It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:59

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby Laqutis » 08 Feb 2015, 06:41

I understand that the card implementation is random but it seems to me that maybe at least a little planning might be very beneficial. MTG has been very repetitive in their card design and once a "core" or basic card structure is coded it seems that it might apply to many other cards with just a few modifications/additions. It would seem that some functional grouping might end up saving you guys some time getting it all implemented :) ; and i have a specific example to clarify my point Ur-Golem's Eye has been coded into your client however Sisay's Ring is absent I have to admit I found this odd since they are one to one identical save for a name change. There are many instances of this example i have found as i have tried to play more and more of my commander lists.

Another few useful things that may help is to have a card request function right in the client, also having the client dump to a file any cards people attempt to import from decks that are not recognized to collect usage data.

Thx again
Laqutis

Postby emerald000 » 08 Feb 2015, 06:54

Laqutis wrote:I understand that the card implementation is random but it seems to me that maybe at least a little planning might be very beneficial. MTG has been very repetitive in their card design and once a "core" or basic card structure is coded it seems that it might apply to many other cards with just a few modifications/additions. It would seem that some functional grouping might end up saving you guys some time getting it all implemented :) ; and i have a specific example to clarify my point Ur-Golem's Eye has been coded into your client however Sisay's Ring is absent I have to admit I found this odd since they are one to one identical save for a name change. There are many instances of this example i have found as i have tried to play more and more of my commander lists.

Another few useful things that may help is to have a card request function right in the client, also having the client dump to a file any cards people attempt to import from decks that are not recognized to collect usage data.

Thx again
There is a lot of "structure" already implemented. For your Sisay's Ring example, it would take about a minute. But multiply that by a couple thousand cards and it start taking a lot of time. Furthermore, the requested cards are usually quite complex. It can take an hour or more to implement a weird effect and test it.
emerald000

Postby Laqutis » 08 Feb 2015, 07:48

emerald000 wrote:
Laqutis wrote:I understand that the card implementation is random but it seems to me that maybe at least a little planning might be very beneficial. MTG has been very repetitive in their card design and once a "core" or basic card structure is coded it seems that it might apply to many other cards with just a few modifications/additions. It would seem that some functional grouping might end up saving you guys some time getting it all implemented :) ; and i have a specific example to clarify my point Ur-Golem's Eye has been coded into your client however Sisay's Ring is absent I have to admit I found this odd since they are one to one identical save for a name change. There are many instances of this example i have found as i have tried to play more and more of my commander lists.

Thx again
There is a lot of "structure" already implemented. For your Sisay's Ring example, it would take about a minute. But multiply that by a couple thousand cards and it start taking a lot of time. Furthermore, the requested cards are usually quite complex. It can take an hour or more to implement a weird effect and test it.
pls don't misunderstand me as being unsympathetic to how much work you guys are doing :) nor how much time things take as i am very grateful. It was more of a general statement then an accusation :D something along the lines of would it makes sense to program 300 different versions of forest interdependently probably not, What I was saying was more along the lines of it might make sense to generally apply this grouping approach where applicable to basic card design groups.
Laqutis

Postby scmurray15 » 09 Feb 2015, 02:21

Courser of Kruphix is a very popular card. In its current form (and all other cards like it that make you play with the top card revealed) it can blocks the life total on low rez machines. I would like to recommend you bind the "Top Card" effect to a window like all other revealed cards or exiled cards. As an example, make it look like when an Oblivion Ring exiles something.

Thanks
Last edited by scmurray15 on 09 Feb 2015, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
scmurray15

Postby blakalicious » 09 Feb 2015, 03:13

I'd love an option to turn down the in-game sounds. Anyone else?
| Open
blakalicious

Postby JeffHoogland » 09 Feb 2015, 23:11

blakalicious wrote:I'd love an option to turn down the in-game sounds. Anyone else?
| Open
Most all modern operating systems should allow to adjust per-application volume level.

~Jeff
JeffHoogland

Postby aieie » 22 Feb 2015, 19:47

To my understanding actually there is no way to tell apart which card is being targeted in case multiple copies of a card are present in a graveyard. Example: Snapcaster targeting one of multiple Lightning Bolts in gy, I have a Scavenging Ooze so I could exile the one being targeted, too bad I don't know which one. Is it possibile to fix this?
aieie

Postby SonOfPhoenix » 24 Feb 2015, 10:51

I played with a Goblin Charbelcher today, so I want to suggest an easier way to put multiple cards back to any place. Maybe a button "Random" or "Same order as shown".

Additional to the Snapcaster interaction mentioned above, it would be nice, if selected cards for delve would have any graphical border or something similar.
SonOfPhoenix

Postby aieie » 24 Feb 2015, 14:43

And implement already the possibility to make spectator-free lobbies.
aieie

Postby bsienkows » 25 Feb 2015, 00:44

Just started using XMage and so far EXTREMELY impressed!

The only issue I'm having is, when playing with the "use bigger image" setting - I can only see a max of 6 cards in my hand (in order to see the 7th I have to shuffle cards to hide behind the stack). Im at the max resolution my laptop will go (1366 x 768). Is my only option to use the smaller images (the bigger ones are sooo much nicer)? What's the recommended resolution?
bsienkows

Postby LevelX » 25 Feb 2015, 08:37

bsienkows wrote:Just started using XMage and so far EXTREMELY impressed!

The only issue I'm having is, when playing with the "use bigger image" setting - I can only see a max of 6 cards in my hand (in order to see the 7th I have to shuffle cards to hide behind the stack). Im at the max resolution my laptop will go (1366 x 768). Is my only option to use the smaller images (the bigger ones are sooo much nicer)? What's the recommended resolution?
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=13632#p162924
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby mrcaterpillar » 10 Mar 2015, 16:37

Convoke is extremely cumbersome to use with the special button, having to click it for convoking each creature wastes lots of time. Could it be made possible to convoke multiple creatures once you have chosen to do so through the menu?
mrcaterpillar

Postby BElluu » 10 Mar 2015, 16:52

Hello, please add two options:

1. Ignore people on the chat - So many people spamming all the time.
2. Friend List :>
BElluu

Postby SonOfPhoenix » 19 Mar 2015, 17:28

A filter for the current Games would be very helpful.
SonOfPhoenix

Postby Kratos Aurion » 21 Mar 2015, 15:46

Telepathy reveals to me my hand (and in multiplayer all other players hands too except Telepathys owners). It might be technically correct, but why do I need to see my hand? And the "revealed cards window" reloads sometimes (even when my hand cards didnt change) and the window jumps to where it initially was. So I always need to close it or drag it somewhere else (and it will jump away again later). Maybe you can lock the place where i put the window to?
Kratos Aurion

PreviousNext

Return to XMage