It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:08

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby Slimmo » 17 Mar 2013, 20:38

Is there a possibility to add a similar system that DotP uses when it comes to phases and spell/ability uses?
For example that phases are automaticly skipped if the player cannot do anything during that phase.
And if it is a non-main phase or a spell/ability is being played and the player can cast instants or use abilites from creatures/artifacts/enchantments a timer will count down from like 5 seconds during those 5 seconds the player who wishes to use an ability or play an instant needs to press a "stop timer" button and then do whatever he wants to do.

I know this is probably very hard to add this kind of feature but if it is a possibility why not give it a try? :D
Because pressing the "done" button so much during gameplay can be a bit annoying, I cant be alone in that feeling.
Not only that the games will be much faster if a similar system was implemented im sure of it :)
Slimmo

Postby LevelX » 17 Mar 2013, 20:57

Slimmo wrote:Is there a possibility to add a similar system that DotP uses when it comes to phases and spell/ability uses?
For example that phases are automaticly skipped if the player cannot do anything during that phase.
And if it is a non-main phase or a spell/ability is being played and the player can cast instants or use abilites from creatures/artifacts/enchantments a timer will count down from like 5 seconds during those 5 seconds the player who wishes to use an ability or play an instant needs to press a "stop timer" button and then do whatever he wants to do.

I know this is probably very hard to add this kind of feature but if it is a possibility why not give it a try? :D
Because pressing the "done" button so much during gameplay can be a bit annoying, I cant be alone in that feeling.
Not only that the games will be much faster if a similar system was implemented im sure of it :)
Not that it's exactly what you demand, but you know the functions of the F4 and F9 buttons in mage?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Slimmo » 17 Mar 2013, 22:16

LevelX wrote:
Slimmo wrote:Is there a possibility to add a similar system that DotP uses when it comes to phases and spell/ability uses?

Not that it's exactly what you demand, but you know the functions of the F4 and F9 buttons in mage?
I do know about F4 (End Turn) but not F9

EDIT: I just tested what F9 does and wow yea that would help to speed things up because it instantly ends my turn :D
Thanks for saying that function to me
Slimmo

Postby Slimmo » 21 Mar 2013, 17:46

I will give you a few suggestions/feedback on the game that I have come up with. If it is already a planned change or something like it then sorry for repeating it.

1. If a player leaves the server he is connected to by either quitting MAGE or pressing "Disconnect", that player should be instantly removed from any game he might be in and the player list above the chat window. However if he is disconnected or the program terminates unexpectedly there should be a timer on like 60 seconds to give the player some time to reconnect before being removed from any game he is in.

2. As soon as a player presses the "Concede" button no matter what action is currently going on the player should instantly be defeated and all cards that player owns should be removed.

3. The player list above the chat window in the games tab should tell more info about the players. For example if they are AFK, currently in a game or in the deck editor.

4. You should be able to "whisper" to player (Basicly sending private messages) by right-clicking their name and then press "whisper" or by typing /w *playername* in a chat box. If you do that a window will pop up so you can chat to that perticuar player in private, also when a message is sent this way a sound should be played to alert the player. Of course if this is implented some kind of "ignore player" must also be there.

5. It would be awesome if you guys would put the game type "Two-Headed Giant" into MAGE :)

Thats all for now, I hope you guys think about these.
Slimmo

Postby Slimmo » 26 Mar 2013, 13:59

Got another suggestion regarding exiled cards.. why not put all exiled cards in a category like the graveyard is instead of having a window pop up every time something is exiled. Then you would also know for certain which card got exiled from who :)
Slimmo

Postby Slimmo » 16 Apr 2013, 11:51

Got some more suggestions for you:

- The host of a game should have the ability to kick people (before the game starts) this is if the host wishes to have certain people to join but another (unwanted) player joins instead.
- Tokens and maybe other nonland permaments of the same type should be stacked on eachother in piles of 5 like how the lands are at the moment. Right now decks that summon alot of creatures/tokens takes up alot of space. But lets say that one of the tokens in a pile of similar tokens got enchanted then it gets seperated from the pile so you see clearly that its is different from the rest.
- The life total can't show more than 2 numbers right now it just shows "1... or -1..." if its above 99 or below -99. I dont see the point of this so just put it at a limit of 9999 cause if you get to that much life I dont think you need more xD
Slimmo

Postby LevelX » 16 Apr 2013, 13:49

Slimmo wrote:Got some more suggestions for you:

- The host of a game should have the ability to kick people (before the game starts) this is if the host wishes to have certain people to join but another (unwanted) player joins instead.
Possible to implement, but the kicked user can rejoin your game again. Maybe one could add a logic that for a time period (e.g. 2 minutes) the user can't rejoin. That would solve the problem.

