It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:02

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby spjspj » 16 Jul 2018, 14:53

borealicus wrote:fix so that you can actually play. i've tried downloading the images for about 5 hours. tried using the in game downloader. tried reducing download limit. tried downloading external .zip files. nothing works. and it is quite annoying and frustrating
Have you tried checking the path (aka https://imgur.com/VhiN3PQ)
spjspj

Postby TheDax » 28 Jul 2018, 00:51

JBE wrote:Suggestion for removing lag for players:

People are always complaining about lag. I had got a lot of it too until I changed my memory use limit up from the basic 512. I haven't had any lag or crashes since then.

In the next iteration of xMage can the standard cap be raised to say a gig?

Almost all systems now easily have that and new players won't be frustrated from lags and crashes.
i've set mine to 2048 and i still get crashes. i have 32gb of memory, i'd like to see the support greatly increased.

also, multi-processor core support would be nice. with woogerworks being gone, i only use xmage to test decks against the computer locally now.
TheDax

Postby All Regent » 05 Aug 2018, 17:27

Can there be some sort of option when casting a spell with multiple as foretolds in play? currently the game just asks you whether or not you would like to cast a spell for free, but because as foretold only allows you to cast spells of certain mana it is relevant which one is used for a spell. Currently the program seems to always use the as foretold with the most counters on it, and as far as I can tell there is no way to choose which as foretold to use.
All Regent

Postby Heris » 13 Aug 2018, 14:47

When XMage starts or while playing with it a lot of small files named batik-default-override-*number*.css are created in
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp.
I played half an hour and more then 600 files were created in that folder; is this happening to others? I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit.
Heris

Postby Heris » 13 Aug 2018, 15:10

Opening a css file with a text editor shows the following: svg {shape-rendering: geometricPrecision;text-rendering: geometricPrecision;color-rendering: optimizeQuality;image-rendering: optimizeQuality;}
Heris

Postby Valdezzey » 14 Aug 2018, 04:32

Can the cards from commander 2018 be added?
Valdezzey

Relic Format and Rules Handling

Postby nefolaC4 » 16 Aug 2018, 15:12

Recently a few people from the Canadian highlander, inducing myself have stated a new format called relic. I was easily able to write a deck type file for the format in about an hour. I then tried to code the game type and realized that i needed a significant understanding of your game engine to properly code the significant modification to the commander rules that is necessary. The rules changes from commander to relic are

• the ability to have a conspiracy in the command zone as your commander (referred to in the format as a relic)
  • a change of the commander tax from 2 to 1
  • having lands, enchantments and artifacts as your commander,
  • and normal competitive mulligans instead of commander mulligans.

The implementation of the format also requires the addition of the same modified command tax tax applying to lands. Rules wise we accomplish this by having the land gain the ability.
As you play this card, you may pay {0}. If you don't, return it to the command zone, this ability costs {1} more for each time before this one you have played your relic from the command zone this game
Can you please help with the rules and game type implementation of our format?

Thank you for considering.
nefolaC4

Postby illuknisaa » 04 Sep 2018, 11:31

When you open the lobby window by default the newest lobby is listed first. I think this should be changed so that the oldest lobby is at the top of the list. This way lobbies would fill more consistently and older lobbies wouldn't fall down obscurity. If you have a more niche lobby you have to constantly try to push to top of the list for visibility.

Sure I can already change myself but most people don't know how to use xmage properly.
illuknisaa

Postby Heris » 13 Sep 2018, 18:51

When a player casts Baffling End the exiled card is put in a generic window with the other exiled cards. It would be useful if the exiled card is put in a separate and dedicated window in a similar way as Seal Away for example, in case there more Baffling End cards in play.
Attachments
Baffling End.jpg
Heris

Postby illuknisaa » 13 Sep 2018, 21:34

Heris wrote:When a player casts Baffling End the exiled card is put in a generic window with the other exiled cards. It would be useful if the exiled card is put in a separate and dedicated window in a similar way as Seal Away for example, in case there more Baffling End cards in play.
Baffling End actually exiles the card permanently. You aren't getting the card back even if baffling end leaves the battlefield. You only get a dino.
illuknisaa

Postby Heris » 14 Sep 2018, 08:07

illuknisaa wrote:
Heris wrote:When a player casts Baffling End the exiled card is put in a generic window with the other exiled cards. It would be useful if the exiled card is put in a separate and dedicated window in a similar way as Seal Away for example, in case there more Baffling End cards in play.
Baffling End actually exiles the card permanently. You aren't getting the card back even if baffling end leaves the battlefield. You only get a dino.
You're right; in this case it doesn't matter which card is exiled with Baffling End.
Heris

Postby cheddarsuave » 14 Sep 2018, 23:16

It would be great if we could get the Premodern format added as a constructed option. The format is picking up a lot of steam with some high-profile European tournaments lately.

Full explanation and ban list at: http://premodernmagic.com/

Thanks for the consideration :)
cheddarsuave

Postby cheddarsuave » 28 Sep 2018, 12:52

Can we please make convoke be able to tap a bunch of creatures in a row instead of going one at a time, which takes forever. Thanks!
cheddarsuave

Postby illuknisaa » 08 Oct 2018, 11:16

Ability to make a custom banlist would be great.
illuknisaa

Postby revwildo » 06 Nov 2018, 04:22

Just want to jump on the 2HG bandwagon. Would be awesome to see it implemented so Battlebond gets to do its thing.
revwildo

PreviousNext

Return to XMage