It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:57

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby LevelX » 03 Aug 2013, 08:15

Gorillaz wrote:I have noticed some odd behaviour from the AI: it often uses some activated abilities with poor timing. For instance, the AI uses blood bairn / nightwing shade's ability as soon as they come into play (which is useless because of summoning sickness). On the contrary, it never used corpse hauler / master of diversion's ability (even with very powerful creatures in the graveyard for the corpse hauler).

I was wondering whether I could give you a hand with this kind of behaviour. I'm proficient in Java so there is no technical barrier for me, and I'd like to work on a Magic-related AI :)
So if I've some time, I will definitely download the source code and have a look!

Thanks again for all your efforts!
Our focus is clearly to make the human vs. human part of MAGE better. Currently nobody really takes care of AI development.
Nevertheless it's very welcome if somebody improves the AI code. If you really go for it I suggest to create a copy of the existing AI or build one from scratch and improve that. The existing AI code suffers from many work around fixes and deactivated (because of bugs) parts and you never know what you break if you make bigger changes.
I guess it's a very interresting task but I really doubt there will be a satisfactory AI in the near future.

Btw we gather AI issues in this project https://github.com/magefree/mage_ai/issues.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Noobshock » 18 Aug 2013, 18:07

http://i.imgur.com/ZMkl3WK.jpg

All this unused space when drafting in 1080p! :(
Would it be hard to implement to have the cards resize (from the full pic maybe?) so that the space is used better and the player can enjoy better quick glance readability? Would be particularly nice when making decisions in draft.
Noobshock

Postby Noobshock » 21 Aug 2013, 11:48

example with MTGO drafting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1WV7ABaneI
Noobshock

Postby Arcanux » 09 Sep 2013, 00:23

Just a thought.....if possible could this be ported to android for use on tablets? The only decent software so far is Wagic, and forgive me but it can be a headache at times and with no multiplayer.
Arcanux

Postby gmontanola » 16 Oct 2013, 15:46

Hello! First of all congratulations on the software! It is awesome!

But I can't play on lower-res screns (like netbook ones).

1024x600 cannot show my hand and other essential stuff.

:(

If it is possible to make it scalable or develop a low-res mode I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks in advance!
gmontanola

Postby jeffwadsworth » 17 Oct 2013, 04:49

Some pointers on where to look for AI code within Mage.

ComputerPlayer6 and ComputerPlayer7 are used currently. Methods from both are accessed. There is a ton of garbage in there. As LevelX mentioned, it is best to start over. ComputerPlayer2 and ComputerPlayer3 are a good place to start. Currently, the AI just examines the moves that it can make immediately. No look ahead. So setting the difficulty to anything above 1 is a waste of time.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby seedds » 15 Dec 2013, 04:10

Could Cube be implemented in MAGE? That would be wonderful. :D :D
seedds

Postby LevelX » 15 Jan 2014, 00:50

Noobshock wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ZMkl3WK.jpg

All this unused space when drafting in 1080p! :(
Would it be hard to implement to have the cards resize (from the full pic maybe?) so that the space is used better and the player can enjoy better quick glance readability? Would be particularly nice when making decisions in draft.
Cards shown in the draft use now the available space in a better way.
UseSpaceForDraft02.jpg

UseSpaceForDraft01.jpg
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Noobshock » 16 Jan 2014, 12:59

big improvement, thanks!
Noobshock

Postby filipebfs » 24 Jan 2014, 13:22

Just congratulations by fast BNG commits! =D>

I love MAGE
filipebfs

Postby Sereosh » 23 May 2014, 18:22

Since it will not be available on MTGO, would it be possible to make Conspiracy work on MAGE? It would be a good way to bring new people in my opinion.
Sereosh

Postby Bog Wraith » 19 Jun 2014, 13:14

Would like the ability to arrange the cards in my hand during game play as this gives the flexibility to group colours and card types within your hand.

Also would like to be able to filter out cards individually, as well as entire colours while within a draft. You can do this with hiding colours within the deck editor, but it would be very convenient to be able to do this on the top portion of the draft screen while in a draft to better organize your deck as you draft it & hide individual cards/colours as you build the deck while drafting. This function is on MTGO and is very useful.

Also would like a sound file added to when damage is assigned to a player from the combat step. The audio cues make it easier to cycle through the steps of a turn, knowing which step you are in while progressing through your turn.

Would also like to see you move the ends of the target arrow that leads to the players avatar because when they are active, they cover the life total of the players until they are removed after the combat phase.

There are other suggestions I have but I will save them for later. These are the ones that occurred to me & my wife as we were playing your wonderful app.

Thanks for all the work you are doing to improve the app and for the server that allows us all to play against each other. It is very much appreciated. Oh, thanks again for adding Necropotence to the game, you made my day when you did so! =D>
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby LevelX » 19 Jun 2014, 15:55

Bog Wraith wrote:Would like the ability to arrange the cards in my hand during game play as this gives the flexibility to group colours and card types within your hand.
Make order of cards in hand changable

Bog Wraith wrote:Also would like to be able to filter out cards individually, as well as entire colours while within a draft. You can do this with hiding colours within the deck editor, but it would be very convenient to be able to do this on the top portion of the draft screen while in a draft to better organize your deck as you draft it & hide individual cards/colours as you build the deck while drafting. This function is on MTGO and is very useful.
Panel showing drafted cards should have a color filter

Bog Wraith wrote:Also would like a sound file added to when damage is assigned to a player from the combat step. The audio cues make it easier to cycle through the steps of a turn, knowing which step you are in while progressing through your turn.
You mean a sound if that step starts or ends or you mean a sound really if damage is assigned to a player?

Bog Wraith wrote:Would also like to see you move the ends of the target arrow that leads to the players avatar because when they are active, they cover the life total of the players until they are removed after the combat phase.
The targets are transparent and the number is still readable, but true not very well. To point with the targets on the right edge of the avatar seems also no perfect solution. I guess it looks silly.
Would it help to add the life value again to the tooltip if you hover with the mouse pointer over the heart?

Bog Wraith wrote:Thanks for all the work you are doing to improve the app and for the server that allows us all to play against each other. It is very much appreciated. Oh, thanks again for adding Necropotence to the game, you made my day when you did so! =D>
Thanks, most of the time it's fun to work on XMage.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 19 Jun 2014, 17:07

Ok, thanks for the links to your GitHub pages showing that you have had the first two suggestions I made in your cue for future additions for awhile now. I'm sure you have other changes or suggestions from other users on these pages as well.

As for the sound in the combat step, yes, when the damage is applied it would be nice to have a sound play at that particular moment.

Yes, adding the tooltip while hovering over the life total would be good as well.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Bog Wraith » 21 Jun 2014, 13:35

One thing I have noticed is that the random number algorithm or whatever is used to generate the random card picks in a pack is creating packs that are not sufficient in this category. For instance, I was in a 6 pack sealed deck event yesterday where I got three out of six of the same rare card. There have been other examples like this where the random generation of cards has been less than what would be with physical packs. This has happened with uncommon & common cards as well. I know that with let's say commons, you get a number of them whenever you open multiple packs, but even these numbers have been higher than one would expect to find when opening a pack.

Just wanted to point this out also in case anyone else is seeing this as well, and hopefully this is something that can be addressed in future updates to the app.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

PreviousNext

Return to XMage