Slimmo wrote:- Tokens and maybe other nonland permaments of the same type should be stacked on eachother in piles of 5 like how the lands are at the moment. Right now decks that summon alot of creatures/tokens takes up alot of space. But lets say that one of the tokens in a pile of similar tokens got enchanted then it gets seperated from the pile so you see clearly that its is different from the rest.
Would be get harder to select the tokens to attack and block. Maybe configurable in the preferences to switch token piles on/off.

Slimmo wrote:- The life total can't show more than 2 numbers right now it just shows "1... or -1..." if its above 99 or below -99. I dont see the point of this so just put it at a limit of 9999 cause if you get to that much life I dont think you need more xD
This one I did already in development system. I change life and cards in graveyard number like the number of cards in library, to show the value in a smaller font if the value is bigger than 99. But I didn't test if it shows numbers beyond 3 digits correct.
For greater numbers I thought about a solution to show the life in a tooltip that will be shown if you hover over the number.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Milkshakes00 » 03 May 2013, 03:10

This should definitely get a Legacy game mode.

I like being able to play with no restrictions on cards.
Milkshakes00

Postby LevelX » 03 May 2013, 08:13

Milkshakes00 wrote:This should definitely get a Legacy game mode.

I like being able to play with no restrictions on cards.
Legacy format is included in the next release. To play now your Legacy deck you can use the Limited format (as you probably already know).
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby jessegto » 07 May 2013, 15:30

Here are a few thoughts I have with my limited time using MAGE:
    Random decks seem to only work in limited format. Doesn't appear there is a way to generate a 60 card deck.
    Can't seem to get a 3 player game to work (1 human, 2 computers). One of the phases will be stuck on waiting for computer. However, if I concede the game, the computer players will then play each other without issue.
    This was mentioned before, but no way to quit in the middle of a tournament game.
    When I play tournaments with computers, they never finish. After the first match, it will just sit there showing the results but it won't continue on to the next match. Also noticed if I don't submit a deck in time it won't continue on to the next match and since there is no way to leave the tournament, it just sits there on the server.
    Are computer players smart enough in tournaments to draft and build decks? I'm thinking not...

Big thanks to everyone involved in this project, it is great. Just wish more people knew about it.
jessegto

Postby celzus » 21 May 2013, 17:24

Thanks for a great program!
celzus

Postby Sereosh » 23 May 2013, 11:48

Is it possible to add a little sound (I don't know, like a "ding" or something that don't make our ears explode lol) when the game is asking for priority change?

I have a two monitors setup and during my games I do some other stuff on the second monitor, and I never notice when I have to push that "done" button. :)
Sereosh

Postby filipebfs » 23 May 2013, 15:43

In regard the WoC's article posted today

/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/248e

I understood, now, unblockable and undestructible is not a keyword. Therefore, I thought on MAGE behavior about Turn//Burn. A permanent lose unblockable and/or undestructible?

(Sorry my english)
filipebfs

Postby LevelX » 23 May 2013, 18:26

filipebfs wrote:In regard the WoC's article posted today

I understood, now, unblockable and undestructible is not a keyword. Therefore, I thought on MAGE behavior about Turn//Burn. A permanent lose unblockable and/or undestructible?
It depends, if the ability is an ability of the permanent itself (e.g.Darksteel Brute) the permanent loses the ability and therefore indestructibility.
If indestructibility is given by another object (e.g. by enchantment aura Indestructibility) it doesn't lose the indestructibility.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby filipebfs » 23 May 2013, 19:16

LevelX wrote:
filipebfs wrote:In regard the WoC's article posted today

It depends, if the ability is an ability of the permanent itself (e.g.Darksteel Brute) the permanent loses the ability and therefore indestructibility.
If indestructibility is given by another object (e.g. by enchantment aura Indestructibility) it doesn't lose the indestructibility.
But this is wrong, right? I mean, now, indestructible is not a keyword.
filipebfs

PreviousNext

Return to XMage