It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:52

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby Slimmo » 23 May 2013, 20:47

I have a request of a feature I would like to be added..

When you create a game (any kind) you should have the option to set if you want to have any free mulligans. When playing normal card game magic we usally have one or two free mulligans to prevent bad starts for players and thus making it more enjoyable to play :)
Slimmo

Postby filipebfs » 24 May 2013, 13:54

LevelX wrote:
filipebfs wrote:In regard the WoC's article posted today

/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/248e

I understood, now, unblockable and undestructible is not a keyword. Therefore, I thought on MAGE behavior about Turn//Burn. A permanent lose unblockable and/or undestructible?
It depends, if the ability is an ability of the permanent itself (e.g.Darksteel Brute) the permanent loses the ability and therefore indestructibility.
If indestructibility is given by another object (e.g. by enchantment aura Indestructibility) it doesn't lose the indestructibility.
I mean, regarding the article, now, indestructible is a "feature of the card", not a ability. Therefore should not lose indestructibility (sorryenglish)
filipebfs

Postby filipebfs » 24 May 2013, 14:14

700.4a Although the text "[This permanent] is indestructible" is an ability, actually being indestructible is neither an ability nor a characteristic. It's just something that's true about a permanent

700.5a Although the text "[This permanent] is unblockable" is an ability, actually being unblockable is neither an ability nor a characteristic. It's just something that's true about a creature.
filipebfs

Postby LevelX » 24 May 2013, 14:49

filipebfs wrote:
LevelX wrote:
filipebfs wrote:In regard the WoC's article posted today

/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/248e

I understood, now, unblockable and undestructible is not a keyword. Therefore, I thought on MAGE behavior about Turn//Burn. A permanent lose unblockable and/or undestructible?
It depends, if the ability is an ability of the permanent itself (e.g.Darksteel Brute) the permanent loses the ability and therefore indestructibility.
If indestructibility is given by another object (e.g. by enchantment aura Indestructibility) it doesn't lose the indestructibility.
I mean, regarding the article, now, indestructible is a "feature of the card", not a ability. Therefore should not lose indestructibility (sorryenglish)
Regarding the rule changes let's see how the errata will be and than we have to correct MAGE.
But as far as I understood indestructible will become a keyword in the future.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Felix » 09 Jun 2013, 00:40

Here's few things I think could come in handy if implemented:
  • Swiss-system tournaments
  • a way to view the other side of a two-sided card in ListView in the Deck Editor
  • a way to specify the deck building time in tournaments
  • a way to let waiting players in tournaments spectate games
  • a way to drop out of already running tournaments without having to disconnect
  • a way to password protect created matches OR limit access to people you invite
Felix

Postby Noahsark » 09 Jun 2013, 04:39

hi, can we implement a time counter for dual games?

Similar to MTGO, each player has 30 min or some adjustable time which will be counted down during their operation phase.

Noahsark

Postby Noobshock » 27 Jun 2013, 02:18

Suggestion: An ability to have the larger version of a card display closer to the mouseover location (as a floating object maybe) rather than in the top right of the UI, which is inconvenient on very wide monitors.
Noobshock

Postby LevelX » 27 Jun 2013, 04:54

Noobshock wrote:Suggestion: An ability to have the larger version of a card display closer to the mouseover location (as a floating object maybe) rather than in the top right of the UI, which is inconvenient on very wide monitors.
Turn the mouse wheel up while the mouse pointer is over the card image to show a big image of the card.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Noobshock » 27 Jun 2013, 12:02

LevelX wrote:Turn the mouse wheel up while the mouse pointer is over the card image to show a big image of the card.
Nice! I would like a toggle option to make that the default though so I don't have to mousewheel up everytime my pointer goes astray a bit :D

Thanks for your response!

Edit: this would be a lot better for people who already know the game pretty well and also enjoy looking at the HQ art while playing :)
Last edited by Noobshock on 29 Jun 2013, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
Noobshock

Postby jessegto » 29 Jun 2013, 02:03

This was mentioned before, but can you code the random deck generator to generate 60 cards instead of 40? Also, the coding could be fixed a little. For example, if you generate a red and white deck, multicolored cards aren't selected well. You may get a card that costs white or black but needs black mana to use the card's ability. Also, you may get land that generates or needs different colors for activated abilities. Thank you for all your hard work on this project!
jessegto

Postby Noobshock » 02 Jul 2013, 19:17

Feature(s) request: an ability to resize/reconfigure more portions of the UI, such as whether enemy creatures are displayed in front/behind his lands, ability to reposition some cards for better clarity, to have more control over how we like our piles of lands arranged, ability to rotate cards (like split cards) for better readability, ability to toggle on/off (maybe with the current mousewheel command) the large art display so it doesn't reset when you move your pointer away too long.

Silly stuff overall but polishing the UI on something like this can go a long way towards making it go from good to great.
Noobshock

Postby Noobshock » 02 Jul 2013, 20:31

Feature request: ability to have the stack UI move around so it can be somewhere in the middle (maybe middle-right) rather than bottom right corner.

Stack stuck on the bottom right = meh
Last edited by Noobshock on 03 Jul 2013, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Noobshock

Postby Noobshock » 03 Jul 2013, 15:57

Feature request: when spectating, since the players' hands aren't visible to the spectator, zoom in a little more and use the entire field to display the game rather than leaving out a useless bottom chunk of the screen.

Edit: Ability to spectate individual tournament games would be nice too.
Noobshock

Postby InTriX » 25 Jul 2013, 05:13

Request: A graveyard that shows what is being targeted, currently there is no way to know what your opponent is targeting with Snapcaster Mage (to remove it in response) and if there are two of the same name card there is no way to know what Deathrite Shaman is targeting (again to remove it to stop it's effect).
InTriX

Postby Gorillaz » 02 Aug 2013, 10:00

I have noticed some odd behaviour from the AI: it often uses some activated abilities with poor timing. For instance, the AI uses blood bairn / nightwing shade's ability as soon as they come into play (which is useless because of summoning sickness). On the contrary, it never used corpse hauler / master of diversion's ability (even with very powerful creatures in the graveyard for the corpse hauler).

I was wondering whether I could give you a hand with this kind of behaviour. I'm proficient in Java so there is no technical barrier for me, and I'd like to work on a Magic-related AI :)
So if I've some time, I will definitely download the source code and have a look!

Thanks again for all your efforts!
Gorillaz

PreviousNext

Return to XMage