It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:28

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby cheddarsuave » 12 Mar 2018, 23:21

I would humbly request we have a very visible way to see my opponent's unmorphed creatures with morph at the end of the game. As it is, the game immediately goes to the sideboard screen and I can never catch what those morphs were. Maybe allow the game log screen from the previous game to be viewed while sideboarding? Thanks!

https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/4635
cheddarsuave

Postby DiMiaN » 18 Mar 2018, 11:23

Since we got the new health display maybe remove the heart icon and small life total number and add at bottom latency (in ms)? Would be nice to know if the player is slow or lagging or even timedout.

LevelX: The health display can't be removed becuase it's still used if you switch off the avatar overlay and if you have a smaller vertical screen size, the avatar images are not shown.
DiMiaN

Postby All Regent » 19 Mar 2018, 03:19

I am sure this has been asked before, but is the Blood Moon rule planning on being updated?
All Regent

Postby cheddarsuave » 23 Mar 2018, 11:17

I'm sure you guys are already aware, but there's a new format in town: Brawl (https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2018-03-22)
cheddarsuave

Postby rilonian » 23 Mar 2018, 11:23

I'm looking forward to seeing Brawl implemented in XMage, it should be fun!
rilonian

Postby spjspj » 23 Mar 2018, 11:25

cheddarsuave wrote:I'm sure you guys are already aware, but there's a new format in town: Brawl (https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2018-03-22)
This may not be that easy. It's not clear if it's actually color identity or just the mana symbols. Also the commander damage not mattering - is this the same as tiny leaders eventually had it?
spjspj

Postby rilonian » 24 Mar 2018, 12:25

In my opinion, it follow the same color identity rules as EDH (in the article Gavin says that can only use the mana symbols identity on the Commander card, including the rule text and the mana cost). It also seems that Commander damage, as you said, doesn't matter, which make sense due to having 30 life.
rilonian

Postby Draconix123 » 27 Mar 2018, 02:23

I would like to see a setting in the deck editor to adjust the "Unique" set it chooses for cards for instance, I like the full art EXP and UST lands for my commander decks but if i import my deck from a file I have to go in and change all that and I feel like I cant easily make a deck that suits my preferences. Saying this I know that this idea would take a fortnight to make.
Draconix123

Postby spjspj » 29 Mar 2018, 09:04

rilonian wrote:In my opinion, it follow the same color identity rules as EDH (in the article Gavin says that can only use the mana symbols identity on the Commander card, including the rule text and the mana cost). It also seems that Commander damage, as you said, doesn't matter, which make sense due to having 30 life.
Flip cards like emn avacyn are both red and white in color identity with the color indicator on the back being red however in terms of mana symbols she would only be white. There is a slight mismatch in what was stated in the article to what commander uses.
spjspj

Postby cheddarsuave » 29 Mar 2018, 16:36

I would like the ability to play "Freeform Commander" in 1v1. Not sure why there is an arbitrary restriction on multiplayer game types for that. Basically I'm trying to play a "no banlist" version of 1v1 commander with some buddies (basically Duel Commander style with 20 point starting life totals, but no ban list).
cheddarsuave

Postby Kiryu666 » 29 Mar 2018, 21:19

More options for momir basic ^^ color/format/drop limit etc etc [-o< [-o<
Kiryu666

Postby cheddarsuave » 02 Apr 2018, 11:47

I strongly feel that for rated tourneys, players who quit need to be docked some rating points - at least one round's worth. There really should be SOME disincentive to quitting besides the quit ratio, which no one pays attention to in my experience.

As it stands, I can't tell you the number of round 1 byes I've had in drafts...it's extremely frustrating :-/

Thanks!
cheddarsuave

Postby Alterus » 03 Apr 2018, 03:57

So many people both here and on Facebook have the problem that is solved by re-downloading symbols. Maybe add a hotfix patch that, when installed, would prompt to re-download symbols once, informing the player that it might be required to play?
Alterus

Postby RivenSkull » 14 Apr 2018, 19:14

I feel like adding a 4th skill level - something like "Competitive" - to the table setup options would do a lot of help for the problem of disparaging views on what a "Casual" deck is. This is geared towards the EDH aspect of XMage since that's really all I play, so I'm not quite sure how much this will apply to other formats on the client.

I know I play a number of decks that are far from being cEDH or tournament viable, and would be casual in my opinion, but are still considerably strong or play disruption. However I routinely draw the ire of other players for playing these decks in a "Casual" game. The problem is that if a game is labeled as "Serious" that habitually draws in the cEDH routinely-combo-off-on-turn-3 decks, and most other players also expect those decks to be played at "Serious" tables.

This has left the vast majority of EDH games to be listed as "Casual", but with so many varying opinions on what a casual deck is it causes contention between players. I feel like being able to have an option to differentiate the higher end casual and the competitive decks by adding a 4th Skill level to the table options would be a good way to do so.
RivenSkull

Postby cheddarsuave » 18 Apr 2018, 12:57

Can we please get a "priority" notification if you've had priority for about 2 mins and haven't taken any action yet? I think this would cut down on the number of people in drafts who go afk waiting for their next round opponent to arrive. Thanks!
cheddarsuave

PreviousNext

Return to XMage