It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:44

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby JayDi » 02 Sep 2021, 22:24

CumCaptain wrote:Is it possible to make a quick order and remembering option for replacement effects like doubling season, nyxbloom ancient, and cards like that?
If you want remember per objects then go to preferences (by step button), change replacement effects settings and reset your choices. So you will be asked for each card. You can add new auto-answer or reset it -- you can't change order of saved answered.
JayDi

Postby Dynamo345 » 19 Nov 2021, 18:00

im just gonna request to just update xmage since Midnight hunt is finished
Dynamo345

Postby Legioned » 24 Nov 2021, 03:09

Would you consider adding Pauper Commander as a playable game type? I'm not sure how hard it would be, given that the rules are very similar to commander, but would alter some things.

https://www.pdhhomebase.com/rules
Legioned

Postby spjspj » 03 Jan 2022, 03:51

Legioned wrote:Would you consider adding Pauper Commander as a playable game type? I'm not sure how hard it would be, given that the rules are very similar to commander, but would alter some things.

https://www.pdhhomebase.com/rules
You could play this already as a freeform commander style deck.

In freeform commander, you can have any creature as the commander (or any legendary card) so you would be able to use any uncommon creature as the commander.

There is no banned/restricted list and the color identity is enforced for the 99 card deck (partners are also allowed).

You would just have to get your opponents and yourself to make sure they use a correct deck as xmage itself wouldn't be enforcing any banned cards from the format.
spjspj

Postby Lobster Emperor » 15 Jan 2022, 05:57

The UI does not seem to be designed with 4k monitors in mind, and if there is a way to adjust these settings easily, it is quite difficult to find. I've opened it on my 4k monitor and everything is so absolutely tiny that I can barely read it. Worst, when I move it to my 1080p monitor, it stays absurdly shrunk. I can't share links because of some dumb forum rule but all of the buttons are absurdly tiny.

I can adjust some things like the card size to a more reasonable level, but things like the buttons are absurdly tiny and impossible for me to see. Hope this gets fixed, even if it's probably a lot to ask.
Lobster Emperor

Postby shitcake96 » 24 Feb 2022, 03:28

Out of curiosity, is there any time frame for when the official client and beta will be merged? The beta server is is a ghost town, especially compared to the official one, but has more cards. I struggle to find a replacement for Consider in a Regent Murktide deck. I don't know fuck all about Java, so I'm not sure how difficult this would be to do.

Also, why do people not use the beta server? It's limited to a single server (why?), but has more cards. It boggles the mind.

Sorry if I sound like a complete noob, it be like that sometimes.
shitcake96

Postby DoingOutstanding » 19 May 2022, 00:53

My number one piece of feedback would be more control over the AI. I would love it if there was a command in the chat that I could use to immediately end an AI's turn, or simply have it skip the current action it is thinking about. I've found that once an AI has an infinite set of choices, or simply too many choices, it will simply repeat actions and slow down to the point that the server will crash. It'd be nice if it would simply skip to the next turn instead of crashing.
DoingOutstanding

Postby thedriveby » 06 Sep 2022, 17:33

Can the AI be coded to assess boardstate threat during each untap or upkeep step in multiplayer games? Something rough and very basic like a boardstate value, a creature has a value equal to its current power plus it's cmc, planeswalker value equal to current loyalty plus cmc, token value equal to 1 plus it's current power if it has one, enchantment value equal to it's cmc. I playtest A LOT of commander decks against 3 AI opponents on local and SO OFTEN it is the AIs just archenemy vs me with no consideration for the other AIs with out of control boardstates.
thedriveby

Postby Gui » 16 Feb 2023, 19:03

Hi folks,

I would like to suggest the inclusion of a Commander 1v1 format to the list of available formats on xmage called Leviathan Commander. This format is being played more frequently in many parts of Brazil and other South America countries as well as Europe and Russia.

I believe some players already try to play this format in Xmage by using the freeform commander format, but there are a few points from that format that don't really match with Leviathan, including the starting life total and banlist.

I believe the basic rules are fairly similar to the ones of Duel Commander, with a few differences:

- Each player starting with 30 life points
- There is win by commander damage (21 damage from the same commander card)
- If a player is using partner commanders, that player starts the game with a forced mulligan (must put one card from hand in the bottom, even if the player did not mulligan)
- There is a different Banlist for commanders and cards in deck
- Makes sense for the format to allow sideboarding since commanders can be swapped between games to another legendary card of the same color identity (I believe this is the same as Duel Commander)

This format makes for a great competitive 1v1 commander format, with the power level of the deck being a bit higher than duel commander due to the banlist here being less restrictive, as well as the partner commander rules being different.

[I would add the official format website here, but it seems I cannot do that in my first posts. You can reach out to me to get that if needed]

Let me know if this request makes sense or if adding other formats is not something that is being considered.

Thank you ! 
Gui

Previous

Return to XMage