the good work
Heris

Postby addskiptoaction » 15 Aug 2016, 11:41

Hey, i was wondering if you're planning to add a skip to next action button because right now you usually skip to next turn when you have no play however when you're planning on doing something you play manually, so it kind of gives it away.
addskiptoaction

Postby Ketsuban » 18 Aug 2016, 03:02

I was intrigued when I noticed an Extended filter in the deck editor, but apparently it's not been kept uptodate since support for Extended as a format was pulled—it's now just a filter for every set from Zendikar block onwards, which isn't much use to anyone.

Could it either be removed or (my preference) rotated forward? The current Extended format would be the Return to Ravnica, Theros, Khans of Tarkir, Battle for Zendikar and Shadows over Innistrad blocks, plus Magic 2014, Magic 2015 and Magic Origins. On September 30th, Return to Ravnica and Gatecrash rotate out and Kaladesh rotates in, and so on.
Ketsuban

Postby MrMarlon » 18 Aug 2016, 11:29

MrMarlon

Postby Mnk » 19 Aug 2016, 17:55

Could we get Clues to stack like lands to save some space?

Thanks.
Mnk

Postby All Regent » 25 Aug 2016, 02:02

I think it would be useful to automatically close any lobby that has been open for 30+ minutes or such and hasn't launched yet. It seems like most people don't look at the time lobbies were created and end up sitting there with an afk host.
All Regent

Postby burzum51 » 29 Aug 2016, 09:16

I would like to suggest Two features.

Dredge
It would be nice to have a dedicaded window when you have to draw and can dredge. The window will show the cards avaible to dredge (like the one when you scry) with 2 buttons. The first one to dredge the selected cards and the others to draw as usual

Popup for lands
I think it will be faster to have a popup when you activate a land (dual of fetche) to show the possibles actions directly under the cursor of the mouse (as on magic online). It's kind of waste of time when you activate the lefter land and a big screen appear on the middle with the options (and show {b} insted of mana symbols).
burzum51

Postby Dynamo345 » 02 Sep 2016, 16:54

I will make my suggestion cake walk.

is it possible to add archenemy and planechase for modes on xmage?
Dynamo345

PreviousNext

Return to XMage