It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 08:22

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: noxx, Aurum, fireshoes, jeffwadsworth, TheElk801, BetaSteward, LevelX, North, escplan9, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby cheddarsuave » 21 Nov 2017, 11:23

Small thing, but it would be really nice if a pop-up card window (like when you first suspend something) didn't default to the upper left corner, completely blocking my opponent's avatar and that whole area. I always have to manually move it and it's annoying. Defaulting it to the bottom right area above the F-buttons would be perfect. Thanks!
cheddarsuave

Postby RaizIsAwesome » 04 Dec 2017, 02:26

I propose 2 small quality of life upgrades for the search function in the deck editor mode.

1. Being able to reduce searches to just 1 listing/printing of a card

2. Being able to select multiple specific editions

I know the second request is rather unusal but my LGS holds special formats tournaments on a regular basis
(e.g. 4th Edition, Return to Ravnica Modern Masters 2 are the only allowed editions for a 40 card Deck)
RaizIsAwesome

Postby gcb » 04 Dec 2017, 07:38

RaizIsAwesome wrote:I propose 2 small quality of life upgrades for the search function in the deck editor mode.

1. Being able to reduce searches to just 1 listing/printing of a card

2. Being able to select multiple specific editions

I know the second request is rather unusal but my LGS holds special formats tournaments on a regular basis
(e.g. 4th Edition, Return to Ravnica Modern Masters 2 are the only allowed editions for a 40 card Deck)
You can technically already do this by first selecting the edition you want from the droplist (e.g. fourth edition) and then typing in your search (or you can do it in reverse order). The search will then be limited only to the set that you've selected. It's only one set at a time however.
gcb

Postby Notshauna » 04 Dec 2017, 09:53

I've noticed the card frames have changed in the latest update from a previous rectangle design to the curved dimensions used by actual cards. While I personal dislike it greatly, I can understand that others don't so I think it'd be ideal if it were an option.
Notshauna

Postby Alterus » 08 Dec 2017, 03:18

Some people in the server chat were asking about Unstable, and I first thought "why ask this, fun sets are impossible to implement for the AI".

Then I recalled most mechanics from specifically Unstable might realistically work. Dice throwing, card stealing, contraptions, host/augment are likely all implement-able, and the effects that involve a choice by a player from outside of the game can be substituted with a randomizer. Probably only around 10% cards from the set are not going to work at all.

Then again, I know it's likely a huge chunk of work though, and the hype for Un-sets tends to fade with time. So just voicing hopes rather than making an actual suggestion. However, if a "Silver borders" flag is added when creating Commander games, Unstable cards will likely still be used to play in the long term.
Alterus

Postby cheddarsuave » 10 Dec 2017, 17:59

Perhaps this was mentioned already, but it would be nice if the popup window you get when you tutor for something defaulted to being the top layer on the screen. I can't think of any reason why the current behavior of it going underneath the other windows you have open makes any sense. I always end up having to move it to see my full library, and sometimes even it gets stuck beneath stuff and I can't see my full library/move it into view.

Thank you!
cheddarsuave

Previous

Return to XMage